The Cheesecake Factory
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Hard to move up levels, as a kitchen manager the hours are long but the staff make it very rewarding. There is a lot of appreciation for the staff and they are celebrated for the work they do
Customers can be very uneducated about how to tip the servers. Lot of parties and that can be stressful. But if you know what you doing shouldn’t be a problem.
Pros
More you work, more you make. Employee benefits.
Cons
Stressful, rude customer
If you ever work there the chance of you returning for a meal is not going to happen. Too much trash walks into the restaurant and it’s not worth your time. Try something else.
Pros
There are none. Zip!
Cons
See above
Great work environment, all the staff was very involved in helping each other have a productive night or day. It made you feel like you were apart of something amazing.
Pros
Food
Cheesecake Factory Rocks. I worked at 2 locations and the people were all very friendly. The food was a little pricey so you could get really good tips. I had a regular who came in with his family and tipped $100 EVERY TIME. If there were two servers working the table - then he'd give $200! Though it was a once a month thing buy you can get some very big tippers here. If you get the job you'll like it.
Pros
Free bread & soup + so much food during training
Cons
singing happy birthday and the normal pains of being a waiter
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Overall great restaurant. Management is a bit unorganized. Team members are awesome and helpful. They lack full training and expect things to be know right after a week of training.
The GM at Bethesda, Maryland was a misguided, indecisive, and poorly executed manager that didn't know how to lead by example. She made fake promises to many of her staff including myself and never follow through with any of the past commitments she made to people. I love my co works but the management was the very reason why I left the company sooner than expected.
It's a nice company to work for but it's too much chatter and personal business being spread(Gossip)! To be clear it is a restaurant and you'll gain friendship but i feel why mix the two.
The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to work as a main source of income or supplementary. They allow you to complete your job with a great support system.The workplace culture at this specific location is really harmonious where everyone is helpful and friendly. The most difficult aspect of the job is excellent customer service when the section you're assigned is demanding. Given the day, you may get 3 tables at once or have a needy table while your other tables are ready to pay. It's a good company to work for overall.
The Cheesecake Factory is perfect for young adults with goals outside the restaurant industry as well as for people who seek to further their career inside the restaurant industry. Management at my location became overwhelmed with the position and sometimes acted unfairly as a result.
Get to work, clock in start doing the task that I was giving by the manager. Prep all the food, get all things done in time. Managers always expecting more of you.
Great Place to Work and the people there were treated properly and with the respect they deserve. I'll always remember my time there and the experiences I had.
They are an excellent stepping stone to your next phase in life. However, they use you to the fullest solely for their advantage with little to no return. They are terrible at developing their staff and management, you basically have to help yourself.
Fast paced enviornment huge food and drink menu to learn. Everyone helps eachother out the team was great. Multi tasking is key to having a smooth and successful day
Great Experience and I loved every moment working for the cheesecake factory. They gave me opportunity to grow and move up the corporate latter. My next place of employment I hope to have growth potential as well.
i was 18, in highschool and they basically ran me into the ground. they did not care about me nor my problems only about my work. late hours, often working overtime.
Pros
Great pay. on house lunch
Cons
Terrible enviorment for younger adults with a social life.
It is a very great place to work if your into moving around the clock non-stop. Everyone is very cheerful and friendly. Management is beyond awesome to work with.
If your working in front of the restaurant with customers you will love it. As for the back of the house. You have o be mentally strong. It is long hours and pore management.
Pros
Meeting great people and making friends
Cons
Work long hours with little pay
I enjoyed my time with the cheesecake factory. It was a typical restaurant job that had a great emphasis on good food and good service. The people that I worked with were great.
Guests may not notice, but The Cheesecake Factory is a sinking ship. You will be hard-pressed to find any long term employees that have not seen a drop in the quality of employee working for this company. You can make money if you know how to flip your tables, but they remember that you're replaceable.
Pros
Discounted meals
Almost perfect place to work. Staff was very approachable and friendly, managers knew what they were doing and knowledgeable enough. Kitchen staff was slightly unreliable, still good nonetheless.
Pros
Free meals for doubles
Cons
High volume