The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Low standards
Bartender (Current Employee) –  HoustonNovember 9, 2018
Incompetent management, lots of favoritism, low standards on the floor and in the kitchen, poor wine list. They seem out of their league. I've never seen a female employee give a guest a neck massage at Hooters, but I've seen it several times at The Capital Grille.
Pros
Undemanding.
Cons
Anything goes
Great company to work for, upscale restaurant
Lead Host (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 7, 2018
Here I learned a lot, working in an upscale restaurant environment. They offered 401k which is unheard of in the restaurant industry! Very professional work space.
very professional. great training program. great management and very clean
lead line cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2018
I was very happy with all aspects of the Capital Grille. The restaurant was very clean and organized. management seemed to actually care and it showed in the overall work vide and moral not only in the kitchen but in the front of the house as well.
Pros
good weekly pay. very professional. clean
Cons
they, like most restaurants, were strict on overtime
Professional corporate restaurant group
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2018
Very professional and exciting to work there. The clients are very knowledgeable about food and wine which makes it even more exciting to work at the Capital Grille.
Fun Busy overall cool
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2018
well structured, benefits and 401K match, fun, fast-paced, busy, room for growth and advancement, flexibility in schedule, overtime pay, anniversary recognition
Pros
room for growth and advancement, promote from within
Cons
micro management from upper can be overbearing
You are working with the most professional staff in the city.
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2018
Work the lunches as they are the most lucrative lunch shifts in the city. You will be able to pick up dinner shifts as well. Average dinner shift as a new server is 300 dollars
Pros
Family meal and breaks at your discretion
Cons
Seniority is king
The work enviornment was good
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2018
family feel they worked with you good. Cultured filled work environment and the management is fair. There is room for advancement and the are respectful
Competitive place to work, but the money is great
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2018
This was a great place to work through my college years. It was very competitive to get through the door, but well worth it for a short term job. Watch out for Restaurant Week. You make about a quarter of what you would during a normal week but will work harder than any other week all year.
Good
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 12, 2018
Good. I was given all the tools to advance and develop that I could ask for. The jobs i have worked have been straight-forward and clear. Regular feedback and clear expectations are set.
Hard work, Average pay,
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2018
Work hard, see celebrities, get overtime. Dont expect great pay or career advancement. Never received any interviews or contact from HR for any positions I applied for.
Pros
Employee Meal, Steady work
Cons
You wont go far
Hard work, but you make a lot of money
Server and Culinary Professional (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08002October 4, 2018
The Capital Grille is one of the top tier steakhouse chains in the country. It is a place where you will work hard and bend over backwards to ensure that your guests enjoy themselves beyond their expectations. It is hard work, but there is opportunity to make a lot of money.
Best money I’ve ever made
Hostess Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
I made hourly wage, coat check tips and was tipped out from servers. No complaints as far as my income. It was also a high quality environment and they truly strive for the best in service.
Great place
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 25, 2018
Wonderful for serving i was just at the age that i was ready to transition back into the 9-5 world because of my new marriage. Im lucky to have worked there
Determined
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2018
Relocated but , overall i enjoy working here.Being able to see customers satisfied made my day each day . being focus is very important & listening as well.
yearly family day
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA 19406September 13, 2018
no advancement in finanicial was an issue when they are a million dollar company.I just think that the culture should meet what is acutally preaching.
Pros
people were friendly
Cons
financial
Corporate Job for better or worse
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOSeptember 12, 2018
The training is superior at The Capital Grille. If you enjoy structure and a corporate culture then it is the place for you to work. If you prefer a privately owned restaurant it might not be the best fit.
Fun and great exp.
Cook prep (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 24, 2018
Great and enough room to grow just gotta be willing to compete great employees great food awesome customers great clean environment and a understanding crew
Definitely the most fascinating company I have worked for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 10, 2018
The Capital Grille was the true stepping stone to my career in the service/restaurant industry. I learned everything from steps of service, cuts of beef, wine and grape varietals, and most importantly, how to engage with our guests.
I was fortunate enough to open this restaurant in 2004. It was during these four weeks of training and tasting where I learned these valuable tools. Capital Grille was my family for the next ten years.
Pros
networking with my fellow employees and guests, constant wine and food training, and great leadership.
Cons
I felt there was limited room for advancement.
Best Restaurant Corporation
Wine Director/Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 4, 2018
Best pay, best benefits for managers across the board in the industry. Nothing but great advantages working for Darden as a manager. Incredible retirement plan and stock options for all full time employees.
Benefits
Cons
Nights, weekends and holidays
Great place
Pastry Chef/Morning Lead/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024June 24, 2018
Capital grille has very experienced management, and they never cut corners. High volume restaurant, with competitive pay. I learned a lot of things from this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Capital Grille. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about