The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 15, 2018
TCP is a great place to work because they pay competitive salary and are flexible with regards to your schedule. They also have great managers who work with you to work towards promotion.
Pros
Flexibility
Every day is different and new
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXMay 15, 2018
My store feels like a family. We support each other and have each others back in our personal and professional lives.
In my 4 years with The Children's Place my overall retail knowledge and leadership skills have grown. Under my current store manager I have learned and succeeded at a multitude of retail and customer service skills; merchandising, scheduling, retail math, customer satisfaction, multitasking, task prioritization, and selling techniques.
In children's retail there isn't a 'typical' day. Each day contains new and recurrent tasks and challenges. One any given day I may use one, many or all of the above mentioned skills.
Pros
Fellow associates and managers. Interacting with children and their families
Cons
Recent internal restructuring and micromanaging from higher management.
retail/sales clerk
Sales Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205May 15, 2018
A person can succeed only if management is willing to train properly you get hired with a open mind on a job and at times the manager is not willing to see you succeed rather keep you for a short time on a task and that's it a lot of managers don't know a lot themselves but have the position.
Job was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 14, 2018
The overall company is great but the location I worked at was not so great the manager was not organized at all all. Would schedule me during hours that I explained I could not work because of school and classes and would all I the middle of class saying I was on the schedule and I was also not given many hours at all.
got my start here
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 13, 2018
Hard company to keep employees, they need to rethink their compensation. I loved the product and i love the environment. I learned a lot about how to be a successful top down manager, but they are lacking the work/home life balance.
its just ok
Manager of Technical Designer- Girls team (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 13, 2018
culture needs to change
too fast and too much pressure
a lot of last minute work and
many times to ask to stay long hours
nice talented people to work with
but higher management not that nice..
The Children's place experience
Customer service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 12, 2018
I believe at this time the work environment was very hectic ,they never trained me to learn the tasks given to me and it was a disappointment to be new and have instructions to do something without direction
Pros
Cons
needs to be organized
This job is alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 11, 2018
I would not choose to make this job a career. They do not give employees the chance to be promoted they would rather have someone with experience as managers, assistant managers, or leads.
Great First Job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 10, 2018
During my time at working here, there was a very encouraging and positive environment. The managers and my co-workers were easy to get along with overall.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Short Breaks
fun manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYMay 10, 2018
manager was great had a lot of fun working for her but other than that i will never go back to retail ever again cause its boring and i hate dealing with people
My time there was great
SALES LEAD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
I work at this company for a few years. I think what made it great was the manager that I had at my store. She didn't micromanage and allowed for me to be able to learn different parts of the job, even the parts that only she would be responsible for. This is really what gave me the needed experience to level up in the company. I know all the store don't operate this way because they all have different managers. Overall working here, you have to have patience. While they do hire from within, it may take months for a spot to be available in the position that you want. The job duties aren't hard as long as you are trained correctly. The management may need some work done to it. I will say the same for the loss prevention dept. Unless they have already replaced these people, the company may want to consider doing it now.
Pros
Building relationships with customers, flexible hours
Cons
Loss Prevention is a joke, working weekends
Worst place I have ever worked for.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MIMay 9, 2018
They do not care about their employees. They say they will help you with anything but get aggravated if you ask for help. Everything with this company conflicts with another part. Underpaid, little to no benefits, horrible environment, not worth it.
It’s a decent job
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Superior, WIMay 9, 2018
I love working for the company, it’s a quick paced environment, always something to do. Not a lot of full time potions in store. Very friendly people to work with.
Pros
30% off discount
Cons
Non benefits
Not a fabulous place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CO 80233May 9, 2018
-Rude
-They would all sit in the back while I was new and did everything
-I often felt slightly attacked
-They weren't helpful
-I figured mostly everything out on my own
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not at all worth the time
Used to be a Great Company
Visual Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 9, 2018
The children's place has had it's ups and downs, starting from leadership and to the lack of respect from the field team. Management doesn't look out for their employees, training is non existent and the departments do not mix well with one another. HR need to seriously be aware of what goes on in the weeds, people sleeping around, employees reporting other employees for stupid behaviors, and the management always afraid of promoting hard working individuals. Over all just not a professional working environment, but they do have a few activities throughout the year that make things fun and competitive.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
lunches are to be expected at one's desk, lots of over time requested from upper management
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 9, 2018
The children place was a relaxing work environment that had some benefits, mostly i had trouble standing for the eight hours due to the broken Air conditioner in the store at that time. That being addressed Working for this company was fun so i do recommend it for anyone trying to get some retail experience.
Simple and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 9, 2018
It was cool and just what I needed at the time. 30% off was super great. Coming to work was nice because I was never stressed out even on black friday. My shifts were short and swell.
Pros
calm environment, 15 min break
Cons
not many full time positions if you need full time
Great and fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 8, 2018
Loved working with children and parents on finding them the right size and outfit.

Abilty to assist store manager with daily routines and assignments for the staff
It is all over the place
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Taylor Center, MIMay 8, 2018
It is all over the place. People don't take their job seriously, the management is not the best but they are working on it right now. They have became more strict with certain things but they should worry more about people not showing up to work or putting their all into their job.
Pros
Discount
Fun and fast pace
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2018
The job itself was very fast paced, always moving all day. Long hours for management with 30 minute breaks that had to be taken in store. Staff was great and associate retention was good as long as you took care of your people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Children's Place.