The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

51K
Found 2,621 reviews matching the search See all 2,730 reviews
Typically
Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2018
It's very busy all the time. Very often quadruple sat and tables stay for usually an hour at a time. If you aren't in a good section, you might not make too much in tips, but they move you to the better sections the better you are. There are 250~ ish items on the menu and you're expected to remember all of it, including the things not listed on the menu. It can be a lot, but the large number of people working together helps make it a bit easier for yourself and others.
Pros
Discounted food, easily promoted if you're a hard worker, professional cleaning crew, little sidewalk
Cons
Very busy or very dead, no free food unless you work a double
Very low hours
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2018
The Cheesecake Factory did not provide me with enough hours, I applied for a full time position and was hired with that position but was very rarely given more than 20 hours per week
Pros
Flexible with availability
Cons
Not enough hours
Good place as long as you dont speak and be perfect
Dessert finisher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 13, 2018
I absolutely loved my position as a baker while working with few employees. It did become extremely stressful near the end and has gotten new management since I have left. Most of the employees keep to themselves and can be great but every job has those people that don t care about their job and are only there for the money. Overall was an ok place to work but not for me
Fun at time stressful at most. People usually did not do their jobs
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2018
A typical day would consist of a list with about 15 items on an easy day. the items had to be cooked and then recorded in a cooling log. i had to make the items while keeping bread, brown and white rice, mashed potatoes and bacon on the cook line. some items on list needed items from other stations which mostly did not get made and i would have to step in and pick up the slack to complete my job. I learned better people and communication skills . Management had a lack of communication and disrespected employees on a daily basis.There was little workplace culture. Asking for a day off was an act of congress, even if mentioned weeks in advance it would still be a problem. Stressed out employees had almost nowhere to go to. The hardest part was accepting the fact that no matter how hard you work or try to prove yourself, you were ignored and expected to do better. The most enjoyable part was creating food that people come to enjoy time after time and some of the employees who made the day better by helping and contributing to the team
Pros
1 Free meal at end of the day, free drinks, free bread. few hardworking co-workers
Cons
made to take on the spot breaks, management, lack of teamwork, everyday stress, always rushed, underpaid
very clean an fast paced
Baker (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 12, 2018
very good place to eat and dine. very friendly workers. very clean. their foods very delicious. I really didn't have no idea it was so many different cheese cakes to choose from in different languages.
Pros
good food
It was ok
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 12, 2018
Fun work environment, but very stressful. They treat you like family. There's always an opportunity for overtime and promotion. It's always super busy.
Pros
Free lunch
Fast paced and challenging
Dishwasher/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed the work here. I enjoyed the fast pace and always being challenged. The pay was good and they were flexible with the schedule and the possibility of over time was always there.
Pros
Fast paced, good pay free meals.
Cons
Paying for parking.
fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2018
very busy during holidays, very proffesional place and managers are amazing, really organized place to gain employment and is nationally located all over the us.
Very friendly environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 10, 2018
Very flexible hours, Very friendly staff Short shifts Management was always fair Workload never too much to handle Very family oriented with summertime Activities to get the staff better acquainted with one another
Love the work environment
Busser/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 10, 2018
Some places you work for you won’t get that family feeling but here at the Cheesecake Factory they care and their my family. I’ve been working here for almost 5 years in January
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
Tips
It is a great place to work while trying to figure out what your next step is in life
Server (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 9, 2018
it is a great place to work. Good money for the time worked. Great staff and managers. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to make their own hours and make pretty good hourly wages.
Pros
goof work and life balance
Cons
not a career job
Forbes 100 Companies to Work For
Server (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2018
Expect to get bad shifts in the beginning, but if you can show management that you can work under pressure then you will be just fine. Good company to work for but they do not tolerate laziness or unexcused absences (I knew a guy that missed his shift on a Sunday night, and he was fired immediately)
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Always Busy
Work environment bad.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2018
I worked for this place for quite a while, all they do is make empty promises and work you as hard as they possibly can with very little regard for their employees.
Steady work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 8, 2018
Working at the cheesecake factory was a great experience and I would recommend working there to anyone. The staff is super friendly and helpful, everyone gets along great.
Great Environment to work in!
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLAugust 8, 2018
Depending on the job title you would serve guests, seat them, and give them the best possible dining experience you can give. Management is friendly, but corporate handled. Loved the people I worked with because everyone is willing to lend a helping hand. Best part of the job would be the flexible scheduling and ability to swap shifts.
Awesome place to work
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2018
Its competitive, but worth it. Very professional, and I learned a lot about drink recipes and new bar techniques. The managers did a lot to enhance the team atmosphere and held monthly team building activities, and also every time there was a menu change. Sucks having to sacrifice your holidays every year when you have a little one at home. but that's the downfall that comes with any service industry job.
Pros
good money over the bar
Cons
none i can think of.
Good place, poor management
Busser (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 8, 2018
Loved the job and people I was surrounded with and a learned a lot of great skills for a high paced restaurant that I will always appreciate. Management was poor and it just got to the point where I needed to be somewhere else where the work is better balanced between the employees.
Pros
People, money, could always work if needed money
Cons
Great co-workers & wonderful company but very stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work as a server is walking at a brisk pace for about 10-15 miles a day depending on where your section in the restaurant was. It is very fast paced and it is necessary to be very knowledgeable, prepared, ready, and organized.

I loved working here no matter how much I complained about it.
Pros
fun
Cons
no breaks, long exhausting hours
Cheesecake factory in edison nj HORRIBLE
Server (Former Employee) –  Edison NJAugust 8, 2018
i have worked in restaurants for 9 years. The cheesecake factory is the worst. The clientele was horrible. The tip out is crazy. You tip out bussers who do not bus tables, you tip out food runners who don't run food and tip out bartenders that takes 20 min for a beer. Management is bad. The general manager has racist tendencies. And every other day we never have fries for burgers or there is a roach crawling off the wall or booth of a table.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Roach infestion
Face paced and fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 7, 2018
I worked at a new Cheesecake Factory, so the start up of the company took some time, and the restaurant was a bit hectic at first. Overtime things improved and the people I met through the company were very cool. Overall, I would recommend working there.
Pros
Discounted food, fun work environment
Cons
Rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Cheesecake Factory.

Powered by Comparably