The Center for American Education & Culture

The Center for American Education & Culture Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
An excellent culture with fun people and good eateries
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  The City of IndustrySeptember 20, 2017
A relaxed environment with a tight-knit, friendly staff. The education industry is new and exciting, and I learn new ideas and ways to thrive each day. The job is challenging and quick-paced--definitely keeps me on my toes, but I feel accomplished at the day's end. The management is flexible, transparent, and always willing to recommend the best places to eat in the area (and there are some excellent grub joints!) Although the most difficult part of the job is learning the ropes of education management, it is satisfying nonetheless, and the staff really makes the day fly by fast. Overall, CAEC is an excellent place to work!
Pros
Plenty of restaurants, endless tea and coffee in the break room, awesome lunch breaks with co-workers, flexible work hours, hands-on experience, and limited supervision.
Cons
None comes to mind!
Good place to work with a supportive team
HR Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CASeptember 20, 2017
The CAEC office in LA is a fast-paced working environment. Tasks are expected to be completed in a timely matter and often times that means immediately. While it can be stressful at times due to the nature of working with an international business, the team at CAEC has been very helpful and supportive along the way. The environment and culture is generally professional, friendly, and productive.

Each day typically consist of checking and replying to emails, interviewing candidates, checking and updating job postings, following up with potential hires, team meetings, etc.

Most enjoyable part of the job would be helping individuals find and secure a position. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with any issues that arise outside normal business hours.
Pros
Supportive team, location near many good food places, many different tasks that provide a variety of experiences
Cons
Email system is slow, office can be loud at times, internet is sometimes hit or miss
Hard work with a nice balance
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CASeptember 20, 2017
Working here has proved challenging (in a healthy sense) and the work-life balance is incredible. While my colleagues and I have our daily tasks and routines, the office culture is light-hearted and supportive. It never feels like a pain coming to work!
Pros
Positive office culture, supportive management, helpful colleagues, engaging work
Cons
Sometimes difficult to secure meetings or responses from prospective clientele.
Productive and fun experience
English Teacher (ESL) (Former Employee) –  ChinaSeptember 20, 2017
10/10 would do it again
Getting the chance to go to another country and teach English is something I've always wanted
A good opportunity to make friends, network, and enjoy your time abroad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Center for American Education & Culture. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6