THE CENTER FOR HUMAN SERVICES Employee Reviews in Sedalia, MO

Opportunities for growth and to help others grow
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 8, 2019
I was Service Coordinator for caseload of avg. 36-40 individuals with developmental disabilities providing person centered planning and individualized personal support plans through a collaborative effort of team members, service providers, and families.
Pros
Wonderful Relationships
Cons
Constant documentation redundancies
Was good in the begining
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 17, 2019
Life was good working at CHS but then management changed and things went to pot. Many people lost their jobs or were forced to quit. Three different facilities were closed and all those people lost their jobs. For a place that hires the disabled and lived every day for the ability to have a job and then lose it. Such a shame
Pros
was good place at one time
Cons
Poor management
Wonderful Place to Work
Current RN Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 9, 2019
Great staff to work with and working to help others. The company provides services for individuals with a variety of disabilities to help them lead full lives in the community.
Peedjudice
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 25, 2019
I do not agree with the way they hire I feel they screen the people they hire for certain jobs . and I won't apply there again and as far as giving them a rating they don't deserve one . This is a very Prejudice company. Even if you have the qualifications you are overlooked.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Watch your back
DSP (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOSeptember 14, 2018
There are great people at this company doing great things for people who desperately need them. However it is near impossible to stay long term if you are forward thinking and passionate. They clip the wings of the people who work there. They care more about the bottom dollar than employee or clients. It constantly felt like i was looking over my shoulder to make sure i didn't get in trouble or lose my job. I worked for a year before the stress took its toll and i had to leave. It by far was the most stressful time of my life. They threaten to let you go if you talk about anything that makes them look poorly. And talking about pay is a huge no-no. From what I gathered is that it varied greatly on if they liked your or not and degrees, which seemed fair to a point, but if they didn't like you personally you were screwed. Be prepared to make between 8-12 an hour and the 12 only if you have a degree,
Pros
Overtime optional
Cons
No breaks, stressful, poor management, constant fear about job security
Good job but poor managment
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 24, 2018
No work / life balance. No set schedule. 50+ year old co. and it felt like a bad start up with people's rolls changing constantly SOP's constantly changing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No life outside of work
Proud to Work at the Center for Human Services because of our Mission Statement
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 24, 2018
I was very proud to work for the Center for Human Services. Would go back immediately if they had an opening in Accounting or Payroll. Management was very helpful and had an open door policy. The best job I ever had.
Pros
Pay, Time Off, Management Involvement, Pension, Insurance
Fun place to work
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 18, 2018
I worked in the full care house. The clients there needed the most care physically with some being nonambulatory. Each shift started busy and stayed busy til time to clock out. Coworkers were supportive of each other. It was an enjoyable place to work.
Wondeful workplace. Friendly staff
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 8, 2017
Working for CHS is one of the best decisions I have made. The staff is great and you get pretty good benefits. I really feel like the center lives out their moto: Life without limitations.
Pros
Good benefits, paid time off
Great team
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 19, 2017
I worked in HR for one and a half years and have enjoyed the team I worked with. There are challenging times just like every job. They pay for you to go to training in Columbia, Kansas City or Jeff City. Great place to work for!
The Center for Human Services provides supports for persons with developmental disabilities
Developmental Disability Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 7, 2017
In my opionion, the Center for Human Services should focus more on empowering qualified and experienced staff and supervisors to provide excellent services to the persons served.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very rigid on policy and procedure
Horrible
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 15, 2016
New management.. doesn't respect employees, will work you to death. No time for family. No appreciation. Horrible pay.
Pros
Love the clients
Cons
Everything else
Rewarding and fun place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 28, 2015
Pros - You can see as you help make a difference in the lives of others. Very friendly and open managers.

Cons - Salary and benefits are below average, even for a NFP.
balanced
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 4, 2015
good job, just layoff
great environment, loved to see clients everyday
dusty place, needs better filtering system
loved the 3 ladies I worked with
Very productive and busy, yet fun workplace
Floater Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 11, 2014
A typical day at work always made me feel important and what I did was very exciting to me. I learned how to be interact with staff and customers and how to be a more responsible worker. The management here was always nice to me and always willing to work out any issues that could've come up. My co-workers were always very nice to me and were always there to help me out whenever I needed help with something I didn't quite understand. The hardest part of this job was keeping up the kids that I worked with, but I eventually got used to it. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to see happy smiling customers every single day.
Best Job Ever
Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 11, 2013
I loved everything about this job except the lack of hours avaible. The clients were awesome and the workload was enjoyable and the supervisor was great too.
Pros
fun work day
Cons
lack of hours
Can be very rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 19, 2013
I enjoy what I do because I work with some amazing people who can show you a lot about life. The company can be hard to work for due to a high turn over rate and poor management. Working in housing, there is plenty of overtime available if you want it.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
poor management
This is a very outgoing environment wtih daily learning opportunities.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 12, 2013
On a typical day at work I work directly with my clients providing them with the care that they need. I assist them with their goals and objectives and provide them with any supports that may be needed. In my room at work, we do a lot of craft projects and I work directly with the individuals to assist them with making the items needed. I don't get a lot of contact with management as we are in a separate building. When the manager over this operation is here, it is always very pleasant. My co-workers are great. We have a very diverse team and lots of differnt personalities that make it great and we support each other. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is not being able to get everything done on time due to lack of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to help the individuals that I serve and watching them learn new things and getting to be a part of those experiences.
Pros
wonderful hours
Cons
short breaks
Adults with Disabilities
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sedalia MOMay 1, 2012
I worked PRN as a program assistant. I would go into a group home with a few adults with disabilities and I would assist them with their daily functions and help clean their home. It wasn't really my niche.
good environment to work in
Vocational Training supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 22, 2012
i loved workings with my coworkers and the people with disabilities that i worked with. I watched them learn and grow and strive to become independent as much as possible. The hours were great for anyone with home and family life and They offered fairly decent benefits. Overall it was a rewarding place to work.
Pros
medical benefits, great hours
Cons
pay