THE CAMP TRANSFORMATION CENTER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
not bad
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 9, 2018
great place to work, never enough hours, need multiple jobs, crazy hours. starting at 4am. My first manager was difficult to work with but he was replaced by this very sweet woman
Bad place to work
Service/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 7, 2018
unfair treatment and pay, poor work environment managers were mean and treated people differently. I wasnt paid for my the time i put in or my effort. Didnt pay their trainers the right amount either.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun to work if you're an early bird
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHJuly 20, 2018
I was at work at 4:30am, set up my workout stations/class. People would show up, we would all stretch. After stretching I would walk through the stations and then begin our workout. The people were great for being up at 4 & 5am. Music would be blasting, sweat pouring, and then we would finish after about 45-50 minutes. I would teach from 4:30-7am and then head home to prepare for my other job.
Love helping others with their fitness journey!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 16, 2018
I love my job. I love the work culture and community that we have created. A typical day at work is mainly revolved around customer satisfaction and service. The hardest part about the job is the sales pressure that is put on you daily. Helping members reach their goal is by far the most rewarding.
Pros
free gym membership, learning opportunities
Cons
healthcare, Fmla, Benefits, Bonuses
Extremely Inconsistent, Management is a joke
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 26, 2018
Management couldnt get a simple request completed. They made promises they couldnt keep as far as hours and scheduling. They seemed to hire anyone they could.Training was really poor.
Pros
Relaxed
Poor ownership dishonest cliams
Group Trainer, Sales (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TX 76117June 18, 2018
ownership was about to break the business with overspending on their own personal lifestyle plus the program was dishonest on how it could take the weight off but never showed how to keep it off
Productive front desk job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 30, 2018
A typical day at work as a front desk is easy, you have all of the tools given to you to have a successful shift. Managers jobs are less productive due to upper management neglect.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
pay is horrible
Great place to work and help change lives.
Fitness Boot Camp Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2018
Great part time gig as a trainer. Management is great and as a trainer you get to really motivate and help people change their lives. Great community of co workers and members.
Pros
Caring management
Cons
Not full time
The camp
HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 30, 2018
It was only a temp job so was not there for that long had to earn a little extra money to pay for bills since it is very expensive to live now a days.
Pros
temp job
Cons
managment
Great to start learning to become a trainer, not for long term work.
Group Trainer (Former Employee) –  Laguna, CAFebruary 22, 2018
My experience at the Camp Transformation Center was good to learn and grow as a group trainer. I learned a lot from working with large groups. If you're starting out or looking for entry level work, it's good to start here with a fast paste environment. If you're looking to grow with-in the company, it'll take many years to "move- up", but there's not a lot of opportunity to grow. The next position is Supervisor or Manager, but the pay rates aren't worth the stress you'll get. Now that the company is Franchised, you'll be working for business owners that love what they do, but unfortunately, they are growing with the company as well. So don't expect to get all the support as a trainer or lead position. In this environment, since the pay rate is lower that most other big box or big gyms, you are replaceable in a heart beat. I suggest to learn and grow and then move on to another better opportunity with the skills you learn.
Pros
Learn and Grow
Cons
Low pay rate

Want to know more about THE CAMP TRANSFORMATION CENTER?

Ask a question
Fulfilling
Asst Director (Current Employee) –  FLFebruary 2, 2018
I absolutely LOVE working for The Camp Transformation!!
One of the most fulfilling jobs I've ever had. Management is supportive and co-workers become like Family!
The programs they offer to the clients make you play a vital role in helping them achieve their goals, creating such an unbreakable bond.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Somewhat fun but overwhelming at points
Group Fitness Trainer/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Some shifts were way too early. ultimately why I left was due to the fact that I started doing morning shifts back to back and they started at four in the morning. there was a two hour gap that was unaccounted for; not paid and had to stay. management was a little unorganized.
Pros
discounts on supplements
Cons
overwhelming and stressful at points
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere because of the clients and staff.
Fitness Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2017
Work is very fast paced and requires excellent time management skills. Every 7 weeks, we get a new group of clients for a challenge to lose weight. I enjoyable the interaction with clients and enjoy being their go to person when they need help or have any questions. My typical day consists of weighing in clients and helping them reach their goals and on the administrative side, I have many contracts to process and reports to complete. I have learned many things at The Camp. The most useful is learning how to work with all the different type of personalities out there. This will benefit me where ever I go. I learned a lot through admin as well that I will take with me and expand my knowledge on. The culture is awesome. We are known to be a family and I would love to spread the culture at any workplace. The hardest part of my job would be meeting deadlines. This is due the owners continuing to have new ideas and releasing them too quickly. They have made many mistakes and learned from them. As a Director, I have communication with the owners to help with any mistakes they may have.
Pros
Culture, clientelle
Cons
Staff underneath me do not get paid enough for the hard work they do
A place to work
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CANovember 17, 2017
Depending on your position you will have a great or just okay time. Higher up positions will be more difficult and more stressful due to the monthly goals.
Great place to make new friends.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 15, 2017
Overall a good place to work if you love fitness and helping other meet their goals. Must have a positive attitude and not mind the rush of clients that come in on any given time.
Pros
Set hours, discounts, fun place
Cons
Close to no breaks
Sales orientated job
Director (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 10, 2017
I managed a team of people and had to work to reach monthly sales goals which included memberships, supplements and programs. The management wasn't the best since it was a corporate owned location. I learned customer service above all, seeing what the clients needed. My team was the best, they had great attitudes, it was a fun work environment. Working with clients was the best part.
The Camp
Assistant program director/Head Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 3, 2017
It's a great place for transformations. I reccomend it to anyone in need of a kick in the butt to get moving. Our trainers are top notch and care about the members
Pros
community of members
Cons
hours
Productive, Fun, Team Member, Work Family Feeling
New Member Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work will involve a fast past environment of finding a balance or recruiting new members and providing sales. I learned a lot about my own leadership style and how to recognize desired and undesirable leadership in my managers. The workplace culture has pros and cons of a family environment but that can cause conflicts when establishing boundaries and preventing favoritism. My most enjoyable part of my job was help clients reach their goals and helping them transform their lives.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Not a lot of career advancement
Learning Experience
LEAD TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 16, 2017
To just start out in the fitness industry The Camp is a great place to work because you get to work with all different types of people. It's very high in volume, so you will be tested but you will definitely grow and get to network.
Self Fulfilling
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2017
It was a great experience helping those who were dedicated in changing their lifestyles. Not only changing their physical self but also spiritually helping them bounce back into a normal lifestyle.