The Centers for Families and Children Employee Reviews

Stressful and poor management
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
This job required long hours, had poor supervisors, and few people cared about the clients. The pay was not competitive with other agencies that are similar. I would not recommend.
Effective and productive place to be employed
Registrar /Clerical III (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2018
Overall it is a great place to work. Management for each team or each group is on top of everything. There are trainings and workshops conducted throughout the year which enhances are job skills, our privacy, and our protection. This is a mental health agency and we provide many services to those in the community and need of help.
Pros
Union oriented, health benefits, decent wages.
Cons
Due to the nature of employment there it can be stressful and is a fast-paced environment.
This has been a great opportunity
CASE MANAGER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2018
I had a great experience. Very nice and informative co-workers. I all managers have an open door policy. The clients are receptive for the help. I am grateful for the opportunity.
Excellent Co-workers, Poor Pay
Counselor & Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent Co-workers - Great people who truly want to help their clients and are always willing to help each other out.
Compensation is not even close to competitive for the field. But you do have a large number of vacation/sick days
Pros
Often have free lunches brought in by Drug reps
Cons
low pay
work place
n/a (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Ok place to work not sure what this has to do with me applying for another job but have nothing bad to say about the place would like to continue what i am doing
Impactful company making a difference in many lives
Director of Facilities, Security & Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2018
The Centers has a visionary leader and many talented members on staff. They are making a meaningful difference in many lives in Cleveland. From workforce development to highly successful youth learning and development programs, to helping build the fabric of society. They also have a strong presence in helping those that are disaffected by the current system, and they truly embrace early, systematic, and lifelong learning.
Great, friendly atmosphere
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 20, 2017
There are many friendly people who work at The Centers. I really do enjoy the people.

The hours are flexible and they are very understanding when it comes to family.

We are like a close knit family and have cookouts and luncheons.

It is a great place to work.
Pros
Flextime is a great benefit!
Good work place experience for recent college graduate.
Case Management/Behavior Health Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2017
*A typical work day involves documentation from pervious work day to enable productivity.
*Learned skills entail developing a greater understanding of the mental health population and how to address the needs.
*The work place culture was diverse and relaxed as it pertains
to interaction with co-workers.
*The hardest part of the job was to maintain weekly productivity.
*Most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Pros
Employees have good working relationship.
Cons
Financial compensation is poor.
Non productive
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHAugust 25, 2017
Unfair treatment and work responsibilities people were unprofessional. Employees were not trained properly to implement their strageties for early learning.
Pros
401 plan, insurance policy, fair wages across the board according to education
Cons
6 month probation
Early Learning Center
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Hts, OHJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for them they are very family oriented and really care for their employees. I would work for them again if for some reason I left the company.
Enjoyable
CPST Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2017
Enjoyable, but can be stressful at times like any social service job. Learned organization and time management skills. Supervisors are very helpful. Absolutely love my coworkers!
Best job ever
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 3, 2017
I am so happy that God worked they way He did when I was blessed with an opportunity to begin working here. I absolutely love waking up and going to work unlike my other job.
Cons
Good experience for entry level only for CPST
Adult Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2017
This is a great job for experience coming out of school only. After about a year or 2 you will understand the dynamics of the place & leave for better. Compensation is very low for what we do. There is no real leadership. Case loads are large & fluctuate often. Procedures change almost weekly. Terrible "raises". Staff is treated as if they are disposable. Employees from every dept come & go very often.
Pros
You get mileage for travel & create your own schedule & flexibility of work day
Cons
Terrible benefits, no leadership, high retention rate, low compensation, high caseloads, no solid structure within daily practices
Terrible, Terrible! Do NOT work here!
Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
The managers are very unprofessional, work on nepotism and favortism, discriminate, and there is no room for advancement.

You will work in a highly stressful, disorganized environment; given work on short notice without support from management. The managers do NOT care about employees except those in the clique.

Not recommended.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Terrible management
The focus should always be those we serve
Health (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2017
The community outreach and the people I work with are the reasons I have stayed with The Centers. Management is out of touch with the real issues most employees are dealing with. Lack of communication is a major problem, and has been for years.
This Organization is a Joke
Teacher 1 (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHMay 12, 2017
I haven't been here long and I notice that this place is only after the money. Management makes your life so stressful to the point where you want to go home and find a new job. The curriculum is also a joke. When did children start making decisions for their daily routine. We are supposed to get them ready for the real world not a fairy tale imagination land. The rules are also made up and you won't know about it until the manager points it out. Instead of the manager coming to me with information, I am given the message from another staff member. I don't know what the office life is like but don't go for the daycare service because you will not be happy. The managers make you do most of the work then complains about having so much work to do. Don't think about or make plans because we do not get many holiday breaks and if you are a new employee you can't use any benefits until after 6 months.
Pros
You get of work on time.
Cons
horrible management, unclear rules, lack of communication
Not a good place due to stereotyping
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 31, 2017
They fire individuals for no apparent reason or warning . High work load and stress due to the lack of support from management and support is wonderful among co-workers . Pay is good but the fact that the management does not like all of their players and "picks" at them to the point of tears. Training is next to nothing and then you get into trouble for errors. Not many people stay here long due to the issues that arise and the work load
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No adequate training
A non-profit organization helping families in need
Teacher II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2017
A typical day as a Teacher II is daily communication with staff and parents. Daily communication would incorporate children's daily academic and social needs.
Generally productive, atmosphere is ever changing
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2017
a good agency overall, work day is usually go with the flow, but have been able to learn a lot for general mental health population. Have been in management for over two years, also learning how to supervise and deal with external agencies and hr situations.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
compensation is somewhat low
enjoyable and friendly work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2017
everyone you meet and interact with here from the employees to the clients are so nice and make working here really pleasant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Centers for Families and Children. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Centers for Families and Children Reviews by Location