The Centers for Families and Children Employee Reviews

poor
Manager of Support Services - Behavior Health (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2018
New Management brought new changes. Some good and some bad.
The workplace culture changed. Our benefits stayed the same even though the company had financial difficulties. The day to day staff working with clients are wonderful. Clients are wonderful..I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
job/worklife balance good
Cons
The Centers for Families and Children was not interested in the clients wellness.
Health and Wellness Counselor AOD (Former Employee) –  4500 Euclid ave Cleveland OH 44106September 12, 2018
I felt that the supervisors were not at all caring for the employees. The centers for Families and children was not at all what i had expected it to be. I say that because of the way the AOD program was ran. The centers for Families and Children seemed to focus on numbers rather than the quality of services. A typical day at work for me was doing assessments, facilitating groups and individual session with clients on my case load. I learned how to perform Psycho-social assessments. The hardest part of the job was learning the electronic record keeping software. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the clients and watching them during the groups.
Pros
Getting to travel around to the different sites, not being stationary.
Cons
Supervisor did not show empathy, nor interest in employee's well being.
Horrible place to work
TBS Coach (Current Employee) –  5955 ridge rd prama ohiSeptember 4, 2018
The pay is decent but the work environment is full microaggression and racial undertone. Management doesn't care about your well being just wants productivity.
Pros
wage
Cons
microaggression
Stressful at times depending on the day and client
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2018
The Centers is a great place for me to be. I think it's all in how one individually looks at things. Do not take the negative reviews for what they are or the positive. You have to just work and form your own experiences in anything you do. My supervisor has been very helpful and the work I have done has had rewarding payoff. Some say management pushes numbers, and yes they do but they have for years. Overall I really like my job and have not had issues. I am not a fan of the office gossip which have lead to lower work morale and often finding rumors about people that are not the least bit true. My only other complaint would be I hear a lot of licensed staff don't get great raises. Personally for me I don't do my job for the most amount of money I can get. I live very comfortably and can make it myself. Eventually I do want to further my education, but not before providing quality service to my clients.
Pros
Free lunches, and union company
Cons
Low pay for licensed staff
Avoid if you can
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2018
The Centers was an amazing place to work. Then they merged with Circle health and became "community healthcare" and are more concerned with money than people. They have taken a non-profit organization and are trying to get it to turn profit. While every biz should make money, mental healthcare should be more about quality and not quantity otherwise, why are you doing it? They have fired hard workers for coming in under productivity, even if they were still in their trial employment. There is only a 60 cent raise when you get your license from school but there is twice the work and caseload. If you can avoid this place, do! It is places like this that give mental health treatment a bad name and keep people from coming in and getting help they need.
Cons
number driven, low pay, high mileage, no advancement
Poor management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2018
Management was not professional. Environment was stressful. The concept of the clinic was to help with low income/mental health patients, but it seemed as though upper heads cared more about the profit than the patients health.
Stressful and poor management
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
This job required long hours, had poor supervisors, and few people cared about the clients. The pay was not competitive with other agencies that are similar. I would not recommend.
What you'd expect out of a Non-Profit
HEALTH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2018
The mission is great and the company follows it pretty well. The work is meaningful but the compensation is way below average. Overall good job right out of college to gain experience, then transition to a better paying job.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low Pay
Effective and productive place to be employed
Registrar /Clerical III (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2018
Overall it is a great place to work. Management for each team or each group is on top of everything. There are trainings and workshops conducted throughout the year which enhances are job skills, our privacy, and our protection. This is a mental health agency and we provide many services to those in the community and need of help.
Pros
Union oriented, health benefits, decent wages.
Cons
Due to the nature of employment there it can be stressful and is a fast-paced environment.
This has been a great opportunity
CASE MANAGER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2018
I had a great experience. Very nice and informative co-workers. I all managers have an open door policy. The clients are receptive for the help. I am grateful for the opportunity.
Excellent Co-workers, Poor Pay
Counselor & Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent Co-workers - Great people who truly want to help their clients and are always willing to help each other out.
Compensation is not even close to competitive for the field. But you do have a large number of vacation/sick days
Pros
Often have free lunches brought in by Drug reps
Cons
low pay
work place
n/a (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Ok place to work not sure what this has to do with me applying for another job but have nothing bad to say about the place would like to continue what i am doing
Impactful company making a difference in many lives
Director of Facilities, Security & Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2018
The Centers has a visionary leader and many talented members on staff. They are making a meaningful difference in many lives in Cleveland. From workforce development to highly successful youth learning and development programs, to helping build the fabric of society. They also have a strong presence in helping those that are disaffected by the current system, and they truly embrace early, systematic, and lifelong learning.
Great, friendly atmosphere
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 20, 2017
There are many friendly people who work at The Centers. I really do enjoy the people.

The hours are flexible and they are very understanding when it comes to family.

We are like a close knit family and have cookouts and luncheons.

It is a great place to work.
Pros
Flextime is a great benefit!
Good work place experience for recent college graduate.
Case Management/Behavior Health Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2017
*A typical work day involves documentation from pervious work day to enable productivity.
*Learned skills entail developing a greater understanding of the mental health population and how to address the needs.
*The work place culture was diverse and relaxed as it pertains
to interaction with co-workers.
*The hardest part of the job was to maintain weekly productivity.
*Most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Pros
Employees have good working relationship.
Cons
Financial compensation is poor.
Non productive
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHAugust 25, 2017
Unfair treatment and work responsibilities people were unprofessional. Employees were not trained properly to implement their strageties for early learning.
Pros
401 plan, insurance policy, fair wages across the board according to education
Cons
6 month probation
Early Learning Center
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Hts, OHJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for them they are very family oriented and really care for their employees. I would work for them again if for some reason I left the company.
Enjoyable
CPST Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2017
Enjoyable, but can be stressful at times like any social service job. Learned organization and time management skills. Supervisors are very helpful. Absolutely love my coworkers!
Best job ever
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 3, 2017
I am so happy that God worked they way He did when I was blessed with an opportunity to begin working here. I absolutely love waking up and going to work unlike my other job.
Cons
Good experience for entry level only for CPST
Adult Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2017
This is a great job for experience coming out of school only. After about a year or 2 you will understand the dynamics of the place & leave for better. Compensation is very low for what we do. There is no real leadership. Case loads are large & fluctuate often. Procedures change almost weekly. Terrible "raises". Staff is treated as if they are disposable. Employees from every dept come & go very often.
Pros
You get mileage for travel & create your own schedule & flexibility of work day
Cons
Terrible benefits, no leadership, high retention rate, low compensation, high caseloads, no solid structure within daily practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Centers for Families and Children. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight