The Chicago School of Professional Psychology Employee Reviews

Great for interns
Student Ambassador / Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2019
Great place to learn the ropes and expand knowledge. Supportive team and faculty. Pay was great and educational opportunities were great as well. Really enjoyed it.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
No opportunity for advancement or permanent positions
Non-profit higher education
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2019
The overall atmosphere is very positive, team oriented, people care. Management is great and they state that they believe in promotion from within. The highest points of my time here have been the opportunities to work within the community, volunteering, and philanthropy.
Pros
They recognize you for the work you do.
Cons
for-profit mentality at times
Insecure Management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2019
This is a place where talent is not appreciated or developed. The insecure leadership / management will keep good talented people down, and they will not work to help talented employees grow and make significant contributions out of fear of appearing less themselves. But of course, there is dishonest lip service along with the excessive organizational politics. Many employees are students or former students of the school.

This is a great place to work if you are someone who wants a job, but nothing more than that. You need a place to stop for awhile. If you show subservience and you make your goals for the most part, then you will be happy here, as management is relaxed with those who play their part.
Pros
Relaxed management style
Cons
No growth - too much politics
Many meetings, short resourced
Dean of Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2019
It is a non-for-profit, that has an exceptional faculty that provide excellent training in the field. It will sacrifice quality to focus on the bottom-line and puts stress on its employees to over perform.
Positive Experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2018
Working as a Teaching Assistant and a Faculty Assistant gave me valuable experience with a variety of skills, including research, presentation, and statistics.
Pros
Collaborative atmosphere
Cons
Excellent Opportunity to sharpen one’s teaching skills when coming from a Behavioral Neuropharmacology research position
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 8, 2018
An excellent example to sharpen one’s teaching skills, while concomitantly providing resources, collaboration and encouragement in NIH, NIDA, and APA extramurally funded research.
Pros
Some schedule flexibility for adjunct faculty
The Chicago School
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2018
A wonderful place to work. Great students. Good location. Great benefits. Senior Leadership is terrific. Some really innovative faculty to work with on a day to day basis. Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Location and Benefits
Cons
Work Life balance
It was excellent experience to Work at TCSPP
Graduate Assistant at Career Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
Very Professional, Organized and Positive work culture with lot of harmony and balance. I miss working at TCSPP as I had to leave the job due to transfer to other college. I would surely recommend anyone to work with this organization to learn grow and succeed in their career path.
Pros
Positive work culture, Ethically well grounded, Free snacks and Coffee events, Friendly Supervisors
Cons
Minimum pay rate
No controls, lack of support
Online Faculty/Professor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Difficult to work for this organization as there was no support provided to newly hired employees, no formal orientation, and no partnership for ongoing support.
Stressful for me
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2018
TCS has probably slowed down by now as far as the rush-rush culture. it was a new college at the time I was there and it was too much. I have heard about the successes since I left and I am happy for the college.
Workstudy Student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  901 15th Street NWJuly 7, 2018
I am a workstudy student, we are required to do administrative tasks for faculty. It is a relaxed work environment due to the focus being on the school, but also our schoolwork. We engage in activities to build the moral and pride of the students in each program.
Great place to get work done
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2018
Relatively quiet place to work. Great flexibility with school schedule. Easy to get other work done while working here. Great employees. Networking with other professors.
Cons
health care, only part-time
Part time Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
Student ambassador positions encourage entry level leadership and mastery of content. The climate is welcoming and supportive. The job tasks are clear and employees can be self directed in job description when responsibilities are demonstrated successfully.
Was a great place to work, but lots of changes recently
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
The culture of this institution used to be so rich, but leadership is too focused on geographic expansion and online programming. Expansion has led to multiple re-orgs and other growing pains, and like many higher ed institutions, enrollments have been declining for a few years now.
Great colleagues
Assoc Dir of Training & Assoc Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
The Chicago School is an industry leader and offers good educational opportunities to the students. However, the work culture is dysfunctional and toxic. There is no regard for employees and staff come and go. Faculty roles are more secure and have greater longevity.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
no room for advancement, poor managers/administrators, lack of advancement opportunities
I love it
Student Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
This is a very wonderful place to work at. You will enjoy it if you decide to work here. I love what I do, who I work for, and I thank God daily for the opportunity.
Fun and serious
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2018
The Chicago school is a fun environment with friendly people. At the same time is it serious because students are working hard to get their doctorate degree.
Pros
Friendly people, flexiable
Cons
Less than a dollar raise since I have been working there for two years.
Great Institution -- non competitive Pay
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
The title says it all. The pay just isn't competitive, especially compared to similar institutions in the area. You start feeling like a volunteer that essentially loves the work you do, the people you interact with, and the populations you serve, but at the end of the day we all have bills to pay.
Offers job skills and networking
Business Operations Assistant - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2018
The facilities department is only one of various job opportunities. The facilities emplyment has many tasks, providing great customer service, front line to secutity, psychological assessment filing, administrative, collaborates with many departments including departments in our Los Angeles campus and event duties.
Pros
Paid sick leave, great manager, works around your schedule and networking opportunities.
Cons
Not completely full-time
Good workplace
Intern- Department of Student Success (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work was more of the collaborative tasks.
If you are beginning your career you are at right place.
I have a really good manager and very supportive colleagues.