Play YouTube video button
The Center for Children and Families

The Center for Children and Families Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Center for Children and Families selected this as a representative review
Best place to work for in Louisiana as a counselor
The Center is probably the best agency to work for in the state of Louisiana. I've haven't worked for many, but it's rare to find a place that not only cares about their employees/contractors/interns, but pays everyone well. I always feel like I have support from everyone and that if I have something going on they will say "what do you need from us?" The Center has fun events going for the people that work for the agency and they try to include everyone (not just salary employees). We aren't like workers who are never in the office and just see our families. Everyone at the agency tries to be involved in any event (99% of the time), because we care about our relationships with each other. There are also multiple events throughout the year that helps provide services to the families so that we can give back (school supplies, Christmas gifts, etc.)

It's fairly easy to manage work/personal life, the only downside is getting home late if you have to mostly prioritize seeing families after school because you are working in an evidenced based program. I also don't personally like not having sick/personal leave but of you work consistent hours you can save up quite a bit to make up for that.
Pros
Really good pay (makes up for no benefits), supportive staff/environment, fun events going on all of the time, trainings provided, good core values that company actually tries to uphold
Cons
Training could be more extensive in beginning, no benefits due to contractor status, late hours if you are on an evidenced-based team due to children in school
Flexible schedule
Great place to work with a family atmosphere. Provides opportunities for training and travel. Employees are supportive and encouraging. Nice atmosphere.
Wonderful
I started as an intern at The Center in January and was moved to part time once I graduated in May. I will be moving to full time this month and I couldn’t be more excited. My time at The Center has been nothing short of amazing. The day I walked in as a new intern I was terrified, but I very quickly felt at home and a part of a wonderful family. I fit in so perfectly with the team I was placed on and I couldn’t ask for better coworkers to be with every day! The Center truly is a company that strives to serve the community in every way we can.
Just a great place to work
I work in the Monroe location in the Med Man office. I love working at the center. The Center invest in you as a person not just some one here to do a job. The Center is all about building you up and make you the best version of yourself you can be. I have never found that in a work place before. I love coming to work and being a part of my team here at The Center. I feel valued and loved here. The team on am on we are not just coworkers we are family! We all work so well together. I am so lucky yo have found a place here at The Center and I am excited to see where my career here will take me.
Supportive place to work where people are more than just coworkers.
This agency does the work they say they are going to do. While providing excellent services in the community, coworkers and managers care about you as an individual. They support the dreams you wish to pursue, and are there for professional and personal development of you as a person, mother, father, spouse, etc.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Life Changing while Making a Living
Having worked at The Center for over a decade, I can truly say that this job is not only allowing me to make a living, but truly make a difference.
I have seen how the work our agency does in the areas we serve truly makes an impact on families and communities. If you are looking to do work that is meaningful, helps people, and make the world a better place, then look no further.

Not only do I see our agency bettering the lives of its clients, I can honestly say that my life has been enriched by working here. I am better man, husband, father, and leader because of the experiences, influences and opportunities I have had at The Center. There are multiple opportunities for self-discover and mastery. The company is intentional about encouraging its people to grow as professionals and personally.

This has been a informational experience for me and many other people I know who have worked here.

The culture is life-giving and the work meaningful. The management believe and practice "Servant-Leadership" and genuinely care about their people. The environment is caring, supportive and deeply personal. People know my family, care about my kids, and express genuine interest in me as a person. My relationship with my colleagues is supportive and collaborative. People operate as a team and want the best for one another. Overall the gossip, back-biting, and cut-throat nature of other toxic work environments does not exist here and is not tolerated.

In the midst of this safe and caring environment, we strive for Excellent work and have been recognized by numerous national
 - more...
Pros
Cooperate Culture
Amazing
I absolutely love this company. It is filled with the most passionate and caring people who focus on the lives of their employees. They are family focused and treat the families and clients we see with the utmost respect and care. I was blown away by the passion this company has and have really fallen in love with the company and its mission since starting here.
People over product
I am incredibly grateful that I was able to get my foot in the door at this company. We prioritize people over the actual work product, and because we do that, our clients and collaterals are incredibly impressed with what we do and how we do it. We always look to empower the very best in people and to make this a life-giving workplace.
Productive fun environment
CFCF is a great place to work. The company has cores and values that are represent and respected. CFC is a family oriented company that wants the best for you and will continue to motivated you to reach your full potential.
Lack of communication, integrity, and accountability
This company has several positive elements for employees such as paid time off, understanding for sickness/illness, family emergencies, and deaths in the family. There are also several issues regarding this agency, which contributed to me leaving the agency. Several in authority abused their power. There is a group of people that are very close and are unconditionally loyal to each other regardless of truth and wrongdoings. I would describe this group as manipulative, cold, unemotional, and uncaring. I was often ignored and avoided so that when I failed, it was entirely my fault. There was no accountability, no communication, and no reliability. I felt as I was useless, helpless, and worthless. My self-esteem was at an all time low, causing me to be more compliant and have no confidence in myself or my abilities. Likewise, I would not stand up for myself and became overly critical of everything that I did or anybody else did. I tried to talk to several people at the center and was always told that I needed to work on myself. I tried to set boundaries and give examples of negative behaviors, but it did not matter. My experience at the center is one of the worst experiences of my life at a work place. There was not discussing problems or issues. It was always my fault. There was no compromise or seeking to find answers to problems. It was always my fault. I was constantly talked about by different groups of higher leadership, which is completely against the core values of this agency. I was blackballed and not given any chances for change, grace, or growth. Once you make a mistake - more...
A Home away from Home
Working at the Center for Children and Families has been the best 8 years, in my professional and personal life. We live life together, at the Center and management, as well as co-workers show care and concern for everyone, in the workplace. The culture is one of friendships, caring, and serving others.
Great pay but poor leadership
Great place to work financially
Leadership abused authority and showed favoritism to friends

Learned to work with different programs

Hardest part of the job was working under those that abused their authority

Most enjoyable part was seeing a difference in the families I was assigned to
poor leadership
Very inconsistent and poor management/leadership. Advancement was only offered to very few,and the salary position was actually a huge pay cut from the contract positions. None of the offices across the state are ever on the same page, and it is very difficult to get a straight answer from anyone in a leadership role.
Pros
Making own hours
Cons
management, salary
Experience varies depending on position.
Lots of positives. Coworkers have your back and the environment is very supportive. Long hours can be challenging. Compensation and benefits not always equal. Major decisions are slow and seems to be a lot of turn over.
Pros
Great people. Interesting families.
Fun Environment
I love working here. I have been here for four years in various positions. I loved working as a contractor. Having the freedom to make my own schedule and the freedom to make as much as I wanted to.
I love the Center
I really thought my last job was great but they are in no comparison to the Center. The actually care about their employees. Love that I made change
Pros
Actually care about the employee, contractors
Is This For Real?
As I settled into my first day on the job, I quickly realized that this would be no ordinary workplace. This is an organization that is doing meaningful and life-changing work in the community, but more importantly, one that is committed to investing in the people that make its mission possible.

The Center is very intentional about pouring into its employees and contractors through personal development opportunities in the form of Huddles and team supervision, as well as more light-hearted activities like Four-Square or a game of Ping-Pong to blow off steam. They have learned that these shared experiences and opportunities to be vulnerable set the stage for developing close-knit relationships with the people working together day in and day out. The product of this philosophy is connections and friendships that will last a lifetime, and a deep sense of joy that can be difficult to find in a career.

One of my favorite things about the Center is the emphasis on the importance of family. Inevitably, times will come that require us to be away from the office. Maybe a child is sick or your husband needs to be picked up from the airport. In my previous experience, these unexpected circumstances would lead to abundant levels of stress. How would I juggle everything without receiving backlash? At the Center, flexible scheduling is a huge benefit. It gives each person the ability to be successful in all areas of life, not just job productivity to the detriment of one's family.

Lastly, what stands out to me about the Center, and sets it apart from most workplaces, is the implementation
 - more...
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Fun Activities, Family-Friendly Workplace, Personal Growth Opportunities
Cons
Needs a larger office so all departments can be in one building again. We miss each other!
Number one reason for working at CFCF
The cohesiveness and support i have felt at CFCF has been transformative. CFCF offers great benefits with ample time off and flexible schedules. The work can be stressful at times due to the nature of the job and the family situations in which we serve; however, their is always ample support from co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, Cohesion at workplace, Core Values of Organization that govern policy
Cons
Small decrease in pay from my last job
Life giving culture!
The Center for Children and Families creates a safe place to work and grow as a person and professional. This agency is constantly looking to improve their services and the way they pour into their staff. This is a place to come do what you love doing and work alongside people you love as well!
Pros
Freedom to play and do life with each other. Celebration weeks and Holiday activities.
Relaxed workplace focused on helping families of the community
The Center is a unique place to work. Focus is on the well being of our clients and the employees of the company. Core Values are like no other company I have worked for before. You are accepted for who you are by everyone. This workplace is family friendly and Faith based.
Pros
Great perks and benefits; laid back & flexible work schedule
Amazing place to work!
This is one of the most amazing places to work. Everyone is so kind and caring but also fun. There is always a lot of laughter at Thr Center which is so good because our field is so challenging.
Pros
Great atmosphere, team oriented, good salary
Cons
As a contractor, I receive no benefits.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Center for Children and Families. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5