The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Determined
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2018
Relocated but , overall i enjoy working here.Being able to see customers satisfied made my day each day . being focus is very important & listening as well.
yearly family day
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA 19406September 13, 2018
no advancement in finanicial was an issue when they are a million dollar company.I just think that the culture should meet what is acutally preaching.
Pros
people were friendly
Cons
financial
Corporate Job for better or worse
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOSeptember 12, 2018
The training is superior at The Capital Grille. If you enjoy structure and a corporate culture then it is the place for you to work. If you prefer a privately owned restaurant it might not be the best fit.
Fun and great exp.
Cook prep (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 24, 2018
Great and enough room to grow just gotta be willing to compete great employees great food awesome customers great clean environment and a understanding crew
Definitely the most fascinating company I have worked for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 10, 2018
The Capital Grille was the true stepping stone to my career in the service/restaurant industry. I learned everything from steps of service, cuts of beef, wine and grape varietals, and most importantly, how to engage with our guests.
I was fortunate enough to open this restaurant in 2004. It was during these four weeks of training and tasting where I learned these valuable tools. Capital Grille was my family for the next ten years.
Pros
networking with my fellow employees and guests, constant wine and food training, and great leadership.
Cons
I felt there was limited room for advancement.
Best Restaurant Corporation
Wine Director/Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 4, 2018
Best pay, best benefits for managers across the board in the industry. Nothing but great advantages working for Darden as a manager. Incredible retirement plan and stock options for all full time employees.
Benefits
Cons
Nights, weekends and holidays
Great place
Pastry Chef/Morning Lead/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024June 24, 2018
Capital grille has very experienced management, and they never cut corners. High volume restaurant, with competitive pay. I learned a lot of things from this company.
recommend employment here
PASTRY CHEF (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2018
clean and organized place to work. decent equipment.
fun teamwork crew.
Management more concerned about bonuses than customer; would rather cut employee hours than make sure of having full crew to serve customers quickly.
Always glad to come to work.
Pros
employee meal made by cooks
Cons
micromanagement
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 4, 2018
Classical American upscale steakhouse with a clubby, refined setting. Learned about all of the different steak cuts as well as old world and new world wines. Service was very fast pace and upscale with emphasis on food and wine pairings
fast paced environment
Server and Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
some managment is great, others are not,
overall the money is pretty good.
very fast paced, especially in season.
Hardest part is restaurant week and generous pour at the same time.
Pros
money
Cons
General Manager
excelente corporacion
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 8, 2018
muy buena corporacion, los salarios no son los mejores pero tienen muchisimos beneficios. Los jefes son educados y pacientes.
Terrible experience/ worst ever
Front server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2018
They hire/trick you into thinking you will work 5 shifts a week but when you show up for your one forced lunch shift it’s 90% of a waste of time, gas and money. No runners during lunch shift and you run all your appetizers and 3 table small stations. Being the newbie your forced to setup the line and all the covers go to those who have seniority while you do all the labor work only to get cut getting no tables or about 25% of the covers of those who have been there longer. Only time for a chance to make any money is convention season cause they use you for over flow tables usually giving you about 10 covers a night while those people with seniority get 3-4times your covers. No 6+ person large party gratuity either. Managers are lazy and if anything happens no matter what happens it’s your fault. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here. Also all the benefits they brag about in orientation they make sure that not one FOH employee gets enough hours for insurance. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
N/a
Cons
The whole place is a disgrace to anyone who is a professional
Corporate steakhouse
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2018
Ok place to work. Very corporate and very rigid work environment. I can't speak for all locations, only the one I worked at. However great money to be made if you can deal with the environment.
Best job I ever had
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 20, 2018
Out of the 3 jobs I have had so far, this one was amazing. I wish I was able to continue to work there but was not able to. The people you work with are amazing and professional and kind. You truly feel at home.
good to work for a short time
Board Runner (Former Employee) –  brickell ave , flApril 13, 2018
Good to work for a short time. This business is not a long term investment. It is also good for teenagers. The managers micro-manage employees and other managers base the hours on giving the employees on favoritism.
Fine dining steak house, perfection and attention to detail in every way
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2018
Opened bar checked inventory, cash drawer, cut fresh fruit , wiped bar down and polished all glassware.
I learned the multiple ways of taking care of clientele, favorite drinks, wine knowledge, special ways to wow our guests experience at our restaurant.
Management was extremely professional went above and beyond to help, and offered all the advice to help each employee grow from there areas of weakness and complemented and rewarded outstanding service and attention to detail to make each one of our guests have an incredible dining experience.
Pros
discounts on all meals, and free family dinner everyday
Cons
very demanding a lot of tedious side work, but worth it, If you want to be athe best you strive to do so and go above and beyond to make it so
Fast paced fun job
Assistant Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2018
The people were great awsome managemnt team every one was easy going and always willimg to teach and help out and the menu always offerd a new challange always a fun new task to take on
Good place, full of drama
Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 4, 2018
Underlying drama continues to surround the restaurant. It makes some days unbearable. Other days can be fun, but you have to watch your back. There are people out to get you at everyturn.
Nice place to work and dine
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 30, 2018
The Capital Grille is a great place to work, it gave me the opportunity to meet nice coworkers had contact with guests from many places. Sometimes we get very busy and it is hard for a moment but it is also rewarding when we accomplished a goal.
Awful Company
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2018
At times you think you have a decent paying job, with a decent company. Then you watch things happen that are just plain wrong. I posted this review awhile ago but apparently you can't be too precise, while I didn't name anyone, I named positions that are only held by 1 or 2 people, so I get why it wasn't posted. My advice is make as much and save as much money as you can and get out in 2-4 years or you'll become part of everything that is hateful here. Of course its not all bad, but don't have expectations of moving up, too much politics and unearned favoritism. Good Luck
Pros
decent money
Cons
Upper MGMT, Nepotism, Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Capital Grille. Our community is ready to answer.