The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

I was an intern
Managerial Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
Great, fully comprehensive internship. I worked through each position both FOH and BOH and learned all aspects of each position to effectively manage them.
Fast paced fun atmosphere
Mixologist, server, and trainer (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 25, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. Flexible with your schedule, great staff to work with and fantastic benefits. Can be overwhelming at times due to high volume of guest that enter the building, especially on weekends.
great company to work for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 25, 2018
the management team that i worked with was one of the best ive ever seen. They all worked very hard to help the team do the best possible job. They were understanding of life situations and did their best to ensure running a smooth shift, including jumping in on the line or in prep to get something done. the environment is very busy and hectic, stressful but in a positive way. Perfect for a line cook who loves the rush of a busy friday night dinner service. The only thing i didnt like was the attitude of a few coworkers, which made me decide to leave. But you get rude coworkers anywhere. They teach you to work fast but to also have an eye for detail and presentation, and to taste the food which is not standard everywhere but absolutely necessary as a line cook. One of the best places to work for training in a fast paced casual restaurant.
Pros
free meal per shift, great management, wonderful values
Cons
very fast paced environment, not suitable for everyone
bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 25, 2018
Managers are not helpful when it comes to dealing with problems with other employees. When it comes to teamwork, this restaurant really lacks on that. The cooks are always making it hard for you to give your customers a good experience.
cheesecake
Prep cook /cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2018
I loved working for cheesecake it was one of my best jobs I have learned so much. it was an fun place to work and stressful at times but still fun. it was a great place to work on your culinary skills. I wish I stayed but I wanted better hours and better pay.
Fun place to work
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 24, 2018
Working at the cheesecake factory was very competitive because you had to be fast paced no matter the circumstances, I learned how to deal with customers and make sure they leave happy and satisfied I didnt like the management because it was unorganized . I wouldn't say it was hard because my position was easy and they make it easy for you to understand what to do the most enjoyable part about the job is when u on break and you have good laughs n communicate with other employees
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
One of the worst places I’ve worked. Management plays favorites and the guest is always right even when they are threatening employees.
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2018
Do not work here. The management staff does not care about the serving staff it’s always front of the house against back of the house. Favoritism means more to management then work ethic.
Pros
You can make decent money
Cons
No breaks. Long hours. Poor management
Decent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
Decent place to work if you like high volume. Upper level management not supportive nor communicative enough. Difficult to advance. Amazing benefits.
Pros
Free food for management/benefits package
Cons
Upper level management
good environment
Crew member/Worker (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2018
good place to work, easy to pick up a lot of shifts, friendly staff, lots of discounts, if you work all day you receive a free meal if you work a regular shift you are entitled to half off and if you are dinning in as a guest you may get 25% off.
Cons
short breaks
Fun environment!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHMay 23, 2018
Everyone I've met so far, loves to work there. I appreciate that the managers are very kind and supportive especially when mistakes are made. They are a wonderful group to work for, very professional but it just feels like home.
Exceptional
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 23, 2018
This is the best job I have ever had! The management is outstanding as is the company culture. I felt truly valued as a team member and person by management and loved working with the exceptional standards of food and service in place. Would not leave if I were not relocating to an area without a Cheesecake Factory.
Great place to work and has great opportunity for growth.
Hostess, Star Baker, Cashier, Server (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 22, 2018
Always able to keep busy, others are always willing to help whether they are management or coworkers, as long as you are willing to do your job it is easy to move around the company and grow, hard to become management once you have done everything else, fun people to work with, it is a family.
Amazing Culture and Amazing People
Staff Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMay 22, 2018
A typical day in the office is coming in and being greeted with smiles and high fives, stopping by the kitchenette to get yourself tea or coffee and getting to your desk. The meetings are meaningful and non-time wasting. Celebrations are common for birthdays and work anniversaries. The management team are the best, open, understanding and all about helping develop YOU. There is a reason that the company has been on Fortune's top 100 places to work for the last 5 years.
Pros
Always free food around the office and car detailing every week.
Cons
none really, but maybe the fact that housing that is in short commuting distance is really expensive.
fun fast paced environment
TRAINER/SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2018
Awesome company! Friendly and supportive staff! I learned a lot about the customer service experience with The Cheesecake Factory. Everyday was different.
management un professional
Server (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMay 22, 2018
terrible management guest were a pain to deal with lazy co workers.

favoritism inconstant management in work place expectations. as well as rude kitchen cooks .
Pros
money
Cons
managment
Cool multi cultured enviroment
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 22, 2018
Its real fast pace and orders have to be up to par before serving. It was a nice experience and would work at the cheesecake factory again. I would recommend it to cooks.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Serving at Cheesecake Factory was easy money could be a pain. Guests come in that are not use to ever going out and think they in some super fine dining restaurant. Everything is made fresh so the kitchen takes awhile.
Fast paced, long hours
Bartender, Star Bar, Manager, Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
It was a good place to work for busy fast paced individuals.
The hours can be long.
There is a lot of support form corporate.
Multi-tasking is essential.
Collaborative team of fast paced business people.
Bartender, Server, Hostess, Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NY, Huntington Station, NYMay 21, 2018
The Cheesecake Factory introduced me to the business world and taught me everything about providing excellent customer service. It is a great way to work through college and make great friends along the way!
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
Cheesecake Factory is a nice place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 21, 2018
This review is about the Brandon location: Everyone is friendly for the most part. There is a lot of team work. The managers actually care about their employees. The schedule is flexible, you are able to pick your own hours and request time off with a 2 week notice.
Pros
25% discounts when dinning in with family and friends, 50% employe lunch discounts(on the of shift), free lunch when working a scheduled double
Cons
Tampa store makes it difficult to transfer with hem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight