The CCS Companies Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Arbitration Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 16, 2019
I would not recommend CCS to anyone, unless they are extremely in dire need for a job. Moral is horrible because of the lack in pay and expectations of work. Managers have favorites. In the 4 years that I worked for the company I only got one raise. I was hired at $10.50 and after 3 years I got a raise to $10.73. Managers tracked all the work that you did and would then question you or your supervisor on why your numbers changed. Managers don't care about their employees, nor does the HR department. People should be paid at least double of what they are to make up for the amount of work they do. Managers say that the monthly bonus makes up for the lack of pay, however the bonus can be anywhere from $200 a month to $1,000.00. You never know what it's going to be like. No one can afford to live and most people had second jobs.
Pros
some of the people are fun
Cons
everything
Negative job culture, poor management and lack of support
Arbitration Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 21, 2019
As a legal professional I have experienced a variety of management styles throughout my career, there are pros and cons to every one, except at CCS. The one positive thing about this company is there is no one to miss and nothing to feel reluctant about when you can move on to a better opportunity.
Official response from The CCS Companies
February 26, 2019

We are sorry that you didn't have the best experience with us. We have a leadership philosophy that requires all leaders to tailor the amount of supportive and directive behaviors they display, based on the developmental needs of their direct reports, to ensure that everyone gets the right leadership they need at the right time.

This 'Situational Leadership' approach is engrained in everything that we do and has yielded great results.

We also know that people who make friends at work tend to enjoy their work more and so encourage social interactions, via the various associate engagement activities we host and resources we provide.

We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Great company to work for that values there employees
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 4, 2019
This is my first experience working in a debt collection agency. I wasnt quite sure what to expect when I started here but it has proven to be a great career change and I'm happy to have the opportunity to work for this company. Great training was provided so that I feel confident and doing my job and am able to fulfill my responsibilities as a CSA. The company does a lot to show they value there employees and make the work day fun and interesting. Good benefits offered as well as biweekly bonuses and other incentives. Overall a great company to work for!
Thought they were out of business
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 29, 2018
Since they laid off nearly everyone when they lost Wells Fargo as a client it was evident they were going out of business. Surprised they are still open. But I see the son and daughter, grandchildren of the founder have found a new job writing fantasy reviews.

They are loosing clients faster than they are loosing staff. I was at their competitors office, a personal friend and I was amazed to see so many CCS employees in training.

Just because this company makes you an offer doesn’t mean you have to take it. There are plenty of better opportunities out there in this economy.
Pros
The ability to walk out the door and not go back
Cons
They are all cons or ex-cons there
CCS is an awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 24, 2018
To sum up the company: Zero culture and micromanaging. The pay is decent for what you do. The HR department is awful. The supervisors are nice people. Managers don’t seem to have a management style outside of micromanaging. I do not recommend working there unless you have no other options. Consider unemployment before submitting an application
Pros
Game room
Cons
Everything else
Official response from The CCS Companies
February 26, 2019

We are sorry that you didn't have a great experience with us. As a 'Best Call Center to Work For' award winner, we pride ourselves on our amazing culture, premised on the philosophy of treating every associate like a rock star.

Please note that there are numerous ways of bringing any grievances you have to our attention for immediate action, including speaking with your leader or HR Business Partner and/or sending in an anonymous complaint online via our FAIR (Fast Associate Issue Resolution) tool.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Best Call Center in the industry!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 3, 2018
The CCS Companies is truly a "Best in Class" call center, with fantastic benefits, servant culture from the top down, excellent pay structure, career growth opportunities, and world class training program. The facilities are great with employee game rooms, cafeteria's and conference rooms.
Pros
Communication, Great PTO, 401K, Health/Dental, Contests, Bonus plan
Cons
Fast paced environment
Depending on your personality and location in the company
Subrogation Unit (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 18, 2018
If you work on the collection floor and you work hard you will yield a decent paycheck. You need to have patience and the ability to stay calm because most of the people you call are not happy to hear from you. The bonus structure often makes this worth dealing with though.
If you work in the subrogation unit, you may find a different experience. Management is not friendly, supportive or helpful. They are more likely to write someone up than to take the time to properly train them. The approach is "sink or swim". There is no open door policy and managers often are unapproachable.
However, the worker bees are typically friendly and have good comradery. Most any regular worker will say hello just walking by (it's worth mentioning that management will NOT say hello as they walk by and often will turn away). Despite the poor management, the culture stays fairly positive among the non-management staff.
Pros
Fairly stable work environment, PTO regularly accrues, decent benefits
typical day
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 22, 2018
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have learned a lot and still are learning. The favoritism runs rampant at that place. You don't get raises and you don't get told your doing a good job at all.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
managers play favorites all the time
New hire
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Salem NhAugust 7, 2018
I worked for FH cann ans assoxiates as a stupider loan agent. The bosses and maneuvers were absolutely terrible there. I learned more from my cubicle buddies than the trainer
A company that micromanages their employees
QA Transactional Auditor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work would involve very manual processes, very little automation.

Management does not allow autonomy. Employees are monitored every minute of the day. They record all transactions both on phones and computers.

The hardest part of the job is surviving the negative culture.

The most enjoyable part of the job is earning time off through hours worked.
Pros
The offer much time off. They have free coffee. There is a pool table in the breakroom.
Cons
Management micromanages all employees.
Great company to work for although it may not be for everyone.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 25, 2018
I'll apologize in advance for this long post. I'll start with the cliff notes and if you want to hear more about my personal experience you can continue to read.

I'll start by saying this is a call center job, with a main focus of speaking with customers over the phone, and it may not be for everyone. You are sitting the majority of the time. Just as it is in face to face customer service jobs, you may encounter unsatisfied/angry customers. But with good customer service skills and a friendly disposition you can easily combat those calls.

This company is extremely accommodating. They offer day, mid, and night shifts. They offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance. All permanent employees accrue paid time off that can be saved and used to pay you for days off, sick days or vacation time. They have programs within the company to help mold you for other positions/promotions you are interested in applying for.

They create a fun and friendly competitive atmosphere with contests and challenges and they have a fair bonus program. There are many opportunities for growth within the company. I have been promoted twice within the last 3 years. If you have a positive mental attitude and are self-motivated to do well, you can have a very fulfilling career with this company.

When I first got hired at this company it was a temporary contract they had with another company. When that contract came to an end I was offered a position full-time in another department. I took it only to get me by, financially, because I had a negative experience with another company doing the
  more... same position. I had no intentions on staying but was planning on looking for a new job while training. It has now been 5 years since I agreed to work for them full-time. So clearly they exceeded my expectations.  less
Pros
Paid time off, bonus program, opportunity for advancement, friendly work environment, medical/dental/life insurance benefits
Cons
short breaks, no contests/competition for salaried employees
debt collections
Customer service and banking (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 20, 2018
two weeks of training to learn the ropes. trainers are always available after you finish your training to help you or talk about how to do the job better for you. Calling customers all day at their homes or jobs to pay past debts.
Great Stepping Stone Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 21, 2018
The turnover in this company is unbelievable. If an employee decides to leave this company to advance their career to another they will not give a referral.
Pros
Stable Job
Cons
Zero Career Advancements
sounding board
Subrogation Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 21, 2018
This is a job you have to get a long with your coworkers. They are there so you have a sounding board. Your managers are so busy that you need your coworkers
Fun and Engaging
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 8, 2018
While sometimes stressful, CCS is one of the more fun companies I've worked for. There are monthly performance bonuses and contests, and the people and management team are great!
Fun to work, but stressful job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 19, 2018
They try very hard to keep employees happy because the job itself is really difficult. The culture is really good and everyone is very helpful. The only thing is that the job itself is very difficult and can result in burnout. The management should keep trying to make it a less stressful place to work in.
Pros
game room, cafeteria
Cons
Short breaks
Productive Fast paced always busy company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 18, 2018
Not bad for a person with patience. People are very helpful , training is provided. Recieve monthly grading on calls for best quality. bonuses and prizes as well as games are provided during work competitons.
Dont reccomend
Debt Collector/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 17, 2018
It aint that great to be honest. They do all they can to keep you on the phones and they police the calls too excessively, the quality monitering dept is a mess
Great entry Level Company
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Good place to start first professional job. Excellent training and good support. Great ability to advance. A job where you get exactly what you put into it.
Great opportunity to learn about people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 23, 2018
Debt collection is always a changing scene when dealing with people. There are so many factors to be considered always respectfully with the ultimate goal in mind collect a debt.
Pros
Great lunchroom
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The CCS Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight