The Children's Therapy Center Employee Reviews

2.8Job Security & Advancement
Work place culture
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJune 13, 2019
The culture there is high spirited and upbeat at the Center. Children are engaged and a lot of activities are designed to enhance their experience at the school. Teachers are fun and create a great environment for the children
an exceptional program with much needed managerial improvement
Founder and clinician of the Music Therapy Program (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJune 12, 2018
A beautiful place for family and children to learn and grow. The CTC needs to work on it's managerial systems. The turnover of principals and adjunct staff over the last 4 years has been concerning to see from an outsiders point of view
Over worked with low pay for all employees
OTR (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 15, 2017
This was a very difficult working environment. See other reviews on glass door and yelp. Hours exceed 50+ per week and work is expected to be finished on the weekends ( reports and IEPS) due to lack of paper work time. Very high turn over rate for all employees ( PT SLP OT and COTAs). Policy changes happen regularly. Benefits and vacation time are below industry standard.
Pros
co workers rally together
Cons
management style lack of competitive pay
Professional
Internship/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, NJApril 5, 2017
Friendly supportive staff. Knowledge of special needs associated with their clients. Creative and innovative approaches to therapies. Love working with the many children.
Pros
professional
Wonderful place to work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Enjoys treating a variety of patients with neurologic, orthopedic, and developmental impairments. Supportive group of PTs, OTs, and speech therapists that collaborate smoothly for optimum quality of care.
Amazing center for children with severe disabilities
One-to-one Aide (Current Employee) –  Midland Park, NJMay 19, 2014
A typical day at work includes carrying out all of my student's therapeutic and academic needs as proposed by his therapists and teachers. I work in a classroom of 10 students, all of which have severe physical and developmental disabilities. My classroom is the technology classroom, so every student has a communication device that is suited to their cognitive and physical abilities. It is a privilege to work at this school and I have learned so much from these students about patience, dedication, and ambition over the past three years.
Amazing team environment with constant learning
Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 2, 2013
I absolutely love The Children's Therapy Center. My typical day is 8am-6:30pm treating patients ranging from about 2 years old to teenagers. My sessions are either 30 minutes or 1 hour with medically complex children. Some treatment sessions are conducted with other children working on similar goals and social interaction. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork, collaboration and co-treatment between occupational and physical therapies. Treatment sessions are often conducted with 2 professionals to 1 child. Each day I learn how to implement new treatment strategies to increase a child's ability to communicate.

My co-workers are not only people I work with but they are my friends. We work together to ensure the best treatment for our patients. I enjoy helping, playing and interacting with the children each day and working with parents to ensure the strategies are carried over for the best outcome. The hardest part of the job is the volume of patients and the paperwork for each one.

Pros
Team environment, constant increase of knowledge
Cons
Large but managable caseload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Therapy Center. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Therapy Center Reviews by Location