The Chickasaw Nation Employee Reviews

Poor working culture.
I’ve had multiple positions with the casino. (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 12, 2019
Riverwind Casino - The facility has a poor work culture. Either you are favored and treated well, or you aren’t.
It is very similar to the cliques seen in junior high schools.
The management say they care about employees, but their actions prove otherwise.
Management very often says one thing and will do another.

If a complaint is ever made against management or another employee, you will have retaliation against you. We have all seen it many, many times. It’s very sad.

It could be a tremendous place to work. Unfortunately, it’s just not.

It’s probably an ok short-term or temporary job.
Pros
Health care benefits.
Cons
The work culture; the rumors; the backstabbing, etc.
Just another Big Corporation
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJanuary 30, 2019
Management doesn’t care, lack of management. The mission statement means nothing. Rude place, with no enthusiasm.
So sad , that it happens in all departments.
Pros
Cons
Lacking in direction
Highly Disappointed With the Nation Hopefully Not all Jobs with the Nation are like this one!
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davis, OKDecember 24, 2018
I'm going to start off by saying I loved my Job & I'm not trying to bash the nation by any means but the management & the Co-workers that have been there for many years where i was previously employed they made it impossible for me to keep smiling & go on like everything was alright.
Management did not treat people fairly, unless you kiss the ground they walked on
the TEAMWORK there was a joke no one was never on the same page its always he say she say they could care less about you or if you understood how to do your job there you are just a body & as long as you show up to work that's all it matters you could be crashing & burning with a million people in the store & it wouldn't matter just as long as the Boss doesn't have to come into work.... but I hope not all the other Chickasaw places are like this because I felt like I was misled big time about how great the CHICKASAW NATION is. I was being fed Rainbows & Butterflies in orientation but when I got there it was like a horror film
I just pray & hope someone steps in & fixes it Jesus
So know one else will have to be without a job for no reason out of all the jobs I've worked at this is the only one that made me feel like I'm not worthy enough to work for them i just can't believe i waited so many years just to endure that
Pros
I cannot think of one
Cons
Wages, Short breaks, Poor Management, No Employee discounts
Fast paced fun atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, OKDecember 22, 2018
Fun atmosphere fast paced always a large crowd for casino promotions a place to meet a lot of different people from all other towns upbeat and many opportunities to change positions and learn new roles
It was great for the first 8 years.
Performance Manager, (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKDecember 17, 2018
My job changed in the 10+ years of employment. After all the changes were made to our gaming casinos, and that I was one of the main trainers of our Vendors. I played a part of training myself out of a job. All of my performance actions was now being done by our Vendors..
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
paid very well but very political
Program Therapist Outpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Tishomingo, OKDecember 10, 2018
If you are not native when working within the nation, you will be looked over for advancement, even if you are more than qualified for the position.Things are very political there and leadership and management can make it difficult for you to do your job. Also difficult when rules can be bent and/or broken for certain people that know certain people. The peers and cowokers i worked with were great. There are a lot of people that probably shouldnt be doing the jobs they are doing and it can really test you and how to work within a rigid corporate structure.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
difficult to advance;work with unqualified people often; slow moving, if at all, upper management.
a job
security officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2018
at the nation it was a job the benefits were great but the hours and days were hard because they are a24 hour buisness, The job it self was fine but it was hard for people to keep there job.
Productive workplace
Dental Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dental clinicNovember 20, 2018
My typical day at work consists of many things that tie into healthcare. From taking the patients vitals to doing a depression screening among taking care of their dental health to needs.
Felt like just anther body
Seurity (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKNovember 10, 2018
Managemnt did not treat people fairly, No teamwork was encouraged amontg the staff. Compensation was not up to par. No room for advancement. No aet rules to be followed.
benefits
Cons
Wages
I miss this job!
Duel rate and dealer (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKNovember 2, 2018
I worked as a dealer and duel rate for the nation. I can honestly say it was the best job I've ever had and it was with a heavy heart that I had to leave it. The work was great, excellent training and support, good pay, fantastic benefits, and really good managers for the most part. I would go back in a heart beat if I could. I made great friends, had a wonderful position, made good money and enjoyed the benefits and culture of the chickasaw community. I grieve over having to move. Work here if you can, the place is fantastic, at least it was for me!
Pros
Excellent benefits, great culture, work 4 days, off 3. Well organized
Cons
Night shift, not full time (38 hours)
Deep and rich organizational culture
Manager of Cloud Computing (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 30, 2018
Excellent opportunity for meaningful work in support of the citizens of the Chickasaw Nation. The most competitive job stability and benefits in the industry.
The Chickasaw Nation
Research and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 29, 2018
The Chickasaw Nation is a fantastic organization to work for. I have been employed with the company for 14 years, with 12 in the Training Department. I desire a new role, adventure, and am ready for career growth.
Benefits
Steady employment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, OKOctober 20, 2018
Good steady place of employment. Only really good paying positions are cashiers and slot attendants which are very competitive. If you can handle the gossip which happens despite the no gossip policy and realize and accept it for what it is, then you will do fine. If you're looking to get into security but don't have your license, they can hire you and you'll get state certification eventually. You'll have to pay for your licensing if you want it. Good benefits and 401k program if you plan on being a long term employee.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Pay is not optimal
A really good place to work
Teacher Aid (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKOctober 16, 2018
The manager a wonderful Christian lady and does everything by the book. I really like working for her and I love the teacher I work with. The school is a nice place and we get our days off and sick time if we need them. The staff is awesome
Fun place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davis, OKOctober 14, 2018
I was with the Chickasaw Nation for about 4 years. They have allowed me to grow from a Game Tech up to a Shift Supervisor. You do get health, dental, vision, 401 (k) if you work 38 hours or more. The benefits are really good and with this company there is always room for advancements. However, they do hire tribe card holders first.
Pros
Benfits, Fair pay, Hours
Cons
Productive, fun, and learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Work at 7:00am off at 3:30pm.
Respond to emails and phone calls
Input barred patrons
Proof promotions
Sort mail
Put purchase orders in system
Inputting meetings in General Manager's calendar
Various duties
Management is extremely supportive and respectful
Culture is fast paced and friendly
No hard jobs to mention
Coworkers
Pros
Chickasaw Nation strives to take care of their employees - awsome benefits
Cons
Miss the medical aspect
Productive and fun workplace with activities for team building and friendly people.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, OKAugust 28, 2018
For a typical day I would go in and sign my time sheet to start the day. Then everyone would go to the cafe to get breakfast and say hi to coworkers. After that I would be assigned to a work place, tour group, or activity for the day. Every day at eleven and two the cultural resources department would hold a stomp dance open to all visitors.
Pros
Discounted lunches, two fifteen minute breaks per day
Cons
No benefits to summer youth other than those gained by being a member of the tribe
Stressful
Certified Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 21, 2018
I love helping people in my everyday job here but it is hard to get employees to show up for work and management does nothing about it. A typical day we will fill 2500 prescriptions a day
Great work place environment, lots of advancement opportunities, great benefits
HVAC Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 7, 2018
The Chickasaw Nation division of commerce CTUA was one of the best places I've worked. Great learning environment, lots of opportunities, good bosses,some of the best co workers I've ever had, and the freedom to get out there and work on your own! I loved it, and I'd do it agian if I could!
Pros
Great benefits, great bosses and Co workers, tons of on the job experience, etc!
Cons
It is hot in Southern Oklahoma! All year!
Rewarding place to work
Housing Manager (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 6, 2018
Housing low-income citizens is very rewarding. Finding affordable and safe housing was sometimes not easy. Doing a good job is not only important to our clients, but it as well is rewarding to me as a housing manager.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Chickasaw Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight