The Centech Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Long time ago
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 4, 2019
It was a long time ago so I wouldnt take my review as gospel. I know other people who are still with the company and they seem satisfied with their jobs. I wanted more and I was used more just as a billing item than someone they were interested in developing.
Great Company
Human Resources Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 16, 2019
Busy and meaningful work.
Good mentors and orientation
Good work assignments
Outstanding Teamwork
Periodic travel
Excellent office environment
Up-to-date-technology support
Pros
Very Good Work Assignments
Cons
Located in Falls Church, Va
Centech
Helpdesk Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAAugust 7, 2018
I have worked for Centech corporation in some capacity for the last two years. I have enjoyed working with this company. They have given me the opportunity to grow through various training programs.
Good working environment.
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2018
Good company to work with; room for advancement if needed; educational courses are offered to advance your skills or to help you to better understand your job description.
Pros
Good company to work with.
Unstable Policies
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 14, 2018
Different ways and policies to get Solutions. Meeting and Speaking with Clients of Varying knowledge Base and Cultures. Policies varied per Incident. Ever Changing Procedures.
Pros
Lots of knowledge to Learn about Resources
Cons
Mixed Shifts
Be prepared to be discouraged and demotivated
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 28, 2018
It is not the best environment to encourage growth cause of the CEO's ego and insecurity of when there is higher brain power and great ideas. Some immensely great people have left because of the CEO and owner's insecurity.
Pros
Your coworkers
Cons
The owner & his sons
Sense of Pride
Functional Analyst/SME (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2017
On a daily basis I get to work with personnel around the world and provide Level II support for all matters regarding Transportation Movements. I enjoy being part of a team and the support we provide to our user's ensuring they have the tools needed to get their jobs done. I have been provided the opportunities to better myself, by obtaining Security + training.
partnership with European defense company
Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 31, 2017
Mostly IT work with a division that tried to work with multiple European defense companies to sell military equipement to first responsders in the US. Spectacular failure, hired a burned out FBI agent with an ego the size of the plant and zero ability.
Good Work Place
Functional Analyst CMOS Level II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 22, 2017
Working with the Centech Group was a good opening to many doors. Very open to working with you. Good Benefits. I would recommend the company in the future.
Wouldn't recommend
Facilities Project Manager (Former Employee) –  FPOMay 3, 2017
The pay was good however, the company is ran by a family (entire corp. structure) and it is almost near impossible to be promoted within this company. Once your contract is up, so are you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible promotion potential/job security
Management wasn't the best but the team was
Laptop Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2017
It fit into the same culture as other contracting companies I had worked for, in the same building. Management wasn't the best, a lot of dishonesty, shady personalities, but my colleagues were great.
Configuration Mananagement
Configuration Manager/Tester (Current Employee) –  Fall Church Va.June 8, 2016
A typical day on my current project is very fast pace. Monthly release occur always. Testing the application, making sure documentation is update.Attending weeklly meeting, CCB board, Client meeting and PMO meeting.
Great company to work for
Program Manager, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 14, 2015
For the past two years I've worked for CENTECH and would continue to work for them if another company had not out bid CENTECH on the contract renewal. Management provides a semi weekly newsletter keeping everyone informed of company status including contract wins, events, and awards. I worked from a remote locations and my managers were always available to answer any questions I had. Benefits are better than other companies I've worked for. If you have an opportunity to work for them I'd recommend it.
decent entry level position
Junior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 18, 2015
the pay was good for entry, over compartmentalization will reduce the ability to expand on existing skill. every year there is no notice as to if you will have a job the next day or not. but that's the blight of working on a contract
Management inconsistant
BD (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2015
Talented company but management is very politically inept and much infighting. Management lacks vision and is stuck in using
irrelevant cut and paste elements in proposals that wastes much valuable space in proposals with page limits.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No bonuses...inconsistant leadership, no job security, CEO has turned over management to a tired go along to get along individual
Straight Forward Professionalism
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Straight Forward Professionalism... Is a DoD - Contract... Got nothing bad to say about it... Great place to work at.
Pros
Straight Forward Professionalism
Lots of travelling and long hours.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 7, 2014
Program Management very demanding and micro manage every detail. Co-workers were fun to work with and helpful. Supporting USAF medical treatment facilities. Based in San Antonio, TX
This is a great company.
Senior Technical Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 27, 2014
Work began at 6:30am ended at 2:30pm. Really liked those hours because you still have part of the day to run errands if you need to.
I learned a lot from my managers and supervisors about filing, data entry, the Federal Record center where we sent old files and much more. My co-workers were great, we got along very well. I enjoyed the work as well as learning new applications and different jobs during my time there.
Pros
They were always willing to teach you new things or send you to school if you wanted, needed to for your job.
Outstanding place to work
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHApril 30, 2014
Enjoyable place to work
Great team work atmosphere
Management kept everyone informed
Understanding everyone's knowledge/position
Felt like family
very proffesional
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 7, 2014
A different environment than I used to deal with, very professional place with high expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Centech Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.