The Children's Medical Center of Dayton Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very Friendly and Positive Atmosphere
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton,OHSeptember 11, 2013
A typical day can be busy but it is very rewarding at the same time. I learned so much there I learned how to do waive testing and processing whiched helped out so much in my next job.
Management, co-workers were very helpful and knowledgeable. Everybody pitched into help so it made the load lighter. The atmosphere is very positive and refreshing. I don't think I would have left if I didn't relocate. It is definitely room to grow and advance.
Pros
Everything was delightful.
Cons
No cons
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  surgeryOctober 10, 2012
i would never work there again they fire people all the time for dumbist things. the management should be investgation for things they done.
Pros
good, lot of overtime
Cons
drive
loved the children and patients
nurse (Current Employee) –  daytonApril 11, 2012
The overall hospital is good to the kids. The management is awful certain people get away with alot of things. The occurance policy is unfair. the schedule is not very truth to what you signed for ex. every other weekend but end up working 4 weekends in a row. there is constant sabotoging of your job if you do not agree with certain things management say.
Pros
kids
Cons
time off policy balance between work and home.
Loved job, management issues need addressed
Rather not display (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Dayton, ohioJanuary 20, 2012
I loved the patients and my coworkers but management tactics leave a lot to be desired. The constant threatening tone of emails decreased moral in an otherwise pleasant work environment. Every email addressed department wide concluded with "failure to comply will result in immediate disciplinary action", " will be reflected negatively on your evaluation", or such wording. Emails lost their effectiveness and generally left the entire staff feeling like their every move was under heavy scrutiny. The feeling of walking on eggshells was ever present.
Often, during busy times, lunch breaks were not available. Another such email stated that even if a charge nurse signed a slip that no lunch was taken, management threatened to deny and deduct 30 minutes anyway.
Pros
loved helping the children
Cons
management by threat
Loved it.
Emergency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 19, 2011
Loved the excitement of a trauma center. I felt valued and needed for the pediatric population.