The Children's Home Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
long hours, stressful environment, money hungry management
PRIMARY CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Unfortunately, the Children's Home Inc has become an organization that cares more about their own selfish financial desires instead of the safety and care of its clients. Those that do care work long, exhausting hours, in a stressful environment, with little to no improvement in the client's behaviors or conditions. It has become more of a 24 hour day care center as opposed to a therapeutic treatment facility.
great opportunity
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2017
hardest part of my job was to balance home and work life. Learned a lot of working independently, ethical and moral standards, and became M.A.P.P certified
Great Work Environment with High Employee Morale
Family Engagement Manager/Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2017
This is a great organization that promotes a healthy work environment. The organization believes in helping children with mental health concerns improve their current situation and well-being.
Pros
Part-time available
Cons
Unconventional work hours
Was a great place to work
Jr. Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2017
This was a challenging but rewarding place to work. It was truly a home for displaced children. New CEO in 2012 changed culture from helping, caring organization to a money seeking holding cell for troubled youth. Long time employees who dedicated their lives to the home were dismissed or left quickly on their own accord. Turnover became overwhelming and employees just go through the motions now and leave as soon as …
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor managment
Worst ever!
Lead Staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJune 11, 2017
This is a horrible place to work! From the disorganized staff to the dangerous environment for the children and staff! Never have worked in such a horribly atmosphere ever in my life and I would not recommend this place of employment for anyone.

Management expects employees to give 100% each day, but everything goes unnoticed and your work is NEVER appreciated. The children in this program are not benefititng at all
Cons
Provided supervision to children in a residential setting
Resource Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 23, 2017
Supervised children in a residential setting in daily chores and educational development
Maintained and administered medicatiion to appropriate children
Childrens home
Case Manager BSW Intern 500 Hours FIELD EXP. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2016
Kinship is awesome! They need more funding! The atmosphere is team orientend, but self paced. You are on your own a lot. Do not fall behind :) Document, Document, Document!!
Great location
Cottage Parent (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 27, 2016
The Children's Home is located in beautiful Winston-Salem, NC. The sense of community is being rebuilt and there are a lot of changes going on right now. There is room for improvement and management is currently doing a lot to make these improvements. Management is working hard to make the The Children's Home an overall better place to be employed as well as a more suitable place to better the children of surrounding communities. Nice place to work overall.
Loved the company and the people
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 2, 2016
Depending on which department I was in my role would change. HR consisted of filing, charting, holding/attending meetings. Development consisted of flyers, planning events, organizing and marketing ideas.Clinical consisted of shadowing therapy sessions.
I will give the best of me so I can make work enjoyable!
Transitions Program Youth Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2015
For me there is always something to learn at work. I am an enthusiastic, hard worker and a quick learned person. In my current job, I supervise and coach groups of people. which gave me the opportunity to be a follower, team player and good manager . In my current job, I always received awards because I always do my best when I work with my groups.
I am very friendly and outgoing and I am very good at resolving problems. In my department, everyone has a great relationship with my because I am always available to help them and I always give the best of me.I love every job I have, because I put all my passion on what I do.
Horrible place to work!
former employee/cook/manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 15, 2015
Former employee at TCH in Baltimore
Maryland. The kids are disrespectful, the staff is just as bad if not worse. No backing and support from upper management. A pitiful 1 percent raise in five years!! That's because all the money goes to people who are either stealing and embezzling. The manager responsible for the kitchen, and the grounds has no backbone whatsoever and if you have a problem don't expect any support from them. They expect you to make 100 pounds of food for everyone with little wages and then want to question you if you have two little hours of overtime on your check. There are xmas bonuses and the health benefits suck. If this was your last job between homelessness and this, trust me it is better to be homeless because this aggravation isn't worth this mistreatment.
Pros
request for days off, free lunch
Cons
no breaks, horrible management, rude children, low wage compensation, etc
The Company provided excellant and exceptional management
Family Support Coordinator/Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaNovember 10, 2015
Great professional agency, salary was conducive to my education and skills. This agency is extremely caring and compassionate to staff and children.
Pros
great history of providing shelter to children in need
Cons
n/a
Not recommended at all...
Prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2015
Very bad working conditions. Unfair treatment from top management. A huge lack of supervision in the residential cottages. HR management uses questionable practices through the hiring process.
Pros
Free meals when working directly with minors.
Cons
Unprofessional management practices
Great Mission Poor Leadership
Administrative (Former Employee) –  TampaAugust 13, 2015
Working for this company can be very rewarding. management is difficult to work with especially at the executive level. The culture is one of blaming rather than solutions and are not proactive but reactive.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Low pay except for upper management
Good Company
Family Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2014
Good company to work for. Good management and competitive benefits
my favorite job experience
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 17, 2014
This was a nice atmosphere and I had great people to work with. my co-workers made the job enjoyable and the clients and families made lasting impressions on my life.
Pros
rewarding, flexibility with schedules
Cons
not many breaks
on the right track
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 1, 2014
they are very resourcersful but under new management and are struggling with balancing avenues of care
Great place to work with children in foster care
Primary Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2013
The Children's Home, Inc strengthens communities through programs that support, serve and protect children.
Pros
Children are safe and are apart of a family unit
Sense of community and caring.
Primary Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2012
I love the JCC. It always feels like home. Management respects and cares for their workers.
Rewarding job when focused on the children.
Primary Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2012
Lower management is unprofessional and coworkers have a high turnover. Very difficulty to establish a good working team.