The Carle Foundation Hospital Employee Reviews

Cvicu rn
CARDIOVASCULAR INTENSIVE CARE RN (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 14, 2018
Carle hospital is an amazing facility, and the services they offer patients in such a rural community or priceless. My experience in their CVICU was difficult due to changes in surgeons and staffing.
I enjoy working at Carle.
Emergency Room Physician Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 11, 2018
The people I work with are really nice, they are willing to help with anything. Over the last year I have learned other areas. Coding the Emergency Room is the most enjoyable part. I code a variety of things in the Emergency Room.
EAP Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 9, 2018
This was a great place to work. It seems Carle is genuinely striving to make their health care system better for their clients and employees, welcoming new ideas and collaboration.I would come back to Carle if I still lived in Illinois.
transitional place to work
Staffing Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 10, 2018
This establishment was undergoing many changes when I was employed there. I had the opportunity to work on both the clinic side as well as the hospital side. It was unfortunate to witness the change from patients being people to patients becoming a number game.
Fun place to work
Scheduler Specailist (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 6, 2018
I was a Scheduling1 it was a fun place to work, but I felt that they could have been more patience with the employee's. I hard a lot to learn when I was working there about how there system work, working with some very nice people. My hardest part of my job was to use there system called support point meaning that you had to look up things in this system, doing insurance change for patience's. I dislike how they would audit you every month, once you found out what you where doing wrong you go and do better, then next audit it was something different.
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Better opportunities and physical work, keeping everything clean challenge work, learn new things, safety issues, manage biohazard and linen bags, keep each room cleaned everyday
Pros
Free tuition, flex houors
Cons
short break
very busy with very sick patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Carle is a large hospital and the patients there are usually "sicker" than the patients at other hospitals. You will learn so much just by working at Carle. I feel the experience changed my view of nursing and how to deliver care.
Growing regional health care organization
Operations Manager, Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 12, 2018
I learned a lot in this role. The organization is fast-paced and demanding as it prepares itself for the future. Management is good; however some divisions are very transactional based and do not use as much emotional intelligence as others.

Hardest part of the job is the constant demand for multiple complex projects and results, doing more with less staff while responsible for employee engagement scores.

The best part of the job is definitely the people who work there. Lots of caring, hard-working staff who have the patient's best interest in mind.
Pros
variety, collaboration, growth
Cons
low to mid-range salary
fun challenging work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 28, 2018
staff and facility created a fun and exciting work environment. Management guided the day to day operations with skill and control. Will and have recommended others to work here and to be patients in the hospital.
what you learned
Coder (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 28, 2018
I learned to be a team player coding for 10 years at Carle. There was a sense of great teamwork within the HIM coding division that foster a sense of community
Great place to work in the area
RN II (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 21, 2018
Worked 12 hour night shifts on pediatrics. Loved my coworkers, best part of the job hands down. They are working on a night shift friendly initiative which is nice to see.
Poor Manangement and Training
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Carle at the FieldsAugust 5, 2018
Fast paced environment, rewarding work. However you get no positive feedback on your performance and you can be blind-sided if make a mistake. You will find out about it, but it may be too late to keep your job. No developmental coaching is done at all.
good job
transporter (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 3, 2018
good place to work atypical day at work is most always good. you will learn a lot of things here ,management was very good as well, very good work place culture, people of all race and size,a very enjoyable job
Carle is probably a great company to work for, but not off site locations.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mahomet, ILJuly 19, 2018
Carl is a great company to work for except for off-site locations the off-site clinics can be very catty misleading rude not willing to help with advancement
More work than employees
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 23, 2018
It was a great experience to work at Carle I feel that Carle as a whole cares more about money and getting patients in and out then they do the problems of the patients. They would add new buildings and new rooms but wouldnt let our department hire more people which makes a lot of stress and isnt good for patient safety. Other than that it was a good place to work
Pros
Good money
Cons
Care more about money than people
Excellent Community Minded Mission - World Class Work Environment
Director, Internal Audit and Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 20, 2018
Creating and expanding the Internal Audit Department was a challenge but very fulfilling and rewarding. Performing audits in all of the various divisions of the hospital (Financial, Operations, Research, etc.) allowed for the broadening of working knowledge and experience. Serving the community in a small way was rewarding and a significant motivator to grow and expand the audit program.

The greatest challenge was navigating a political culture while trying to fulfill the duties and responsibilities as delineated in the Internal Audit Charter as approved by the Audit Committee.
Pros
Professional Work Environment, Well Defined Mission, Community Impact
Cons
Political Culture, Internal Audit Considered Optional Financial Expense
Great Teaching Hospital
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 11, 2018
Everyone is super helpful, the entire culture to to reach out and lend a helping hand. Obviously there are a few people who don't buy in as well as others but a vast majority will help you with anything you need.
Pros
People
Cons
Na
very large hospital
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 5, 2018
patient driven and seemingly focused . Constantly changing always receiving funding to build new facilities yet incapable or unwilling to increase pay in hourly employees.
Great place to work!
WC and General Liability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 15, 2018
Carle Hospital is respected place to work in the Champaign/Urbana, IL area! Carle is a fast paced work environment depending on your role. Employees are knowledgeable and are friendly towards patients and visitors.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful encounters
Good place to start
CST (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 27, 2018
The staff is not inviting for new hires or students, management is not held accountable, pay rate is in the lower fiftieth percentile for the country.