The Children's Village Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good place for young people or people going to school
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 28, 2018
If you are looking for job while going to school or maintain another stream of income it’s ok. For young people looking for income it’s an okay job but if you are older and have great responsibilities to pay it’s not recommended.
Pros
Free lunch, paid breaks, versatile schedules
Cons
Lack of communication, low pay, poor management
Awesome place to work and advance in your carrer.
Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 27, 2018
Great leadership and pioneers in the child welfare system. CHild and family focused. There are always opportunities to grow professionally and offer scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate universities.
Fun place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 21, 2018
The time I was working as a temporary employee I met so many people and all of them were so nice and kind. It is a nice place to work and to learn new things.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Benefits could be better
So much for the other side of non-profit
Executive Assistant, Administration and Finance (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 30, 2018
My experience at CV left me with many questions about non-profit organizations. I loved the commute and the co-workers, but I felt that my responsibilities could have been balanced better. But unfortunately staff was limited to perform the responsibilities.
Pros
Loved the atmosphere and co-workers
Cons
Lack technology
Stressful
Limited Secure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 25, 2018
There is no team work. Higher ups protect themselves only. There is never enough coverage. You work many hours to just be treated like you are not needed
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Over worked
Interesting
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAApril 24, 2018
The daycare center really cares about the children. They allow room for the children to express themselves in stress free environment. They offer flexible care from ages zero to ten.
Pros
The children
Cons
Lack of support
It doesn’t help make ends meet
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 17, 2018
The staff doesn’t take the job seriously, the managers are not as helpful as they should be and there’s no set break schedule. And minimal reprocussions for unsafe conditions
Great coworkers terrible management
Foster Care Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
Still friends to this day with my CV coworkers. You become family because you spend so many hours together in this terrible place. Ridiculously Long hours, poor planning and lack of support from management. Several members of management aren't even qualified for their positions.
Focused on achieving its goal and mission
Social Worker/Therapeutic Foster Care (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMarch 28, 2018
The children's Village is a place that tries to service every underprivileged population it could service. their focus is to help all that they can regardless of their current condition.
Pros
Attempts to help regardless of conition
Cons
High paced and stressful
Training Department
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMarch 4, 2018
I worked in the training department at The Children's Village. I loved the team I got to work with and there were always opportunities for you to do more. I had this job while I was in Graduate school, so it was perfect for where I was at at the time.
bad management
former teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYFebruary 15, 2018
As an Assistant teacher i was doing the job of the Head teacher. She was alway gone , to an appointment or somewhere on her phone being loud and boisterous. everyday i was left by myself with up to 12 kids, once 13 because the daycare managed to have 13 kids in a room when there should only be 12 by law. very toxic environment.
The kids were great, i loved them. they called on me so much that it was driving me crazy as evem they knew that they could only really rely on me in that room.
Dont bother with management because its lousy. They director actually tells the lead teacher any and everything u complained about. once she said the lead teacher needed rest because it was stressful. i mean thats what she said in a meeting after i complained that she was out of the room waaay too much. then i complained to the director's boss and that went right over her head. I'd never leave my child at a place like that.
if you genuinely love children and willing to work through the toxicity then be my guess , you will make the kids have someone to lioking forward to see, and bring some joy to their life.
Pros
experience to take along
Cons
mediocre pay but its a non profit place so thats expected.
College Atmosphere
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 11, 2018
This is a non for profit company which means they do not have the ability to pay as much as other companies that are for profit. The campus is huge and it has a college feel.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Low pay
A typical day at work
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 26, 2017
Childrens Village is a fast paced environment, no 2 days are alike. Dealing with mentally ill, violent, detoxing, or stressed youth you encounter many many different personalities.

However you are part of a TEAM, and great management, eventually you will feel like a family.
Pros
Free meals, great supportive management, lots of skills learned
Cons
You can be stuck for the next shift, relationships with youth being discharged must come to an end.
Very hectic and hard to work environment.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 14, 2017
Order wasn't set in place. Everyday was different rules considering what management was in charged. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the individual respect and appreciate staff and excepts the support and help giving.
Cons
management
productive
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2017
Managers don't bother me , but it can be fast paced in regards to getting work done in timely matter , regardless if your organized , well prepared and ready to do your job duties. I feel the youth at the agency need to learn more , I feel at times they are able to manipulate every situation and get their way , which only hurts their future more
Pros
Time off and sick paid time
Cons
Long hours too many demands with cases
cv
Special Services (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 31, 2017
CV is a pretty good organization. it is a private organization as well. the pay could be alot better for the work that is done but there is advancement oppourtunities you can work OT and the kids there you can get attached too the environment for me is great stressful at times but what job isnt specially in this line of work
productive place to work
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 29, 2017
The Children's Village have great benefits for their employee and great opportunities to grow. When working in The Children Village you learn how important communication is, you learn not only how to work with the children but also how to keep a professional attitude with the staff and supervisors.
Pros
Cc
My time at CV
Foster Parent Advocate/ Recruiter/ Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 29, 2017
loved my position at CV. my unit was made up of some wonderful individuals. very diverse in skill set and knowledge. I was laid off due to funding issues. However the benefits offered were great and there is definitely room for growth there. the only thing i will like to see different is the work place moral improve.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
long work hours
ok place to work
Intensive Reunification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
Great CEO, lots of training, some areas of growth. The culture at the agency is large on equality, and respect. The agency is culturally diverse. There are many departments within the agency for employment, however there's not always room to excel up the ladder.
benefits
Cons
limited growth in some areas
productive and safe enviorment for the youth
SYEP worker (Former Employee) –  220 west 143 streetAugust 15, 2017
a typical day at work would be, coming in making sure that i clock in then walk to the lunch room greeting all the children that come in. we then take the kids to the bathroom and then water and we start our day. this job has thought me that no matter where you are or who you work with you always have to work your hardest and never be quick to give up. the culture in my work place is mixed it all different kinds of races who get along really well. the hardest part of the was working with the kids that have behavior problems or kids that weren't really comfortable. the most enjoyable part of the job was the supervisor and the syep workers.
Pros
free lunches, trips and activities everyday, great supervisors
Cons
short breaks, not really organized, too much talking less working