The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

Cellular Connection
Manager (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILJune 27, 2018
This was a great company to work for however, the pay and benefits were not very competitive. I would recommend this position for anyone wanting to get their foot in the door with wireless sales.
Location is everything
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 25, 2018
At the particular location I work at its very slow and hard to pull customers in.. when customers do come in the are not serious they looking and thinking and it hurts conversion rates. So when we do get a serious customer we have to take our time and work with the customer to make sure we are hitting all the promos and things we have to in order to hit all our goals due to the fact that we may not have another opportunity to sell to another customer
Pros
great company and gives back to community
Cons
location sucks
It's a job
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2018
It's retail sales, with a lot of customer service required. You will be required to add on accessories and meet minimum standards to keep your job, so you must be hungry to sell as well as have patience to help people with little to no knowledge of phones with their devices
Great Company
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, PAMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company although the manager at the time was intense in a very off putting manor. The quota is reachable, the commission structure was set nice as well.
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  ShermansdaleMay 16, 2018
Good locations great customers and a good management team. Also very fun atmosphere with a friendly customer base. Good pay if you can be agressive and.
Pros
Pay and flexable hours
Cons
Agressive and demanding
I liked working for them, a little quite and I was laid off but I liked the atmosphere
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 2, 2018
I liked the work culture. They allow you to make time for family and have a work life balance. I was laid off but management was good and I leaned a lot
Pros
Communication a
Cons
Laid off
Everything's Great If You Hit Your Numbers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2018
This is a job that gives you the ability to create your own paycheck! Online sales hurt this industry, but there's still money to be made. Learning the system can be challenging. The job is easy most times, but it can occasionally be difficult. Things like pay, managers and your location are subject to change. If you love people and technology, this is the job for you!
Pros
You're encouraged to truly be yourself
Cons
The pay rate can completely change, you can instantly be moved to another location
Mass terminations, constant pay plan changes, training on deceiving customers.
Technology Advisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 28, 2018
Very poor upper management, casting about constantly trying to find a pay plan that pays the company not the enployee. Incredible amount of turnover so customers have long wait times and poorly trained new employees.
Pros
Very good health insurance.
Cons
Micromanagement, deceptive practices, one of the worst computer scheduler I have ever dealt with, poor training, no loyalty, rapid turnover, low employee morale.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 15, 2018
I enjoyed working in that sort of customer facing sales position. The location was not so great due to people not knowing we were there. The traffic was slow but the pay was great. They shut that location down and there no where to place me in Columbia.
Pros
Great pay if we had customers
Cons
Not enough customer traffic
Terrible place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJMarch 13, 2018
Cut the pay 3 times in a year and some change. My manager was great but thats about it. Totally terrible company, pushes you to sell inferior products at ridiculous prices and guilt trips you for not recommending useless products.
I enjoyed this job
Sales (Former Employee) –  North Vernon INMarch 12, 2018
I enjoyed this job, it just didn't pay enough. I was located in North Vernon IN and the store was not a high revenue store. I did well, just not enough to support my family.
Higher up management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 11, 2018
The distract manager doesn't care about her sale reps she doesn't even communicate with the, but the store manager is amazing. I just wish higher up had more to do with their employees and that their persona of caring about their employees was actually true.
Pros
Paid time off, benefits
Cons
higher up managment
Great place to be but can be very stressful
Technology Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, INMarch 11, 2018
I loved working at TCC!m i had an amazing team. I decided to leave because i want to be closer to home and I wanted set hours and weekends off. The computer generate a schedule and last minute so you never know what you are going to work. You have to be about to learn fast and at a quick pace.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
no work/home life balance
Too many changes
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INMarch 8, 2018
They are constantly changing everything about the job details. It makes it very hard to feel solidified in the company. The pay structure changed entirely four times in the three years I was there. Also there is no real upward mobility outside of store manager. The hours are typical retail but they implemented computer scheduling and it completely disregards the employee as a person with a life and only focuses on store needs.
Stressful and uncaring.
Technology Advisor\Salesperson (Current Employee) –  VermontMarch 7, 2018
TCC as an organization has some great people, however, the management for this company is absolutely useless. Our CEO called us entitled little b*tches and we're constantly under the threat of being fired. We get monthly reminders that our job is on the line, and when I say "we", I mean "we". Between November and December 2017, TCC terminated over a thousand employees, and within the same year decreased our pay three times.
This company and industry is what you make it...I chose to make it the best job I've ever had!
Sales Market Manger/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Sales is always fun and interesting, you never know what's going to happen on a daily basis. I have enjoyed working for this company over the last few years and have had opportunities for growth and development presented before me. You will get what you put into this job, and chose to put in enough work and effort to get me where I am now!
Absent management
Tech Advisor/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2018
They promoted an absolute idiot to be my manager. It was very frustrating to have to remind him to perform basic aspects of his job. His boss was about the same.
My Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIFebruary 15, 2018
Slow pace, it all depended on what location you were in as far ads how much you made in commission. If you were in a busy store good, if not bad. I would reccomend for someone starting in sales.
Amazing coworkers and great pay
Tech Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOFebruary 2, 2018
TCC is a great company to work for. The money and benefits are wonderful. All of my coworkers are smart and very knowledgeable. I have learned so much from working in sales.
Pros
Money, benefits, learning time and money management
Hard to grow
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 23, 2018
Achieving growth is difficult, sales goals were unattainable, pretty good about pulling the rug out from beneath you. Felt unappreciated for what was achieved.