The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Found 2,838 reviews matching the search See all 2,950 reviews
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 16, 2018
You learn a variety of skills such as communication, time management and customer service. Serving can be stressful at times but it is definitely worth it when you have such a fun team to work with.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYOctober 16, 2018
we got a new general manager and he was looking to clear house. He wanted it all his way or no way and that's understandable I was injured and he was not understanding.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no communication between the management team
Solid, restaurant work.
Host (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98109October 15, 2018
Good place to work, great experience, and willing to help you improve your skills and knowledge on the job. On site, in depth training, schedule flexibility, and meal benefits.
N/a
Senior Restaurant Management (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJOctober 15, 2018
It was a good place to learn how to be a manager. The compensation was semi-competitive but the environment was fun. The best part of the job was your coworkers and the new food items.
Excellent experience
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 15, 2018
It was a good working experience, friendly, there's always an opportunity to advance to new positions; prep, cook etc. Fast paced environment, discounted lunch, discount on cheesecakes.. it was fun to work there.
Nothing bad to say
Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 15, 2018
Love this job and this company. The culture they have created for both the staff and the guests is absolutely amazing! The food is definitely worth every penny.
Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 14, 2018
Great job, great people, great money, really great organization to work for. The culture there is fun and motivating. The Cheesecake Factory genuinely cares about their employees and serve great, quality food! Even if it is a billion calories! lol
Terable managment styles
desert artist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2018
I was a good worker and I heard no complaints or critiques from my supervisors or managers, they cut my hours without warning or telling me why, I only learned why once I put in my two week notice! NEVER WORK FOR THEM!
Pros
good food
Cons
you den't get rewarded for hard work
not fun too stressful
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 13, 2018
stressful no teamwork management horrible all they went to worry about their bonus sometimes you doing more then two peoples work barely could get a raise not all cheesecake some have good management team some just worry about the bonus and promotion
Corporate Trainer / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 12, 2018
Great experience and I learned a lot in my time with the company they made me in to a great teacher and s great trainer. I would recommend any one who loves to cook and or love being in a great restaurant to apply at ccf.
Pros
Free lunch easy scheduling
Cons
Hi rate of change over ..
Good job they are a big team and everyone works together a a good team. Big operation
Restaurant Manager, Expediter, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dadeland mallOctober 12, 2018
Big operation really good team. That store was a well oil machine that did 16 million a year with a good ambiance. Enjoyed very much working with the team that was there.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
no advancements or pay increase
Okay
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2018
It wasn't a pleasant experience. As a employee you don't get treated the way that you truly should. Very unorganized and poorly managed, worst I've worked at.
The pay was great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 11, 2018
As a hostess the job itself was simple and they paid very well but we didn't get tipped out. It did get very busy at times, but it made the day go by faster.
Pros
Discounted food, decent pay
Cons
On your feet all day
Structured and informative course program, learn a lot about the business end of running restaurants
LEVEL II MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAOctober 11, 2018
Extremely high volume of $16 mill annually. Running it fast, doing $100k on Mothers Day (company record), and doing over 2000 covers a day. Non stop busy, very high volume.
Great work place
Bakery/ Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 11, 2018
Its always busy at the Cheesecake factory, people love eating in the restaurant. I have learned to be more faster, overcome obstacles when it gets very busy, give the best experience of customer service to customers. Managers are always willing to listen and are very helpful. Everybody loves helping everybody and if you are struggling with something, your team or managers will find a way to help you become better. The hardest part of the job is being scheduled for a closing shift, because sometimes there is a lot more to do and less employees to help you. After a certain amount of time, skills improve and you become faster in the closing positions. Practice makes perfect. The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time meeting new customers and learning about them.
Pros
Happy environment
Cons
None i can really think of
Great while it lasted
Ka Makana Ali'i- Line Cook/ Designated Trainer(DT) (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIOctober 10, 2018
Working at the cheesecake factory was probably the best place I have worked at hands down. Til today I regret having to leave. But new management felt they could violate my employee contract scheduling me against my availability but contract states my availability.
Fast paced work
Host (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 10, 2018
This is a very fast paced environment. You have to do a lot of critical thinking to place big parties and to rotate the customers with sitting the down and being fair to the servers
Good Food prepared by Great Chefs
Pasta Chef (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 10, 2018
My overall review of The Cheesecake Factory was good. What they're from scratch style of cooking you can tell that every didh is made unique and care.
Pros
Employee discounts good food big portion
Cons
Staying over for people who no call no show
Amazing place to work
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 10, 2018
I have learned that giving guest the full attention, will make the guest feel more conferable and not over whelmed with the menu. love working with the employees I work with. Managing team is very strong and with help with any situation. Hard to stand around and not do anything.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
short breaks
Just fine
Baker/ Host/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 10, 2018
It’s a fast paced environment and gets busy. Sometimes it’s not the most organized. I feel as though they underpay us as well. They give decent hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight