The Chicago School of Professional Psychology Employee Reviews

The Chicago School
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2018
A wonderful place to work. Great students. Good location. Great benefits. Senior Leadership is terrific. Some really innovative faculty to work with on a day to day basis. Opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Location and Benefits
Cons
Work Life balance
It was excellent experience to Work at TCSPP
Graduate Assistant at Career Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
Very Professional, Organized and Positive work culture with lot of harmony and balance. I miss working at TCSPP as I had to leave the job due to transfer to other college. I would surely recommend anyone to work with this organization to learn grow and succeed in their career path.
Pros
Positive work culture, Ethically well grounded, Free snacks and Coffee events, Friendly Supervisors
Cons
Minimum pay rate
No controls, lack of support
Online Faculty/Professor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Difficult to work for this organization as there was no support provided to newly hired employees, no formal orientation, and no partnership for ongoing support.
Stressful for me
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2018
TCS has probably slowed down by now as far as the rush-rush culture. it was a new college at the time I was there and it was too much. I have heard about the successes since I left and I am happy for the college.
Workstudy Student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  901 15th Street NWJuly 7, 2018
I am a workstudy student, we are required to do administrative tasks for faculty. It is a relaxed work environment due to the focus being on the school, but also our schoolwork. We engage in activities to build the moral and pride of the students in each program.
Part time Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
Student ambassador positions encourage entry level leadership and mastery of content. The climate is welcoming and supportive. The job tasks are clear and employees can be self directed in job description when responsibilities are demonstrated successfully.
Was a great place to work, but lots of changes recently
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
The culture of this institution used to be so rich, but leadership is too focused on geographic expansion and online programming. Expansion has led to multiple re-orgs and other growing pains, and like many higher ed institutions, enrollments have been declining for a few years now.
Great colleagues
Assoc Dir of Training & Assoc Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
The Chicago School is an industry leader and offers good educational opportunities to the students. However, the work culture is dysfunctional and toxic. There is no regard for employees and staff come and go. Faculty roles are more secure and have greater longevity.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
no room for advancement, poor managers/administrators, lack of advancement opportunities
I love it
Student Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
This is a very wonderful place to work at. You will enjoy it if you decide to work here. I love what I do, who I work for, and I thank God daily for the opportunity.
Fun and serious
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2018
The Chicago school is a fun environment with friendly people. At the same time is it serious because students are working hard to get their doctorate degree.
Pros
Friendly people, flexiable
Cons
Less than a dollar raise since I have been working there for two years.
Great Institution -- non competitive Pay
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
The title says it all. The pay just isn't competitive, especially compared to similar institutions in the area. You start feeling like a volunteer that essentially loves the work you do, the people you interact with, and the populations you serve, but at the end of the day we all have bills to pay.
Offers job skills and networking
Business Operations Assistant - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2018
The facilities department is only one of various job opportunities. The facilities emplyment has many tasks, providing great customer service, front line to secutity, psychological assessment filing, administrative, collaborates with many departments including departments in our Los Angeles campus and event duties.
Pros
Paid sick leave, great manager, works around your schedule and networking opportunities.
Cons
Not completely full-time
Good workplace
Intern- Department of Student Success (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work was more of the collaborative tasks.
If you are beginning your career you are at right place.
I have a really good manager and very supportive colleagues.
Intellectually stimulating
Adjunct Professor - MFT program (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2017
Teaching a class gives instructors access to the latest information on various fields, provided the students are rigorous in their research efforts. The opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of one's profession and contributing to its continuance is rewarding.
Great environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2017
This was a Teaching Assistant position that was required for the certification process. I'm currently seeking a part-time or full-time faculty or research fellowship with this organization.
Good place to teach
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
Faculty can write own curriculum and that is something not often allowed these days. Good surroundings in Irvine but not so good in Los Angeles. Would like to work there again.
Non profit money hungry
Career Services Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2017
The school is non-profit, but wants students so they can make more money. They admit almost anyone, so working with the population can be a challenge.
great environemnt
Assistant Professor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
As an adjunct's professor I had the freedom to develop content and deliver it with freedom. As long as you comply with curriculum I was free to teach.
Pros
freedom
Cons
late hours
It use to be a nice place to work
Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Due to the management they currently have, the culture changed. It use to be a great place to work. I really don't have much more to say about this company.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
I was given a lot of support so I could focus on teaching. The students are motivated. The staff was fun to work with and knowledgeable. They were also very flexible in scheduling my classes so they worked well for me and my students.