The Children's Clinic Employee Reviews

Room for improving skills and grow within the company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Typical day at TCC busy, goal is to get patient in rooms and treat them with good health care as it to D/C and have them come back to follow up appointment. Good working team and good teamwork! always helping each other and growing as a whole strong team.
Pros
GRATE Benefits
Cons
up to 3% raised ONLY
A really nice place to work...mostly
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2018
This is a large clinic "system." There are growing pains that are still being worked out. Some docs are friendly and wonderful, others have the God attitude but mostly normal for the amount of employees. Kids are always #1 here. Nurses and MAs do a lot of the same work here so get ready to work your bootie off!
Pros
Great people, salary is pretty good for a clinic
Cons
Drama, too much work and not enough support
multi task job
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  455 E Columbia st. Long Beach Ca 90806November 14, 2018
Enjoyed, the fast work flow, it was a typical day at work.
learned and gain many experienced

hardest part of this job, was communication
but i really enjoyed flexible hrs and days.
Pros
learn and gain
Cons
short breaks
Community Health Center providing quality, integrated, innovative and excellent healthcare to underserved patients and families
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 8, 2018
The Children's Clinic, Serving Children and their Families, is a mission-driven Community Health Center, which partners with patients, their families and the community to promote wellness.

It is a privilege to work alongside so many dedicated health care professionals and co-workers who are dedicated to the mission and to working together with patients and families to improve health outcomes.
Great Place
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 25, 2018
Great providers and employees working there. Pay not that great. Great benefits and employee appreciation is great. Management needs more training on how to treat employees.
The Children's Clinic was once a great place to work.
Medical Receptionist/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 20, 2018
I worked at The Children's Clinic for 17 years. Was very comfortable but was not going anywhere. Morale towards the end of working there was very low. They have had multiple people quit over the last 2-3 months.
Management recently has become bad.
I learned a lot from working there for so long. I did just about every job that a Medical Receptionist could do. Work kept getting added, but no pay raise.
I absolutely loved the doctors that work there.
Receptionist at The Children's Clinic
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 25, 2018
The Children's Clinic was a pretty relaxed environment to work in. The most difficult part was making sure paperwork got to whom it was suppose to reach. The staff were all for the most part a tight knit crew.
Tcc
Desktop Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 31, 2018
just a great place to work and thrive. I have been there 12 years and feel that I have grown and had a great time working for TCC. I worked closely with Stakeholders, and the Directors which have treated me with the upmost of respect.
Pros
great boss
Cons
not industry standard of pay
Average
Billing/Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
Started off as an appointment and check out clerk. This particular duty was fast paced since it involved a high traffic of incoming calls and live interaction with patients. Was later promoted to billing clerk until laid off in 2009.
Immature Manager
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2018
I truly enjoyed working with the patients and my colleagues. My manager on the other hand was young and inexperienced. She required additional training.
Pros
Community resource access to Memorial Hospital Training
Cons
Cliques; lack of professional boundaries/hositle work environment
Fast Paced Enviornment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 9, 2018
The Children's Clinic is a very fast paced environment. There is always something to do. Everyone works together as a team to execute a successful and effective day at work. It can be a bit overwhelming at times, but the children we cater to makes all the hard work, worth it.
It was a very good place to work but management wasn’t so great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoy working there they were very flexible when I needed time off I learned a lot here in this clinic my skills grew more co workers were greAt . Great flow learned specialty eye clinic
Pros
Cons
Management not so great
Loved this job
Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 24, 2018
My favorite job that I've ever had. I enjoy working alone, so it was great for me to have a whole job to myself and not have to worry about anyone else messing up my work flow.
Pros
Work alone, 1 hour for lunch, paid time off
Cons
Not enough pay, fast paced everyday
Good luck
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78410January 19, 2018
The easiest thing you'll ever do, but people will push your button, you have to learn to handle the current situation. You will always be on a call, phones are constant.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Have to work weekends at least once a month
wonderful job
Medical Records Scanner (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with them. I was unfortunate to have to leave. I would return if i was asked.A family friendly environment. It also was close to my home and childcare.
Pros
job description
Cons
temporary
The Children's Clinic
Art Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJanuary 18, 2018
The Children's Clinic is the outpatient component of the Cutchins Programs for Children and Families. The clinical team focuses on long-term trauma and attachment work. The therapists on staff are all brilliant and passionate about what they do. Each clinician also has an exceptional sense of humor, which often comes with the territory.
well baby clinic nurse
LVN Supervisor (Well Baby Clinic) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2018
a new clinic was created to offer parents of newborns-18 months a separate clinic away from the sick clinic. longer appointments with physician and follow up calls with lab results
Exciting place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Very friendly and family oriented. I learned a lot from being there 5 years and was able to take that knowledge and skills with me when I came to my current job.
Pros
Free lunches and lots of love
Benefits
Great Dr's to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed taking care of kids. The typical work day was long and tiring very fast paced. The hardest part of the job was long hours on my feel, but sometime the main Dr would get us surprises like food or drinks.
Pros
Surprises
Cons
Long hours on my feet not much breaks
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 2, 2017
The staff at the time I was there were wonderful people, some of them I'm still in contact with. I worked closely with nurses and physicians. On a typical day I released documents, I scanned into EMR and answered questions from patients and I often covered the switch board for regular switch board operator. I filed documents, I retrieved charts from off site facility, The hardest part of that job was trying to get everything done in a timely manner, there was a lot to do. I managed very well. My manager at the time was a very good manager.
Pros
The staff and Physicians are great
Cons
commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.