THE CENTER FOR HUMAN SERVICES

THE CENTER FOR HUMAN SERVICES Culture reviews

United States60 reviews
The employees at CHS really uphold the core values of the company across the board. This made interactions with anyone at the office or in meetings always pleasant and reminded me how thankful I was for my job. The Student Assistance Specialist position is a great entry-level position for anyone interested in pursuing social work or counseling. It was difficult at times working with certain teachers or parents because they expect you to be able to do a lot more than the scope of this job allows. The curriculum of activities you are given is limited, kind of outdated, and not really applicable to a lot of the students you'll work with, but that also allowed room for creativity in coming up with things to do with them. This position is lonely, especially if you have coworkers who are friends. You only get to see each other briefly at meetings, and the amount of different company or program meetings to attend every month felt excessive at times. Overall, this is a great company to work for. Their positive and supportive culture is a delight, and you can tell everyone shares a common goal of helping others.
A great nonprofit with family values. A place for professional growth. I loved working there, I will always be grateful for the opportunity given to me.
Excellent place to work. Very supportive staff and supervisors. They offer excellent training and supervision. They value their employees and make sure that you are recognized for good work.
Loved working there.
Great people and always treated with respect and fair
Clients were really kind

...
Pros
N/a
Cons
All was great
it was a great place to work at everyone was friendly and helpful. people were very pleasant and the clients were great to work with watching them learn and listen
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
There is no culture like the one you find at CHS. They do a lot to ensure that everyone is connected and feels supported. Everyone loves working there and many return after they leave. The only downside is the pay is not great and they understand that. Many supervisors will admit that unless you are married or living at home with minimal financial obligations, it is very hard to survive working at CHS based on their pay scale. At the very least, it is a great stepping stone. All of that being said, you would be very lucky to find yourself being a part of the CHS family in any department.
Pros
Flexible, loving, understanding, fun, and rewarding.
Cons
pay scale.
A typical day at work feels like another home for me. The staff are more like family than a staff. Its team work environment. Staff there are there to serve our community.
good job, just layoff
great environment, loved to see clients everyday

dusty place, needs better filtering system
loved the 3 ladies I worked with
A typical day at work always made me feel important and what I did was very exciting to me. I learned how to be interact with staff and customers and how to be a more responsible worker. The management here was always nice to me and always willing to work out any issues that could've come up. My co-workers were always very nice to me and were always there to help me out whenever I needed help with something I didn't quite understand. The hardest part of this job was keeping up the kids that I worked with, but I eventually got used to it. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to see happy smiling customers every single day.
I loved everything about this job except the lack of hours avaible. The clients were awesome and the workload was enjoyable and the supervisor was great too.
Pros
fun work day
Cons
lack of hours
On a typical day at work I work directly with my clients providing them with the care that they need. I assist them with their goals and objectives and provide them with any supports that may be needed. In my room at work, we do a lot of craft projects and I work directly with the individuals to assist them with making the items needed. I don't get a lot of contact with management as we are in a separate building. When the manager over this operation is here, it is always very pleasant. My co-workers are great. We have a very diverse team and lots of differnt personalities that make it great and we support each other. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is not being able to get everything done on time due to lack of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to help the individuals that I serve and watching them learn new things and getting to be a part of those experiences.
Pros
wonderful hours
Cons
short breaks
This is a great place to gain experience and usually family friendly. Small work space and low pay.
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay