The Catholic University of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The Catholic University
Adjunct Professor of Philosophy (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
CUA is the Catholic University of America. It's a modern university but they fly the papal flag- this tells you all you need to know. It's Catholic identity is moderated by a diverse student body and it is located in the Brookland area of Washington DC
Great Work Environment
Federal Work Study Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
Working at The Catholic University of America was a very relaxed atmosphere. As an employee I was able to work independently and had great co-workers.
Most Enjoyable Part of The JOb
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2018
People were great to work for and with. I thoroughly enjoyed the management at Catholic University. Washington DC is a great city to work in. Just a little expensive to live there.
Ta
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2018
Was a good school to be a TA. Was able to gain experience giving lectures and managing laboratory projects. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Students were interested in labs and engaged in projects.
Fun, collaborative environment
Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2018
An excellent place to work for a student or someone looking for a part-time position. As a student worker, I found work-life balance to be easily maintained while working in various positions at Catholic University.
Unique place to work. Challenging and fun.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2018
As the national university of the Catholic Church in the United States, founded and sponsored by the bishops of the country with the approval of the Holy See, The Catholic University of America is committed to being a comprehensive Catholic and American institution of higher learning, faithful to the teachings of Jesus Christ as handed on by the Church.

Dedicated to advancing the dialogue between faith and reason, The Catholic University of America seeks to discover and impart the truth through excellence in teaching and research, all in service to the Church, the nation and the world.

The Catholic University of America is a productive, interesting and informative place to work. People from all over the world attend the university. As a customer service representative, I am exposed to many cultures and people.
Pros
On campus dining, free education, exposure to many cultures and people.
Cons
Wages
Cua
Office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2018
Great university and departments. The career services help you find a good on-campus job opportunity as well as off- campus openings. Have enjoyed my experience
Excellent
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2018
CUA is an excellent institution! It of course could pay more....but alas. Amazing faculty to work with, and wonderful students as well. Very flexible curriculum.
Great workplace
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2018
A typical day at work was great time. My summer job was located on campus and I fell in love with campus. The campus was metro accessible next to Brookland station. Which was major plus for my commute to work.
Work Study
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2018
Overall it was a great learning experience. I learned how to better work with customers and staff members. The environment and managers were very kind.
Good environment
Post Doctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2018
Good environment and a renowned institution.
Many kinds of people from us to international so there is always something to learn and experience.
Many shops.
Great Environment
Technical Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 5, 2018
Nice environment & Staff. A great place to gain experience for an entry level IT professional. Holidays off with students is a nice bonus. High turn over rate because of poor management.
Always busy day schedule
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2017
Busy, but always able finish all req. job that day. A lots of learning.
Good teamwork and workplace & workplace culture.
Good support from management.
Ok
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  My officeDecember 7, 2017
Could be a great company to work for but management is terrible, Pay is terrible, no such thing as pay raises or cost of living raises. The company looks good from the outside looking in.
Pros
A lot of paid holidays, We get every Catholic holiday off with pay, plus your average holidays with the exception of President's Day and Veteran's Day.
Cons
Salary
Benefits
Financial Aid Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 7, 2017
The paid time off is probably the best thing about working here. I do love working with the people in my office. It almost feels like i am around family.
TA and Research Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
Enjoyed my time at The Catholic University of America. Was my first job in academia. Have nothing bad to say about the professors or experience. My time with the University was great.
Flexible, accomodating, supporting success
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2017
Taught in a new masters' degress program one class for a total of 5 semesters. The dean and other professors were helpful and supportive whenever asked. Very interesting experience, I'd recommend teaching here.
Good Place to Teach and Learn
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time here as a Teaching Fellow for the School of Philosophy. The workplace is laid back, and I was given the freedom to design and execute my classes as I saw fit. Great support from managers.
Great Place to work
PeopleSoft Consultant for HR and Payroll (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2017
Busy day working with Developers. Running different payroll processes to analyze where/why the double deductions are appearing on employees paychecks. Worked on a daily bases with Developers.which was new for me. The management was very supportive and work place was diversified. Hardest part of the job was getting there. The Metro system was not very dependable. Enjoyable part was working with great folks!
Pros
Free bagels everyday
Cons
Commute
Lack of communication with supervisor.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2017
Pulling trash, mopping and vacuuming floors. Cleaning restrooms, offices, classrooms, and dorm rooms. I learned that management can be very poorly sometimes and unprofessional.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough sick/annual leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Catholic University of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight