The Children's Village Employee Reviews

very productive but dull environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 18, 2018
my typical day at work would have been organizing schedules, making copies, taking phone calls, greeting those who enter with a warm welcome and waiting for my supervisor to give me something else to do.
Cons
Seriously this company is dangerous risky not worth losing what you have for them
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Security departmentDecember 14, 2018
Stay away from this mediocre company they are bad news and most importantly do not quit your job for these scumbags use them as your last option never put them before any of your prior obligations because you will lose them and lose your other obligations they sell a complete lie, its a contract you sign so if they terminate you because "they feel like it" your not able to retaliate and sue them for any compensation. Im just a college student trying to get by and they took a lot from me I lost my job putting them ahead of my obligations and school.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
Working weekends
not a career job
Security Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 3, 2018
it was a stressful job not because of work but the employees and management. too much gossip and also no team work everyone for itself coming from military this job gave civilian jobs a bad rep.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A fantastic learning experience for those seeking employment in the financial industry.
FINANCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 29, 2018
Working at The Children's Village afforded me a fantastic opportunity to learn from experienced managers who were excited and willing to share their knowledge with me.
Interview Process
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 13, 2018
I applied for employment at the children's village. The first interview went great it was with four of their employee's and myself. I was asked to return the next day for a second interview. The second interview was three candidates myself included and two of their employees. The following day I was sent an email from the company that processes background checks and the person in charge of my potential employment. The background check took 6 days. It's been 4 weeks since the first interview. I have not been offered a job nor has anyone contacted me in regards to whether or not they chose to go with a different candidate.
Pros
Amazing Company mission and individuals
Cons
No communication
Overwhelming
Caseworker II (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 30, 2018
Typical day at work is documentation, supervised visits and making phone calls. Referring clients to services, preparing court reports, doing FASPs, setting up meeting, and/or doing home visits. Very exhausting day.
Pros
Being able to travel
Cons
Too much paper work, not enough pay for what case workers due, too much due dates and little time to complete everything
it is ok nothing to much to say
Assistant Direct Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 28, 2018
it was restraints and sometimes very turned up. sometimes it would be great and success for the youth and staff. I feel that the company needs better communication and also more team work and moral.
Pros
room to advance
Cons
no team work
The director is horrible.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYSeptember 14, 2018
This company managers target people and than use staff to get information about staff. Not a very friendly place to work. The director of the Bronx office is racist. Since she’s been there 6 black staff have been fired. She faults them because they have to ability to do something that she can not. And that is have Children. The president of the company ignores the staff cries for help.
Pros
They are always feeding staff.
Cons
No support
Worst Place Ever
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I've never worked in a place so horribly run.

I'll give a couple examples:

I was being paid less, for a job I was more than qualified for, yet a younger, less qualified person, was being paid more, for not doing her job.

My coworkers were immature, and loose with the children, so when something bad happened during a fellow counselor's watch, the misdeeds went unnoticed.

Management treated the children like garbage. So did a lot of the workers.

The summer program has nothing for the children to do.
Pros
Kids were the highlight of the job.
Cons
Everything else.
n/a
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 31, 2018
I have nothing to say but that it needs to be shut down. management is the worst. co-workers are full of drama and they dont provide good or enough food for the children.
Good place for young people or people going to school
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 28, 2018
If you are looking for job while going to school or maintain another stream of income it’s ok. For young people looking for income it’s an okay job but if you are older and have great responsibilities to pay it’s not recommended.
Pros
Free lunch, paid breaks, versatile schedules
Cons
Lack of communication, low pay, poor management
Awesome place to work and advance in your carrer.
Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 27, 2018
Great leadership and pioneers in the child welfare system. CHild and family focused. There are always opportunities to grow professionally and offer scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate universities.
Fun place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 21, 2018
The time I was working as a temporary employee I met so many people and all of them were so nice and kind. It is a nice place to work and to learn new things.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Benefits could be better
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10458April 30, 2018
I love working with this company, I have been here 10 years and held 3 positions however I cannot understand how a person with 5 plus years experience cannot be qualified for a job because they do not have a Degree. It is unfair, this hinders people from growing within the company and the main reason why a lot of people have resigned.
So much for the other side of non-profit
Executive Assistant, Administration and Finance (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 30, 2018
My experience at CV left me with many questions about non-profit organizations. I loved the commute and the co-workers, but I felt that my responsibilities could have been balanced better. But unfortunately staff was limited to perform the responsibilities.
Pros
Loved the atmosphere and co-workers
Cons
Lack technology
Stressful
Limited Secure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 25, 2018
There is no team work. Higher ups protect themselves only. There is never enough coverage. You work many hours to just be treated like you are not needed
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Over worked
Interesting
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAApril 24, 2018
The daycare center really cares about the children. They allow room for the children to express themselves in stress free environment. They offer flexible care from ages zero to ten.
Pros
The children
Cons
Lack of support
It doesn’t help make ends meet
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 17, 2018
The staff doesn’t take the job seriously, the managers are not as helpful as they should be and there’s no set break schedule. And minimal reprocussions for unsafe conditions
Great coworkers terrible management
Foster Care Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
Still friends to this day with my CV coworkers. You become family because you spend so many hours together in this terrible place. Ridiculously Long hours, poor planning and lack of support from management. Several members of management aren't even qualified for their positions.
Focused on achieving its goal and mission
Social Worker/Therapeutic Foster Care (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMarch 28, 2018
The children's Village is a place that tries to service every underprivileged population it could service. their focus is to help all that they can regardless of their current condition.
Pros
Attempts to help regardless of conition
Cons
High paced and stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Village. Our community is ready to answer.