The Children's Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Tcc
Desktop Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 31, 2018
just a great place to work and thrive. I have been there 12 years and feel that I have grown and had a great time working for TCC. I worked closely with Stakeholders, and the Directors which have treated me with the upmost of respect.
Pros
great boss
Cons
not industry standard of pay
Average
Billing/Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
Started off as an appointment and check out clerk. This particular duty was fast paced since it involved a high traffic of incoming calls and live interaction with patients. Was later promoted to billing clerk until laid off in 2009.
Immature Manager
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2018
I truly enjoyed working with the patients and my colleagues. My manager on the other hand was young and inexperienced. She required additional training.
Pros
Community resource access to Memorial Hospital Training
Cons
Cliques; lack of professional boundaries/hositle work environment
Fast Paced Enviornment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 9, 2018
The Children's Clinic is a very fast paced environment. There is always something to do. Everyone works together as a team to execute a successful and effective day at work. It can be a bit overwhelming at times, but the children we cater to makes all the hard work, worth it.
It was a very good place to work but management wasn’t so great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoy working there they were very flexible when I needed time off I learned a lot here in this clinic my skills grew more co workers were greAt . Great flow learned specialty eye clinic
Pros
Cons
Management not so great
Loved this job
Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 24, 2018
My favorite job that I've ever had. I enjoy working alone, so it was great for me to have a whole job to myself and not have to worry about anyone else messing up my work flow.
Pros
Work alone, 1 hour for lunch, paid time off
Cons
Not enough pay, fast paced everyday
Good luck
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78410January 19, 2018
The easiest thing you'll ever do, but people will push your button, you have to learn to handle the current situation. You will always be on a call, phones are constant.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Have to work weekends at least once a month
wonderful job
Medical Records Scanner (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with them. I was unfortunate to have to leave. I would return if i was asked.A family friendly environment. It also was close to my home and childcare.
Pros
job description
Cons
temporary
The Children's Clinic
Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJanuary 18, 2018
The Children's Clinic is the outpatient component of the Cutchins Programs for Children and Families. The clinical team focuses on long-term trauma and attachment work. The therapists on staff are all brilliant and passionate about what they do. Each clinician also has an exceptional sense of humor, which often comes with the territory.
well baby clinic nurse
LVN Supervisor (Well Baby Clinic) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2018
a new clinic was created to offer parents of newborns-18 months a separate clinic away from the sick clinic. longer appointments with physician and follow up calls with lab results
Exciting place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Very friendly and family oriented. I learned a lot from being there 5 years and was able to take that knowledge and skills with me when I came to my current job.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of love
Benefits
Great Dr's to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed taking care of kids. The typical work day was long and tiring very fast paced. The hardest part of the job was long hours on my feel, but sometime the main Dr would get us surprises like food or drinks.
Pros
Surprises
Cons
Long hours on my feet not much breaks
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 2, 2017
The staff at the time I was there were wonderful people, some of them I'm still in contact with. I worked closely with nurses and physicians. On a typical day I released documents, I scanned into EMR and answered questions from patients and I often covered the switch board for regular switch board operator. I filed documents, I retrieved charts from off site facility, The hardest part of that job was trying to get everything done in a timely manner, there was a lot to do. I managed very well. My manager at the time was a very good manager.
Pros
The staff and Physicians are great
Cons
commute
Poor management
CMA (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Fast paced clinic with wonderful patients and parents. The doctors are amazing and very helpful but management is uneducated and unsympathetic to family and employee concerns.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No equality
Tcc
Front Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 8, 2017
It is a very fast paced place to work, your schedule will most likely be a fixed one. It helps the community which is great, and what makes it a great place to work for.
wonderful environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 10, 2017
Busy, fast paced clinic. Amazing nurses and doctors that I was able to work with and under. I learned a ton working here and have fond memories of the staff.
good place to work
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 3, 2017
Starting pay for work is pretty decent here.
Easy place to work and learn. The most enjoyable part about this job is some of the people you met along the way. Hardest part about the job is the communication between clinics, everyone make up their own rules somewhere along the line that makes everything confusing for some of us.
Pros
Fun people to work with
employees matter
Patient Service Representative- PSR (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 22, 2017
love working for this company, pay starts off not as great but employee benefits are great and of course yearly bonuses are amazing. no room for advancement but not so bad.
Amazing place to work
Schulder, Phone Operator, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 10, 2017
The Children's Clinic was an amazing place to work. They always put their employees and patients first. They were understanding in any circumstance and felt more like a family than a workplace.
Excellent Doctor
Front Desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 19, 2017
Everything is good at this clinic. The doctor has benefits and he takes good care of his employees. Management is where everything is off and decisions are very hard to be made.