The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Found 2,640 reviews matching the search See all 2,749 reviews
Not a fan of Cheesecake an
Front Desk Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 18, 2018
Poor work environment overall, I actually opened the restaurant and will say after having worked there I am very disappointed in the overall organization. I have been to many cheesecake factories before and after having worked there I will never look at them the same, they are nothing they say they are, it's all for show, so if you do end up working there be ready for the politics and a whole lot of nonsense.
Pros
Cons
stressful environment, poor management staff
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 18, 2018
Good people enjoyed the environment and had fun. If you work hard you can make a lot of money and the best part of it all os that every shift you work you get your money that day!
Pros
The people and money
Cons
Breaks
interesting
server (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 18, 2018
For a place with such a good reputation it was surprising to experience what I did when working there. I do not recommend working TCF. Disorganized, Stressful, Intense...etc.
Work place with second family
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2018
My time with this company was fun, but a lot of hard work. I started as a bartender, and we became family very very fast, but it was very difficult managing the schedule when they couldn't keep hold of bartenders. Being a bartender here is very demanding, you can never leave the front, you run the show up there half the time, and the hours are demanding. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers, the hardest part were the hours. I get it, if you were good the managers depended on you a lot, but it wore on you after time.
Pros
Free meal, if you worked a double
Cons
Barely any breaks
ok
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 18, 2018
Good company just needs better accountability for employees. Time off and company celebrations a plus. Depending on position the pay is good. The management team could be better at communication and follow up.
Dish is hard
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 18, 2018
fast paced. if working dish you'll likely stay very late, probably until 1am at the earliest and then 3:30am at the latest. if your position is anywhere else you'll leave at the latest of probably 12am
Hostess Position
Hostess (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 17, 2018
Greeted guests as they walked into the restaurant. Brought guests to their tables, offered menus, responded to inquiries, and made sure tables were cleaned.
Great place
Server (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 17, 2018
Great place to work at. Turns out we are a big family. Huge support in all your ventures regardless of what to come. This to me is a priceless gem that is hard to find
Extremely Motivated Management Team
S.T.A.R Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 17, 2018
The entire staff when I started was motivated to be the best, and that was mirrored by the management team who would accept nothing less than excellence. The staff here was always helpful and friendly. The staff was molded from the very first day to be the best and would not hesitate to call out other staff who were not performing well. This kept the standards of service well above the competitors in the area.
Fast paced and rewarding
Server (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 17, 2018
A typical day is very fast paced. You don't have much down time with running food and drinks for other tables as well as your own. Everyone works as a team and the management has your back. There are times where the wait for food to come out is a little long but for the most part everything runs like a well oiled machine.
I wouldn't expect an actual break if working a double, more of a running back and forth from the back of house to eat some of your food and then back to the front to aid your tables. Favorite thing about working at the cheesecake factory was the people I met and knowing that I made someones graduation night, prom night, date night, birthday great and a memorable experience.
Pros
discounts on food, great teammates
Cons
little to no breaks
Great company to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 16, 2018
The company is amazing to work for and the tips are stellar. It's a face paced environment so make sure you're ready to work. In my opinion, it was well worth the long hours and shifts for the money. Management is great as well but it's hard to get off for holidays due to high demand for everyone wanting those days off.
Extremely busy
Host (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 16, 2018
One of the chains busiest locations, it was very common to have anywhere from 20-100 names on the wait list on any given night. There is room to move up in the company if desired.
Pros
Easy to move up.
Cons
Long shifts, little break time.
Fun place to work at times
Prep Guy/Busser (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2018
Over all what a let down. I had high hopes and dreams when i came aboard this team. I rise and went above and beyond. I gave it 200% but all i got was false promises and dreams.
Pros
Frozen mango
Cons
Mangement
Great environment loved it
Lead Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 16, 2018
Great environment loved it great career starter for people looking to join the hospitality industry. i learned how the restaurant business worked and how enjoyable and chaotic it can be but most importantly i grew friendship that will be throughout the year
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
fast paced
Prep-cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2018
scratch kitchen learned from appetizers to dinners. the hardest part of the job was summertime which it gets busy starting from valentines day to 4th of july to mothers day to fathers day to comic con and summer vacation.
Too stressful for what you're paid
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 15, 2018
Always busy (not a bad thing), but the size of our restaurant is too small in relation to the demand. Customers can be very rude to you. Management tries to help you, but they're busy too, so I don't blame them. But a lot of the time the rude customers will walk all over you because you'll be afraid of not being hospitable.

I'd love the job, but the unruly guests can really bring you down.
Pros
Managers and coworkers are great.
Cons
Short breaks (or none at all). Work/life balance can be hard. Rude customers.
Server/Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 15, 2018
Working at the Cheesecake Factory was a great experience. When I started here I was a young, single mother. Management always accommodated my schedule for school and life. I felt supported. I am forever grateful for it. I worked hard and my work was recognized and appreciated! I advanced in my position and was asked to advance beyond that position, into management, this was not my goal. However, if i were to go into a management position this would be the company/place I would want to do it. I have a place in health care. My time as a server has definitely impacted me in a way that i can organize, plan, and produce. I have learned to read and connect with people on an instant! At the Cheesecake Factory, this is done quickly and repetitively!
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not equipped to meet the volume
fantastic atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 14, 2018
It's a great place to work. We work hard but we play harder. The company knows what to do. The best part of the job to me is enjoying guest. The culture is what keeps us going.
Fast paced
Lead cook (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 14, 2018
No teamwork. Some managers are disrespectful. They pick and choose in favorite people. The general manager doesnt really help. The communication is horrible.
Pros
Benefits free food
Cons
Too much
Typically
Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2018
It's very busy all the time. Very often quadruple sat and tables stay for usually an hour at a time. If you aren't in a good section, you might not make too much in tips, but they move you to the better sections the better you are. There are 250~ ish items on the menu and you're expected to remember all of it, including the things not listed on the menu. It can be a lot, but the large number of people working together helps make it a bit easier for yourself and others.
Pros
Discounted food, easily promoted if you're a hard worker, professional cleaning crew, little sidewalk
Cons
Very busy or very dead, no free food unless you work a double

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss