The Carle Foundation Hospital Employee Reviews

It is a decent place to work.
Clinical Research Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 27, 2019
I have been here for almost five years and I cannot complain about much. Compensation is a little lower than average for the area but there are more opportunities here in comparison to the rest of the community.
They need better management and HR rules need to be looked at.
EVS Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 26, 2019
They dont really care too much about the workers. They will def say they do but they dont. The management gets to walk all over you and give u major work and even though you tell them you cant finish it all they wont send you help. I always had multiple things to do that wasnt even in my job description and they dont pay you the extra money they should have when your doing the extra work. Management now belittles you and try to make you feel bad and stupid about yourself.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Management is poor. employees are treated badly
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Urbana, IL 61801February 15, 2019
My preceptor was a violent type person. She would hit my hand when she was teaching me new stuff. i reported it to management and nothing happened. I went to HR and they did nothing. left the company because of it.
Pros
It was my first time doing sterile processing. It was a learning experience
Cons
You get hit often like a child.
I enjoyed working at Carle Foundation Hospital.
Registered Nurse - Cardio/Pulmonary (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2019
I worked on a Cardio/Pulmonary unit that taught me a great deal of information that has assisted in obtaining my FNP degree. I admire that Carle is an education hospital and has a research facility. I was unhappy with my immediate supervisor at that time. I feel that Carle is a great place to have a career.
Neuro/trauma ICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 16, 2019
This well-staffed unit made caring for sick patients safe, and the friendly staff and management helped retain an excellent group of nurses and techs.
Work is work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 5, 2019
It is a big company, there are always plenty of jobs, it provides good job security, pay is okay, they have decent benefits, also they have a lot of different locations you can work (clinics and such).
Pros
job security, benefits
Cons
big corporation, struggle to keep staffing up with their growth/changes
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILDecember 18, 2018
Absolutely loved working here. Had a great experience. Learned something new everyday. Diverse culture in staff and patients. Updated in skills and technology.
fun place to work
Environmental health services tech (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 30, 2018
Carle and its mission is amazing the ceo is amazing and the things you learn about yourself and others while working there are amazing i would recommend this place to anyone
Cvicu rn
CARDIOVASCULAR INTENSIVE CARE RN (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 14, 2018
Carle hospital is an amazing facility, and the services they offer patients in such a rural community or priceless. My experience in their CVICU was difficult due to changes in surgeons and staffing.
I enjoy working at Carle.
Emergency Room Physician Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 11, 2018
The people I work with are really nice, they are willing to help with anything. Over the last year I have learned other areas. Coding the Emergency Room is the most enjoyable part. I code a variety of things in the Emergency Room.
EAP Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 9, 2018
This was a great place to work. It seems Carle is genuinely striving to make their health care system better for their clients and employees, welcoming new ideas and collaboration.I would come back to Carle if I still lived in Illinois.
transitional place to work
Staffing Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 10, 2018
This establishment was undergoing many changes when I was employed there. I had the opportunity to work on both the clinic side as well as the hospital side. It was unfortunate to witness the change from patients being people to patients becoming a number game.
Fun place to work
Scheduler Specailist (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 6, 2018
I was a Scheduling1 it was a fun place to work, but I felt that they could have been more patience with the employee's. I hard a lot to learn when I was working there about how there system work, working with some very nice people. My hardest part of my job was to use there system called support point meaning that you had to look up things in this system, doing insurance change for patience's. I dislike how they would audit you every month, once you found out what you where doing wrong you go and do better, then next audit it was something different.
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Better opportunities and physical work, keeping everything clean challenge work, learn new things, safety issues, manage biohazard and linen bags, keep each room cleaned everyday
Pros
Free tuition, flex houors
Cons
short break
very busy with very sick patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Carle is a large hospital and the patients there are usually "sicker" than the patients at other hospitals. You will learn so much just by working at Carle. I feel the experience changed my view of nursing and how to deliver care.
Growing regional health care organization
Operations Manager, Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 12, 2018
I learned a lot in this role. The organization is fast-paced and demanding as it prepares itself for the future. Management is good; however some divisions are very transactional based and do not use as much emotional intelligence as others.

Hardest part of the job is the constant demand for multiple complex projects and results, doing more with less staff while responsible for employee engagement scores.

The best part of the job is definitely the people who work there. Lots of caring, hard-working staff who have the patient's best interest in mind.
Pros
variety, collaboration, growth
Cons
low to mid-range salary
fun challenging work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 28, 2018
staff and facility created a fun and exciting work environment. Management guided the day to day operations with skill and control. Will and have recommended others to work here and to be patients in the hospital.
what you learned
Coder (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 28, 2018
I learned to be a team player coding for 10 years at Carle. There was a sense of great teamwork within the HIM coding division that foster a sense of community
Great place to work in the area
RN II (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 21, 2018
Worked 12 hour night shifts on pediatrics. Loved my coworkers, best part of the job hands down. They are working on a night shift friendly initiative which is nice to see.
Poor Manangement and Training
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Carle at the FieldsAugust 5, 2018
Fast paced environment, rewarding work. However you get no positive feedback on your performance and you can be blind-sided if make a mistake. You will find out about it, but it may be too late to keep your job. No developmental coaching is done at all.