The Children's Workshop Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Pre-K Classroom Assistant (summer intern) (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RI 02920March 19, 2018
I loved working for this company, the staff was pleasant to be with. I loved how the rooms were set up. The work environment was very clean and organized.
Pros
Clean environment.
Cons
I see no cons to this environment.
Fun,engaging and relaxed atmosphere
Assistant Director/Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2018
I am very happy with my experience with the children's workshop, I have been with the company for over 10 years. There have been many changes within the company but overall have had a very positive experience. I have learned a lot during my time here, I have started as a preschool teacher and have worked my way up to Assistant Director/Education Coordinator. I enjoy the people I work with.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Play based
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Warren, RIJanuary 15, 2018
Your working hours vary from 6:30am-6:00pm. You will typically spend 9 hours working but an hour of that will be a break.You don't have a particular schedule they rotate.
If the number of children that show up are low, you will be sent home, so the company saves money. Extra staff means less hours you get that week.
They are very flexible with your schedule, and encourage you to continue with your education. So they will schedule you around your classes if needed.
You also work in all classrooms if your not a lead teacher, so a staff member needs to leave before you, you go to that classroom,so you basically work in all classes, meaning you have to know every classes routine, rules and children.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, paid holiday
Cons
unpaid lunch, unpaid snow days, low PTO, no annual, raises
Stressful and mismanaged
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO - Grant StreetNovember 28, 2017
My time at The Children's Workshop - Grant Street was the most stressful job I had in while and I am used to heavy trafficked places and have been in more stressful environments but as far as jobs go this was awful. It was dirty, kids were constantly sick, the pay was pitiful and the hours were long and there were no subs for you to call if you got sick (probably because of a child.) The management plays favorites and likes the cycle of drama as long as it is only entertainment for the ladies in the office. The hardest part of the job was the lack of time you get for planning and even if you DO plan, the plan gets changed without your knowledge.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No break room or time away from the kids
Fun, busy, exciting work environment
Assistant/Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 21, 2017
Here a typical workday was very busy being in the toddler room. We implemented various parts of our curriculum every day to help foster their learning. We monitored meals and balanced indoor and outdoor activities as well as midday naps. I learned how to interact with children on their level and create a meaningful connection with them and their parents. Management overall was very good. The director was very attentive to things in the classroom and maintained a fun and welcoming environment. The workplace culture was positive and a friendly and safe place for children to learn and grow. The hardest part of the job was maintaining order in the classroom at times and interacting with parents. The most enjoyable part was playing with the children and watching them learn new things and grow.
Rewarding Job, Often understaffed
Infant Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RINovember 3, 2017
This job is for you if you love working with children and feel rewarded by seeing their love for you everyday. That part is amazing. The atmosphere is actually quite welcoming and relaxed. Of course working with children isn't actually relaxing, but at least the staff is.
Pay is what you'd expect for daycare - not that great. You do get paid time off though, which is unusual for this profession and a great bonus.
The hardest part of this job is that it's often understaffed, which means if you're the one there the work load falls on you. And it's exhausting to be on top of everything with multitudes of children and less staff.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short lunch breaks; low staff numbers
A great childcare facility!
Owner (Current Employee) –  Florence, MSOctober 14, 2017
This is truly a great business! All employees are treated well and the kids are loved like they are our own!!! This facility has recently partnered with Mississippi Building Blocks and through that partnership, they received some new furnishing and curriculum as well as coaching on how to best utilize these enhancements! This has really improved this daycare. It's amazing to see just how much these kids are learning!
Pros
free hugs from kids everyday, free and discounted childcare for personal children
Cons
no insurance
working with children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RISeptember 18, 2017
Great experience working with children! loved to help them in their learning process! Felt was underpaid for the work i was to accomplish that day.Meet some awesome people there.
Pros
Working with amazing children to help them learn
Cons
Management Unapproachable. Not great pay!
Fun, loving environment and you get to play all day!
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 26, 2017
I was fortunate enough to have worked at The Children's Workshop for two fabulous years. I loved every minute of it, wonderful staff, caring families and enthusiastic kiddos! I never worked at a job where everyone was so supportive and truly cared about one another.
Good company
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bourne, MAJune 26, 2017
The company has good intentions, it just needs more experienced management staff and a boost. Better pay for employees and better benefits would be nice, as well as wisely choosing staff that will leave a positive impact on families.
Wouldn't Recommend
School Age Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 16, 2017
This particular organization prides themselves with how they treat their employees, but reality is they are more worried about numbers and dollars. They also expect more from their employees without providing support or time to complete the expected initiative.
Pros
Working with youth in supportive manner and developing relationships.
Cons
Management tries to support but don't do a very good job.
Fun place for kids, but lacked in other areas.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 13, 2017
The kids were so much fun to teach and spend time with; however, management was lacking, and there was a lot of illness going around that was not controlled.
Great workplace
SCHOOL AGE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 21, 2017
I loved working here and spending time with children that I love. The company was a great place for me to start and I enjoyed every day. My typical day was spent helping students and teachers be better for families.
High-Quality Child Care with professional growth potential.
Director and Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 7, 2017
The Children's Workshop provides opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the field of early childhood education.
Great stepping stone & to gain experience
Teacher Assistant then Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2017
Great stepping stone & to gain experience. Its the ideal part time or temporary full time. Not much space for growth or advancements within the company. However, there are varies opportunities for personal and professional development.
Pros
Never have to take work with you home. Strictly leave work at work no more.
Cons
Can not take lunch when you want to, but instead when your told to.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 26, 2016
The staff are friendly, the classrooms are clean, the children are amazing and going to work is fun.

It is a family owned business that has many locations and the upper management dose come around to each location to check in, they are friendly and have enormous hearts!
good company to work for.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RIDecember 3, 2015
Sweeping up tons of lent and then cleaning bathrooms and then back to sweeping up lent and at times help clean up offices. Management was great always there when needed and co workers were good people too. The hardest part was constantly sweeping up the lent, and most enjoyable was being able to break at times.
Pros
working with all the great people
Cons
having to sweep so much lent all day long
Great Job with Great People
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  A Rhode Island LocationJuly 21, 2015
I started with The Children's Workshop as a Teacher's Assistant right out of high school and stayed with them all throughout college, working part time. The bond you form with, not only the other teachers, but the children and parents is unbelievable. It really was another family!

The review on here saying that they don't give raises is false. If you work hard and are committed to making a difference in the lives of those kids, you will get a raise each year. If you are there for 3 months and have a poor outlook and attitude, you probably won't get a raise... common sense! If that trash can was overflowing, why didn't the employee who posted earlier empty it? I guess I'm just defensive because I truly loved the company and I loved working in the center. The management team was incredibly approachable and countless times traveled to the different centers just to visit.

If you're looking to gain understanding for child development, have a fulfilling job, and love what you do- this is a great place to work. If you're looking to just get by and do the minimum just to get money- this is not the place for you.
Pros
Great Coworkers & Families
Amazing place to work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Central Falls, RIJuly 9, 2015
TCW (The Children's Workshop) is an amazing place to work. Very up beat and excited. I have learned a lot about the day to day development of a brain of a child. the work environment is welcoming but also very competitive. Parents are the hardest part of the job, each parent has a different outlook on what and how they want their child to learn.
Pros
Ability to advance and grow
Cons
Company does not pay degree holding faculty well.
workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJuly 1, 2015
this is what it is a workplace to come and work and go home the only fun you have is with the kids and even there there are so many restriction as to what the state says you can do. i learned that when you are at work to keep your mouth closed and if you happen to be looking for another job in the mean time keep quite about it unless you know the person you are talking to. I enojy working here but its an overwhelming drive to come here everyday i enjoy cleaning house more than i do this job, again not bc of the people but bc of the rules thanks to the state.
Cons
no paid lunch hour