The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,548 reviews matching the search See all 2,657 reviews
Productive and fun environment to work in
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
The experience is very positive and enjoyable. Everyone has your back and is willing to help with the advancement of your career. It's definitely somewhere I'd recommend working for anyone who is into travel, being around great people, and working for a Fortune 100 best company!
Productive. Fast paced work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 17, 2018
Many new hires all training at the same time. Was a bit confusing and chaotic. Did not get cut in on tips and wasn’t much for hostess to do besides stand behind a platform
Lacking Professionalism
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 17, 2018
The lack of consistency with management following corporate policies and California State law was completely unacceptable. The favoritism and tip bribery that is exercised daily creates a hostile work environment.

Management is the lifeline to any successful business. The Cheesecake Factory needs a complete overhaul of their training program for all FOB and BOH management staff. Especially the General Manager.
ehhhh
Server (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 17, 2018
it was okay, did not make enough money. Took off auto gratuity. Customers we not nice, over staffed. no benefits. I would not work there again. Save yourself 3 weeks of bad training
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CA 90277July 17, 2018
Its a good place to work. You will meet a lot of nice people. I worked at the location in Cincinnati Ohio and was transferred to the location in Redondo Beach California.
Productive work environment
Dishwasher/ Host (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 16, 2018
When I started I was always busy. But at the end I was barely getting 4-6 hours a WEEK, which is why I left. And while my coworkers and boss were phenomenal, there were a few in management who I felt took my work and others' for granted (to be fair, most of those managers transferred or changed jobs while I was employed there) Overall I still had a good experience working the Cheesecake Factory.
Pros
Discount on meals, great co-workers
Cons
some lack of appreciation from some of the managers
Very fast paced yet low pay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLJuly 16, 2018
Worked at Cheesecake Factory for 4 months. I got very low pay for the amount of work and stress they expected me to do. They located at a VERY high paced area. There were no benefits offered to me and it got so stressful the managers were stretched thin.
Enjoyed the job.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 16, 2018
Kitchen help, wash and scrub pans dishes silverware etc., help with kitchen line, prepare trays for servers closing time shut down stations and prepare them to be serviced by cleaning crews
is good
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 16, 2018
good company to work only wen they training they don teach you are on you own that's sad wen you new
on a company but others then that is good company
Pros
not frre lunch upu need to pay
Cons
short brakes wen is busy
N/a
Bakery, Direct Trainer, and Host (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 15, 2018
it is a great place to work but it depends on location. I left because of management and the pay. There is room for advancement. Sometimes you had to kiss butt in order to get days you want. this was my experience but some are different.
It's not bad but it can definitely be better
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
It's alright as far as Pittsburgh is concerned but there's too much miscommunication and there is more talking than results. Some people are unwilling to take responsibility for their mistakes and push their work on to others.
Great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 14, 2018
Great place they strive for excellence for their employees and guest! Everything is made fresh daily! From all the bar ingredients to everything in the kitchen! Bar staff and kitchen staff start early to prepare all the fresh ingredients for all meals and drinks they take pride in the excellence of taste!
Interesting workplace
Server, Shift Leader, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 14, 2018
There’s a lot to deal with considering the guests that you deal with to the people you work with, and the people managing the restaurant. Overall the restaurant will always work and be successful but the overall quality might take a hit.
Pros
Lots of people to work with
Cons
No breaks, guests are rude, long shifts
Co-workers
Server/ Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 13, 2018
The co-workers at the Cheesecake factory made the job easy. Of course restaurants can be stressful but when you enjoy who you are woking with it eases that stress. Started as a hostess, became a food runner, and ended as a server. Hard to move up past server.
Pros
Discounted food, great group of people, fun training process for servers
Cons
Could be a strict corporate atmosphere (especially when the big bosses came), and there is a cap to your growth.
Great place to learn
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02199July 13, 2018
Great place to learn about the industry, awesome food management is always helpful and accommodating and overall a great place to pick up people skills and social skills
Pros
flexible easy going environment
Cons
long days low annual salary
Love the Atmosphere!
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2018
Young people, older people, of all walks of life helping each other. Whether it be helping the customers, or employees supporting each in the kitchen I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the ambiance at this particular place of employment. During my shift it was hectic. You stay busy, its hard work and it's all worth it. The compensation is excellent and it is always nice to work around beautiful people.
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Very busy, all the time, can be stressful at times.
Too much workload for one person
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, IL 60462July 12, 2018
Too much work put on one person in the bakery, usually the closer and the other person leaves around 7 leaving me with about 3-5 hours of being alone/closing. not enough pay for the work. asked for a raise and wouldn't give it to me because i was still in high school and "older people" deserved it.
Pros
-free food
Cons
-sometimes no break when working 8 hours because i would be alone
Always stressful, but a great company
Baker/Barista/Dessert Decorator, Host (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 12, 2018
The Cheesecake Factory is almost always busy, and often pretty stressful. Its a good company with a well-deserved good reputation among the public in terms of the quality of their food and the dining experience. However, this expectation creates a pressure that is felt by all of the employees. I think sometimes guests forget that even though the place looks nice, it is still a chain, and there isn't enough time to treat every customer like a queen. Also, take your schedule as merely a suggestion, because you will probably never leave on time, especially if you close. DO NOT try to work at the bakery if you can't handle VERY high stress. They often have 2 people doing a job that would require 4 if everyone wants to retain their sanity, and you don't always have the tools to do everything you need to do. That said, management was always nice and understanding, coworkers were great and the pay is pretty good. Overall, my experience there was positive, and I look back fondly on almost everyone I worked with, management included, but I thank god every day I don't have to go back in to that insane place.
Pros
employee discount, management, work culture
Cons
high stress, understaffed, always have to stay late
Collaborative Workplace
Host/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 12, 2018
From the moment you clock in depending on your role you will have tasks to perform. Your coworkers should be able to depend on you and vice-versa. The goal of working at The Cheesecake Factory is to ensure the guest enjoys their visit and will consider returning more often. As long as you're able to keep up when the place gets busy then you will have no problem enjoying your work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the subtle "Thanks" you get from guests who appreciate the effort you put in to making their meal at The Cheesecake Factory enjoyable.
Pros
Great work experience, Friendly faces
Cons
Very fast environment
Very fun productive enviroment
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJuly 11, 2018
Pretty cool place to work, work can get stressful at times but its overall a good place to work.pretty nice group of people you actually get to learn and grow.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Enviroment stressful to work in at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss