The Carle Foundation Hospital Employee Reviews

Carle is probably a great company to work for, but not off site locations.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mahomet, ILJuly 19, 2018
Carl is a great company to work for except for off-site locations the off-site clinics can be very catty misleading rude not willing to help with advancement
Excellent Community Minded Mission - World Class Work Environment
Director, Internal Audit and Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 20, 2018
Creating and expanding the Internal Audit Department was a challenge but very fulfilling and rewarding. Performing audits in all of the various divisions of the hospital (Financial, Operations, Research, etc.) allowed for the broadening of working knowledge and experience. Serving the community in a small way was rewarding and a significant motivator to grow and expand the audit program.

The greatest challenge was navigating a political culture while trying to fulfill the duties and responsibilities as delineated in the Internal Audit Charter as approved by the Audit Committee.
Pros
Professional Work Environment, Well Defined Mission, Community Impact
Cons
Political Culture, Internal Audit Considered Optional Financial Expense
Great Teaching Hospital
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 11, 2018
Everyone is super helpful, the entire culture to to reach out and lend a helping hand. Obviously there are a few people who don't buy in as well as others but a vast majority will help you with anything you need.
Pros
People
Cons
Na
very large hospital
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 5, 2018
patient driven and seemingly focused . Constantly changing always receiving funding to build new facilities yet incapable or unwilling to increase pay in hourly employees.
Great place to work!
WC and General Liability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 15, 2018
Carle Hospital is respected place to work in the Champaign/Urbana, IL area! Carle is a fast paced work environment depending on your role. Employees are knowledgeable and are friendly towards patients and visitors.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful encounters
Good place to start
CST (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 27, 2018
The staff is not inviting for new hires or students, management is not held accountable, pay rate is in the lower fiftieth percentile for the country.
Great Workplace
Quality Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 11, 2018
As an intern, I always felt very comfortable coming in to work. The team is helpful and supportive. The work environment is fast-paced at times, but overall everyone is always working hard.
Job
Senior Health Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 11, 2018
Carle is a great place to work. I was a tech and I was over worked and under paid. I loved working there, but had to work 6 days a week to live. Always understaffed, which sucked because then the techs got floated everywhere but their own floor.. even when they needed them.
Very collaborative team of technologists with years of knowledge
Student (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 7, 2018
The department changes from slow to very busy throughout the week. All of the techs work well together. The radiologists are communicative and the nuclear medicine radiologist is very educated and kind.
nice enviornment with good people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  champaign ILFebruary 14, 2018
I learned how to better interact with others. I learned that its a tough job and you have to work hard to do well. I was only there for a short while because I was just involved in a 6 week program there but I did learn a lot of new things. I got more familiar with the hospital setting which is nice because I'm thinking about going into the healthcare field. the most enjoyable part of the job was the employees. they have a great staff. they are very diverse. management was nice and you could always go and talk to them if you have had a bad day.
Pros
great staff
Cons
had to work with harsh chemicals
An average hospital.
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 14, 2018
This review is for somewhere I worked 13 years ago. At the time, the management was kind and caring. They supported their workers, but that was changing as medical records and changes to other medical regulations changed the role of support staff. I left before those changes fully took effect.
Pros
Quiet, professional atmosphere working nights
Cons
Working nights
Good Entry Level Position
Supply Chain Tech (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 11, 2018
Typical Day - Worked second shift from 2-:30-11:00pm. After 6:30pm I was the only Supply Chain person left on the floor. This resulted in being asked to resolve multiple issues relating to patient care. Overtime was almost always needed to complete the assigned workload.

Learned - Multitasking skills improved

Management - Department manager was knowledgeable of workload issues and worked to try to resolve them.

Workplace culture - high stress environment, due to trying to meet the needs of multiple departments and emergencies.

Hardest Part - Workload was too excessive for 1 person to manage

Enjoyable part - Satisfaction in being a part of the patient care team
Benefits
Cons
Workload, and stressful evironment
It's a place to work
Discharge Call Specialist (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 8, 2018
It's a place to work nothing bad to say but nothing outstanding to say either. It was a place to work and that is all I have to say. Thank you for your time
Longtime Success with Remarkable Tenure
Performance Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Carle Foundation has been a wonderful workplace for me. They welcomed me as both a new employee as well as a new transplant to the community. The work/life balance was perfect. The benefits were competitive, and it was motivating to be a part of a fast-growing company, despite its homegrown roots.
Pros
Cons
Unclear Advancement Process/Methods
Good job
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Awesome people to work with. I learned a lot as a volunteer and am now a student intern. I have learned so much from the staff at Carle and would highly recommend this hospital.
Corporate
Geriatric Telehealth Nurse (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILDecember 12, 2017
Carle is very much a corporate/business entity. It was always about the bottom line. The work environment was the worst I have experienced in 18 years of healthcare. Most was due to poor management.
Advancement is offered if you work hard
Health Infomaton Pro Fee Coding Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 24, 2017
I had many opportunities for advancement which I took advantage of. Working in the medical field is awesome. People are treated fairly, race is not a factor.
Pros
advancement
Cons
education benefits
Great pay and benefits
HIM Professional Fee Coding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 16, 2017
The pay and benefits were very competitive for the job market. I loved my job role but the expectations of the management team were conflicting and unrealistic.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
unrealistic expectations. unsupportive managers
Productive and a fun work places
Patient Accounts Specialist /Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is everyone so friendly, and trying to make a fun work places on the stressful day. be able to learn multi-task, and able to quickly adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes.
I enjoyed working for Carle
Schedule Specialist (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 26, 2017
I loved working for Carle it was a different experience for me, I learned different tools that I never used. I would love to work for them again in a different area.