The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 2,811 reviews matching the search See all 3,074 reviews
Positive Environment
Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 20, 2019
I go to work and do my job. We work as a team and leave as team. it is all about team work at the store. I was learning how to become a shift manager, but decided that is was a lot to learn in a short period of time and for working a full-time job and trying to maintain both jobs s the part-time job being evenings.
associate
NJ - SC - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ Myrtle Beach , SCJanuary 17, 2019
good if you're younger or retiring , only benefit for associates is discounted clothes. Pretty easy job, alot of folding with no folding boards. Nice staff
Fun and relaxed work place
Store Lead/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 17, 2019
Morning paperwork, fold and process new inventory, learned and stepped up quickly. Coworkers are most enjoyable. Management is fair. Workplace culture and vibe is good.
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 16, 2019
They’re very unprofessional and unorganized. The managers are lazy and don’t know how to properly deal with customers. Most of the time they all just sit in the back.
Pros
good hours
Cons
the pay
I do not recommend only if you desperately need a job
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 16, 2019
This place is perfect for someone who isn't looking for a lot of hours. If you want a job with at least 20 hours or more, this is NOT the place for you. If you're looking for a job with professional management, then you're in the wrong place. If you want to shove credit cards down every customer's throat, this IS the right place. The company believes setting high goals for credit card applications is possible, on a small island such as O'ahu. Everything is pretty much pricey, but I guess employee discounts help make products a little more affordable.

You’ll need to be managers favorite to get a good amount of hours!! If you get on their bad side they’ll cut your hours !!
Pros
Discount
small store
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 15, 2019
fold clothes neatly, ask questions if I need help the most enjoyable part on the job was doing cashier make sure the store was clean because I like cleaning
Work
DC CLERK (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 13, 2019
great place to work! I loved doing my job, Lunch breaks where fun and My co workers were awesome. My job wasn't very stressful and was easy to keep up with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 12, 2019
During my time there, It took a lot longer for me to get the hang of things and grow as a confident employee. I was left alone on the floor multiple times without the knowledge to do things. I felt uncomfortable working there.
Productive and fun and friendly place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 12, 2019
This company was a great place to work at. ALL my coworkers and bosses were awesome and understanding. Hours were pretty flexible. If you needed to switch shifts with somebody, your boss would help make it happen
Loved my staff -
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Hard working fast paced retail store.
Must be able to multi task, sipemy everyday. Push sales, credit cards- price changes at any given time
Customer service
Pros
Discount
Cons
Dm
Upbeat, fun, fast paced, friendly enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 10, 2019
Excellent staff, great customers, upbeat and relaxing work environment, can be fast paced at times, friendly atmosphere, breaks when needed, staff understanding when it comes to family emergencies.
not terrible
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Not a bad place to start of at, but the only thing that remained the same was the kind of work you're doing day-to day which was tedious. Most of the management was fine, but one of the assistant managers had a problem with taking her anxieties and casting them on us and had a hard time owning up to her actions. The salary doesn't make up for the extra 2-4 hours they ask us to fill in for when your shift is almost over. Don't expect much growth within the company.
Pros
employee discount
Fast paced
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2019
A typical day at work was fast paced you had to learn everything so quickly which is mandatory. The hardest part was closing and the store was a mess.
Pros
Long breks
Cons
Mean workers
secured and enjoyable
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 9, 2019
While working at Children's Place I have learned a lot about customer service and was offered a management position pretty quickly; However we are not paid enough for the work we do, it is very upsetting.
My first manager was mean but my second manager made working there great.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 8, 2019
The company should do better with how they treat the workers. I don’t like how they don’t work with you as far as your schedule. Things happen and things come up so it should be flexible schedules
fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 8, 2019
Overall great experience. awesome culture. good upper management. but in store management could be a little difficult at times .

work life balance not so great . long retail hours
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 7, 2019
I haven't worked there long but I had fun working with the people that were there and meeting new. I enjoyed helping clients and giving advice on clothing outfits.
Company doesnt care about employees
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 7, 2019
If you are not in upper management, you are considered expendable. You never have the resources to be able to support your team, the associates are barely paid above minimum wage, and any slack or gap at all falls directly on the store managers shoulders. Was directly told by the district manager to work alone, which is against company policy, in order to have payroll to complete projects that were last minute additions. There is no organization within the company, everything is done last minute, with no planning available.
Pros
Great ammount of time off
Cons
Healthcare, company policies and politics
day to day tasks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 6, 2019
The day to day things i do at work are taking care of the customers. keeping everything clean and ready for the next day. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers, how to properly do paper work, and how to be a good leader in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is getting to everyone that needs help all while staying on task with the projects that you were given. I enjoy the customers the most. I see different faces everyday and it brings me joy being able to help them even if it's only for a short while.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
bad managment
Productive, competitive work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Working at TCP is generally slow-paced unless it is the holiday season, place cash redemption, or back to school. During those times, the store is extremely busy. Management is sweet and understanding, my store manager worked with students' schedules and personal matters. Overall, the job is not hard. There is friendly competition with getting cards and the most enjoyable part is spending time with co-workers.
Pros
Employee discounts, flexible hours
Cons
No benefits for part-time employees, no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight