The Carolina Inn Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 12, 2018
Very high standards, good place to work. Great location.

The company has opportunities across the country and room for advancement. A lot of highly trained people to learn from.
I choose to not participate
Pastry Extern (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 1, 2018
I choose to not participate
I do not want to participate and I do not know how to exit this requirement. Management and structure has changed since working there
Excellent Work Environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 14, 2017
So many different people with different backgrounds representing the great The Carolina Inn for one thing. Taking care of the client. Excellent food and feel good work environment even on the bad days. Good history, good benefits, PTO, 401k, and great job security.
Great Place To Work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 24, 2017
The Carolina Inn is a great place to work and a wonderful opportunity to gain professional skills. A typical day includes checking in and out guests, attending to guests and taking in early check in requests. Answering phone calls and helping guests with hotel and university questions and giving maps and information to people about restaurants and things to do in the area. Compensation is more than satisfactory and managements has a no tolerance approach to anyone being bullied or treated unfairly. None of that ever happened during my employment. I am sad to leave this place, I would recommend it to peers.
Pros
Pay, Location, Management, Co-Workers
interim chef
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 15, 2016
I was the interim chef while the company did an executive search. At the time I owned an operated my own restaurant in town so I was not able to stay on as executive chef. Since then I have sold that restaurant.
Fun filled environment
Manager-Patrick Smith (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 7, 2016
Great environment, getting to network and meet individuals who can help you out with where your going in life. Big events are held here so you have to be attentive to your work
Pros
Good food and events
Guest Satisfacton
Fron desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 4, 2015
It is a fun place to work
Every one possess over the top hospitality
Hotel is right in the middle of campus
You definitely have to be able to multi-task
you deal with a very diverse community
excellent benefits and work life balance
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 24, 2015
Excellent company to work for with advancement opportunities nation wide. I would never leave this company if the locations were in areas I was more interested in living. Not very structured, but that gives managers an autonomy for making their departments run the way they want them to.
Pros
relaxed environment with excellent benefits
Good people!
Server (Current Employee) –  NCJune 3, 2015
Working here is great for the pay and people. However, there are sometimes issues with being understaffed/unmotivated. But overall, I'd recommend it.
Respectful residents
Front Desk Concierge (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 19, 2015
We come in turn on the lights make sure phone is off night mode and complete daily task on Microsoft. Interacting with the resident and the family members were the best part of working in this business.
Pros
Interacting with family memebers
Cons
no lunch break, racial comments from supervisors
Wonderful place to work, room for advancement
Hostess/Tea Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I worked in the Carolina Crossroads Restaurant at The Carolina Inn and it is a fantastic place to work. The hotel experience provides room for advancement. Tea service is a lot of fun and becoming a big attraction for guests at The Inn. The Crossroads Restaurant provides 4-star 4-diamond dinner service. Sunday brunch is also a big attraction. Managers are very down to earth, understanding, and hard-working.
The Carolina Inn provides the best in hospitality services
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 30, 2013
I helped obtain and maintain Mobil four star rating at The Carolina Crossroads restaurant at the Carolina Inn. I prepped and executed all station on the restaurant line.
Great place to learn how to work in a fast pace environment.
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 28, 2013
The Carolina Inn has a strong history background that will introduce you to a variety of people. Great place for students to learn how to balance work/life. They offer some of the best benifits I have ever seen. All employees have the option to stay at other hotels associated with the Caolina Inn at a discounted rate. At times, can be a very high stress environment with the amount of people in and out of the hotel daily.
Pros
Benifits, 401k, Med, Dental, Vision (full-time), and hotel discounts
Cons
Management Turnover, limited advancement training and must be able to work all holidays and weekends.
Very classy workplace!
PASTRY CHEF (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 22, 2012
This place is filled with a lot of hard workers. I learned a lot of important baking skills. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with demand. The most enjoyable part of my job was making beautiful pastries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Carolina Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3