The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Fun environment, fast paced and opprotunity for growth
Teammember - STAR Bake - Server (Current Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 12, 2018
Definitely challenged myself , learned a lot about myself that I didn't think i had. Friendly and overall helpful staff. Working with my coworkers/ friends was by far my favorite part of any shift. Very flexible with hours and time off if needed.
Incompetent bullies
Line and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 12, 2018
Managers were rude and hurtful towards staff, used demeaning language and were physical. When complaints were made, they were reflected upon those who complained as if they were the abusers.
cheesecake rocks
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 12, 2018
very fun and productive, cheesecake should be #1 best place to work in the US ,good benefits , treat everybody fairly and lots of room for growth. great food.
Not so great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 12, 2018
Five different Managers expecting you to work five different ways and constantly criticizing the way you work as if you don't know what you're doing even though you're doing exactly what you are told. They cause you to run around for hours and barely allow you to take breaks, even for a few minutes.
Pros
RARELY getting free meals
Cons
little to NO BREAKS
Good place but poor management
Server/Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
Was a okay place to work but they change managers too often. So it gets pretty bad. The older managers knew how hard I worked for the restaurant and respected me as so. But then the new gm or manager comes along trying to get after you behind trivial things. Can't even eat a piece of bread without them thinking he's being lazy.
Pros
50% employee meal if you worked that day.
Cons
No breaks
Detail listed below
Certified Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2018
Review with management the prvious shift. Verify the safe count. These were the major factors in running a shift. Hardest part was that the scheduling of management didn't allow yourself to be set-up for success, because of the volume entering the shift.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Could not take food home as a manager
I wouldn’t work there again in my life
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 11, 2018
Just not somewhere you should want to work, breaks were never promised on doubles, people always calling off and then you’re forced to stay, way to much work and stresss for not enough money or benefits
Good place to work for college students
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Most of the cons working here are more related to the industry than to the restaurant. The staff is very friendly and the guest loyalty is unique.
Cons
Very hectic workplace
After 10years many pros and many cons
Senior Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2018
You'll take a lot of know how and experience with you. It'll also take a lot from you. The company hires external managers and pay them 10k more a year than someone who has been with the company for some time and is interested in a management position. The company wants you to care about each and every employee individually...at this point I can feel I'm just a number and will be replaced with some other guy that they'll just throw in there tomorrow. Then again...they're struggling just to do that. All I hear is the bottom line bottom line bottom line. I get it.... corporate corporate corporate...I mean are there humans working in the corporate offices in California? Had a fellow kitchen manager go to CFI.... cheesecake factory institute out in Cali. He's someone I trust.... corporate big wigs HAVE NO CLUE WHATS GOING ON IN THEIR RESTAURANTS. NONE.
Career advancement is there...if you don't want to see your home or anyone that may live there!

When you start to think about your well being and overall happiness and just you...over your job...your dead to management. I was literally scared to talk to my regional boss because I've seen how people have been treated when they've been in a similar situation as myself and said something about it. Ended up being a productive conversation though...he's just as unhappy as me. He's home 2 days a week and his kids are in school,...sad ….100k+ a year or not.

After almost a decade however, I can't say it's all been bad. I will take an abundance of knowledge and skills with me to my next adventure in life. I made many friends and
  more... have many professional contacts in and out of the company itself.  less
Pros
Shift meals, benefits are good, usually the people are good
Cons
No home life, work week consists of waking up going to work going home, repeat, everyday, you're a number
Productive And Fun Place to work with great food
Hostess, Filler, and Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYDecember 8, 2018
Get ready to be the ultimate multi-tasker with the opportunity to deal with all kinds of people. I learned how to be patient. Management changes over every month or so, meaning that you're going to have to reprove your worth of a raise over and over.

It is very fast-paced and cutthroat and you need to be ready for any and all kinds of scenarios. Dealing with some co-workers was one of the hardest parts of the job, especially when packed to capacity, and every one is stressed and lashing out. Otherwise, it's like a family environment.

It was one of the best jobs I ever had, and working with such awesome people while having the perk of eating wonderful discounted food was definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Discounted Food, Family Like Work Environment
Cons
Lots of turn-over with management, hard to advance, if you keep having to prove yourself to new managers every other month.
Fun workplace with lots of interaction among people but we were understaffed
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 8, 2018
I was a busser and sometimes people did not show up to work with me in a specific section so I had to stay for 14 hours sometimes in a very fast paced environment. I enjoyed the people I worked with though and the managers were very reasonable, hard working people.
Pros
free lunches during double shifts. free soup
Cons
tiring work
Decent place to work
Busser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2018
The job isn't crazy difficult, it does get a little busy during lunch and dinner but aside from that its not bad. Pay is ok but majority of the money made is tip money which is not consistent
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
inconsistent tip
Truly make an outstanding effort to keep staff engaged
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2018
What can I say? I spent eight years with the company and could not even begin to try to say Anything negative. They truly do care about their personnel and do a wonderful job of taking care of them.From the hands on new menu rollout to the promotions they do to encourage hard work, working there was truly a positive experience.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent pay
Great place to work and learn
Server, Bartender, Expo and Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
I was able to learn alot here about myself and my ability to work with, lead and teach others. The business as a whole is great and you feel it in the people and the culture. My time here was cut short because though I had done everything and more asked of me someone chose to not give me the opportunity to grow with in the company. I don't fault the brand just the individual.
Pros
Organization, culture, training, employee recognition
Cons
Wearing all white.
All around worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 6, 2018
RSVP! Great experience! Hard working! Family oriented! Competitive! Long hours. Long Nights. Soaking wet some-days! Red Velvet Cheesecake. Waitresses.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No free Lunch
Strong team minded environment
LEAD TRAINER/SERVER, GRAND LUX CAFÉ (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
Management ia A+. The company takes pride in its staff. I was able to pursue my college degree and work a flexible schedule. Many of the team members from my days at cheesecake are still friends of mine now.
I loved working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2018
I would go in I greeted and sat them when needed,took drink and food orders ,packed leftovers,printed checks and presented them to customer ,took.paymentand made sure they had a great visit all and all
Pros
Discounted lunches, teamwork
Cons
No complaints
Very busy and understaffed
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  PA and NJDecember 5, 2018
If you have no life and no family, this is the job for you. As a Kitchen Manager you come in for your shift knowing that many things have been skipped that you'll have to deal with, employees call out constantly because it's a very demanding job and they are asked to do a lot. The menu is way to big with the companies staffing level guidelines to execute so management is "encouraged" to work well beyond the promised 5 days, 11 hours a day work week and quality of life speech they give you when your first start. Easily averaged 75 hours a week. The staff that does work hard and shows up everyday are unbelievable and under paid. They do make the culture unique and as enjoyable as can be but it's generally non-stop. Most of the management staff are poorly trained and over worked leading to a lot of disgruntled, angry or frustrated conversations that happen where they shouldn't and arguing isn't just unproductive debate, it can get ruthless and dangerous. The environment breeds animosity and forms groups working against each other instead of with each other. Management is paid well if they are hired from outside the company, internal hires are underpaid drastically. You do get to travel and see multiple units and even visit corporate in California for a few days if you do well. The company does many things right, they make money and are always busy, but staff and management are worked to the point of complete and utter exhaustion. Lots of overtime for hourly employees and in some cases 20-30 hours more a week for management than promised at hiring, unless you are the GM or Executive  more... Kitchen Mgr, which come and go as they please and most take full advantage of that often even if it's leaving the restaurant in a very bad position, leaving after a 5 or 6 hour day with no care to the needs of others.  less
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Your life becomes this job. No quality of life at all. You will live there
Great Place to work.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 4, 2018
One of the best places I have ever worked. The company really takes care of their employees. Although working the job is rather long and tedious, you get great compensation for the work you do.
Ok
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kenwood, OHDecember 4, 2018
Umm it was a cool place to learn at and work at I liked the co-worker I had I wish I could of worked more hrs to earn more money the management was ok for the most part sum we're understanding and sum we're not but yeah overall I loved it and would recommend working there in a heartbeat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

1.7Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.