The Children's Place
61Average

The Children's Place Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA36 reviews
Company isn't the best with treating their employees but WHO you work with makes the difference. The expect a LOT of work for the bare minimum pay. But this discount is great. After spending some years there I think i'm better off just getting the CP credit card, they can keep the discount.
A typical day at the children’s place was the store was always busy and customers making a mess. Customers very rude and upset about thing we can’t control
Working at Children's Place has been a great experience, I have learned how to deal with a group that really know how to work as a team and work together to get everything done.
A typical day at Childrens Place was always interesting for me you never knew what was going to happen weather you was going to be on the floor making sure the merchandise was good or weather you were going to be on the register greeting and checking out customers.
Very high maintenance store, a lot of product to go through not enough room in the store. The company could do more to remodel and create better store visually
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I didn't really enjoy working there because it was really slow. I more of a fast-paced type of person. This wasn't the job for me so I quit plus I had another job and was starting school.
this was a nice place to work as a seasonal young person. hours are good. Staff is mostly friendly. The standing on your feet is the only con i had. Other than that good place to work
A typical work day for a sales associate includes cashiering, keeping the sales floor neat and presentable, processing online orders, processing new shipments, and stocking shelves.
A fun workplace with great management.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not enough hours
Working at TCP was great. It was a smaller store so your co-workers became family. Everything was well organized. Everyone was motivated and willing to keep the store neat and assist customers. A great place to be.
Morning calls. Corporation but had a family environment. Employee discount was very good. First job out of High School and I learned a lot about time management scheduling and got a lot of support from regional manager.
Pros
Organized
It was very busy at times and most of the customers were very nice . But overall the management was amazing I learned so much from them & also the benefits were outstanding .
Pros
great management, great benefits
Cons
N/a
Customer service, folding clothes that children mess up. Discounts are good if you need to shop. Cleaning up is the worst. The hours were good but sometimes not
The store itself was great.The previous district and store manager were great as well.However, there has been a change in management which brought the store down. After I left, the new manager was not bale to keep with the standard of the previous one, thus, led to the store closure.
You get to form friendships and learn lots of useful information just as how to properly fold shirts and process shipment. This was my first job ever and I must say they do teach you important things that help out in the future.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
itrs a very demanding job and all your hard work its not recognized. managament sucks all mangers stay in their office pretending to work while associates do all the worm
Pretty high movement great discount. The customers can be disrespectful and leave the clothes any and everywhere. The store is kind of small. Great co workers.
Doesn't have much to say.. It was a good work place. I enjoyed working there.. The people were easy to get along with.. It was a good first job...
This was my first job..It was awesome...If I had the chance to work there again I will... I jus love the atmosphere.All the children that come in..The beautiful clothes .
A typical day especially on weekdays will be slow so it will give you time to do what you need to do. You will get a rush from time to time but thats ok. Hardest part of the job is to keep and maintain the clothes fixed and folded as the customers tend to make a mess out of our hard work. I've learned a lot where your able to grow quickly but that's only if you chose to. Workplace culture is fun, productive and just a down to earth place but you also have to maintain professionalism to your co-workers and customers.
Pros
you are known for your great work and effort.
Cons
benefits for full time employees, not enough of a pay for the job you do.
In the brief, I was working due short time because the manager, was
poor communicate and barrier with team at the children's place. I was working at the front store for organized and folds for children's clothes department. the environment was wonderful and role playing for kids.
TCP will work you like a slave but doesnt show any gratitude for your work ethics at all. They only look out for themselves. Management and Corporate will not protect you or even defend you if you're in the right about something but instead will fire you and never look back. Be careful when working for this company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K
1.1K
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight