The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Excellent
Server (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 16, 2018
Best place to work for in the business in my opinion. Good formal for success and always busy. It could be very strenuous labor but it’s manageable and definitely are compensated for it.
great place to work
Host filler (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2018
I love it here. It is a great place to be. The managers are great they are hands on and always willing to help out. The staff is amazing and really know their job. They work more as a family than as a staff.
Fun and upbeat work place
Server/Bartender/Backup OST (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LA 70002June 15, 2018
Loved working there. It was a fun and upbeat place. The coworkers and company treat you like family. They provide you with everything you need to do the job.
Exceptional Place of employment
Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2018
The Cheesecake Factory has been the best job I've ever had! I have learned over 40 new drinks to add to my knowledge of the bar. I have learned how to manager other servers and bartenders with respect. I had many jobs there including bartender server expo and inventory of china glass silver.
fast pace
Assistant swim team coach (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 14, 2018
good but didnt stay or want to make a career out of it. the management was excellent at first but then continued to get new management as the years went on so i didn't evolve in other fields
Pros
fun friendly environment
Cons
management continuesly changed
Corporate Resturant: Fast paced, must follow the rules
Front Desk/Bakery/Server (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed working here and each day varied. It was extremely fast paced, but I thrive in that type of environment. The management staff can be great, it all depends on the person. I have made life long friends while I worked there. I worked there long enough to learn how to work in almost every position in the front of the house.
Fun environment with good food and great friends
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 14, 2018
There are many good things about the cheesecake factory. One being the many opportunities you have for moving to a different department. Another being helping out new locations when they are opening and traveling to their location. You make great friends in and out of your work group and it is definitely a team environment.
Pros
Discounted food and good work engergy
Cons
No breaks look
Good training
Server (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 14, 2018
Cheese Cake Factory is a good foot in the door to be a server. Their training is very intensive. I learned a lot about alcohol. My coworkers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Money
Cons
Favored serves and sections.
Very fun and hectic.
Host (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 13, 2018
usually very busy, no time to think.
i learned a lot about customer service and how to be relaxed in stressful situations.
management is very good they always make sure you pick up the pace if you're slow and help out whenever they can.
The floor is no place for slackers, if you don't do everything as fast as possible you will slowly be fazed out or receive further training. communication is a necessity.
the hardest part is definitely multitasking and balancing all of your duties to be the pace of the restaurant.
The most enjoyable aspect would definitely be the people and bright atmosphere. Most evryone gives off a vibe that they like what they're doing wile they have fun at the job.
Pros
Friendly staff, very busy, friendly customers.
Cons
short breaks, impatient customers.
4 Years
Server (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 13, 2018
I worked here for four years, it was a fast-paced work environment. Co workers were great and the discount on food was nice. The hardest part of the job was juggling what sometimes turned into an 8 table section, which they aren't supposed to give servers.
Not applicable
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 13, 2018
Long time since I worked as a line cook which is why this isn't applicable to my situation. Though I would highly recomend a career with The Cheesecake Factory.
Pros
good pay, security
Cons
longevity
The job culture is amazing, but the organization and job distribution is unfair
LINECHEF / PREPCHEF (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2018
The job culture is great at corporate level, but at local level they fail implement the principles and beliefs of the company. They need to communicate and coordinate better at management level.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow
Cons
Fail to implement company standards
Gives challenging opportunities
Kitchen Manager Sr. Level II- (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2018
By no means is The Cheesecake Factory easy, it is rewarding but challenging. They have high expectations and that is why it is a good place to work for. Anybody can find an easy job but easy doesn't make one great.
Great Competitive
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 12, 2018
I did not work here long but it was very competitive and I felt I was not ready to take on the challenge. Maybe I was not mature enough yet at the time and maybe not enough skills and fatigue. One day I would love to go back but before that ever happens if it could I want to make sure I'm ready and more job experienced to do it because it is no walk in the park. The dish room is packed 24/7 from the ground up and the place is as packed as new York city.
Pros
Cons
Tiring
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2018
The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to work. It is a faced pace environment with good staff and management. You also get great food. The company is a good one.
Fast-paced, opportunity to move up
Busser (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be opening the restaurant in the morning getting the tea pitchers ready, brew tea and coffee. Making sure there’s plates, silverware, napkins, and cups stocked at every station. Stocking ice in beverage stations. Usually two bussers are opening in the morning. While one is taking care of the teas, coffee, ice and setting up the bar area, the other busser is setting the rest of the tables throughout the restaurant and the patio. Once the restaurant opens, each busser is assigned sections. Bussers are usually tipped by servers depending on how well they work.
Pros
Free lunches and cheesecake
long and repetitive
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
typical work day.
no time for bathroom break.
working the whole time your there start to finished.
very hot in the kitchen.
not allow to get any overtime.
Pros
free lunch f work a full shift
Cheesecake
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 11, 2018
As a server/bartender for >12 years for the cheese cake factory, I feel that it was an excellent environment to work. The bar-tending position was however, very stressful and difficulty without help from management.
Great company
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Great company to work for and also very strict rules. Very felixible with schedules and time cooperative. You have several managers to talk to about any concern.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
We're open every holiday and long hours
Great Management and Compensation
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 10, 2018
Management at the Cheesecake Factory was very understanding whenever an unforeseen circumstance came up and I wasn't able to make the shift. They would also help out the servers when we would be busy to make sure our guest would have the best experience. Cheesecake is a fast pace environment and you always have to be on top of your game while working. The fast pace does pay off with great compensation!
Pros
Great compensation with discounted food!
Cons
Not many benefits and inconsistent hours as server.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.