THE CENTER FOR HUMAN SERVICES

THE CENTER FOR HUMAN SERVICES Employee Reviews

United States57 reviews
Emotionally rewarding, but not great financially
If you ever wanted to feel humbled and loved in ways you never thought possible - this job is the answer.
Sadly, the pay and benefits just aren't there, and the turnover rates in this industry (not just this place) are incredulous.
Very family friendly
A great nonprofit with family values. A place for professional growth. I loved working there, I will always be grateful for the opportunity given to me.
Friendly and Flexible Work Environment
Company is very inclusive and friendly with great benefits. Company offers 403b and up to 3% matching. Vacation and Sick leave accumulate relatively fast. 10 holiday paid off, 1 personal day and 1 Executive Director's Discretionary Holiday.
Great culture to work in.
As a member of the Leadership team, CHS has given me opportunities for growth and advancement. It is a great non profit to work with. Especially the SUD Department.
Work place that cares about your mental health and will do anything to help you succeed and grow.
I have loved working here ever since I started back in 2015. It feels like home. They truly care about your mental health and want to do anything they can to help you succeed and grow, even if planning on working this position in order to grow in to others or find something else.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Love This Organization!
I love working for CHS! They really care about their employees & also our families. They make it a point to know each of us individually & do all that they can to insure a supportive work environment. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Perfect hours. Good benefits. Great management!
Cons
Cost to add children on to our medical is way too high.
Productive challenging and place
This company gives you a sense of accomplishment and makes you feel like you want to go into work the next day. I love working here and if i could i would keep this as a career for a lifetime.
Pros
sense of accomplishments.
Cons
does not pay crazy amounts. Its a non for profit.
Supportive, compassionate, and positive work environment
The employees at CHS really uphold the core values of the company across the board. This made interactions with anyone at the office or in meetings always pleasant and reminded me how thankful I was for my job. The Student Assistance Specialist position is a great entry-level position for anyone interested in pursuing social work or counseling. It was difficult at times working with certain teachers or parents because they expect you to be able to do a lot more than the scope of this job allows. The curriculum of activities you are given is limited, kind of outdated, and not really applicable to a lot of the students you'll work with, but that also allowed room for creativity in coming up with things to do with them. This position is lonely, especially if you have coworkers who are friends. You only get to see each other briefly at meetings, and the amount of different company or program meetings to attend every month felt excessive at times. Overall, this is a great company to work for. Their positive and supportive culture is a delight, and you can tell everyone shares a common goal of helping others.
They don't follow through
I was promised a raise when I was hired at the one-year mark. I brought up this issue to the executive director multiple times and still never received the raise which is why I left the employer.
Center for Human Services is a necessary service to have in Callaway County.
I love working with my consumers it's the duties and inconsistency that is part of the problem along with procedures and constantly changing formats of paperwork.
The mission statement is to help people with DD live a life without limitations. Sometimes it feels like the powers that be are more concerned about their funding sources than what is truly best for the client. From a career standpoint, I like my boss, the benefits are fantastic(just don't cover anyone besides yourself on the med insurance) they have flex time, and lots of paid holidays. They prefer to promote from within so lots of chances to move on up!
No Staff Support, poor supervision
Inadequate training, poor staff support, no team environment, high level stress, overworked, no supervision, unable to service clientele with case load
Pros
LGBT friendly
Cons
No one cares
Chs
Excellent place to work. Very supportive staff and supervisors. They offer excellent training and supervision. They value their employees and make sure that you are recognized for good work.
n/a
great place to be employed. friendly work environment. awesome atmosphere. challenging and positive workplace environment. i highly recommend chs. overall very productive.
Opportunities for growth and to help others grow
I was Service Coordinator for caseload of avg. 36-40 individuals with developmental disabilities providing person centered planning and individualized personal support plans through a collaborative effort of team members, service providers, and families.
Pros
Wonderful Relationships
Cons
Constant documentation redundancies
Was good in the begining
Life was good working at CHS but then management changed and things went to pot. Many people lost their jobs or were forced to quit. Three different facilities were closed and all those people lost their jobs. For a place that hires the disabled and lived every day for the ability to have a job and then lose it. Such a shame
Pros
was good place at one time
Cons
Poor management
Wonderful Place to Work
Great staff to work with and working to help others. The company provides services for individuals with a variety of disabilities to help them lead full lives in the community.
Caring, qualified and effective counselors work at this agency. I was proud to say that this agency was part of my career path to becoming a compassionate counselor. The staff is always willing to help and they really do care about their clients. I would definitely recommend this agency for clients and professionals.
Peedjudice
I do not agree with the way they hire I feel they screen the people they hire for certain jobs . and I won't apply there again and as far as giving them a rating they don't deserve one . This is a very Prejudice company. Even if you have the qualifications you are overlooked.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Protective and very busy job
I work with 14 and amazing clients.Protective and very busy job.I have worked there since 1999 at the same position really call in and use sick days. Enjoy helping the clients new to learn things and being involved in the community
Caring culture with opportunity for personal and professional growth
Great place to work for a decent college graduate or an individual looking to get clinical hours for graduate school. It serves as a stepping stone for most people and it gives them the experience needed to continue on in the field of human service work.
Pros
Great building block to a career.
Cons
The pay, depending on the job you’re in.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE CENTER FOR HUMAN SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight