The Christ Hospital Health Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hospital vs Network
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DermatologyAugust 9, 2018
I was truly excited to start working at TCH once I heard upper management speak at orientation. I thought to myself "this has the company culture I've been looking for". I was sold a place of openness, caring, and advancement. These were all just false ideals made by people who don't work for the specialty offices nor do they care what goes on in them.
Management is never seen, micro-managers run without being checked, and everyone is a mall cop. Tattle-tales are everywhere in the network offices. I thought perhaps it was only our office but its the entire network. I've never been a part of such a strange place.
Management is also among those allowed to run wild. Providers are allowed to treat staff as they please. In dermatology alone a provider has been allowed to run off 24 assistants, another has gone through 4 in less than a year. This place is ridiculous. 10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Management is terrible, providers are awful
Decent work place
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
It can be unorganized at times but it’s a great place to work. Managers are somewhat flexible and cares about your career advancement. Staff is very friendl.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Short staffed
Do not work here
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2018
I was a scheduler at the Family Medicine Clinic and it was the worst job I have ever had. It was unorganized, stressful and and ver unfriendly. The part about favoritism. You’re going to want to believe that. The charge physician there knew there was a problem but were like their hands were tied. I talk to two of them before they left and told them how bad it was and they were basically told me that I was right but they couldn’t change it.
Pros
Some physicians were cool
Cons
Everything else
quality care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2018
The Christ Hospital Health provides quality care to all patients. The physicians and nurses are exceptional. The staff cares about quality and the patients.
It’s ok
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 19, 2018
It’s an ok place to work. There is a lot of favoritism here and power issues. Some of the staff is very rude and no discounts for anything. Employees have no say.
Pros
Some friendly people, some good managers
Cons
Schedule constantly changes, favoritism, low pay, no discounts
Listen to the other reviews regarding management showing favortism.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2018
This was the second worst place I worked for. It was evident that the manager had her favorite medical assistants. She expected me to know things that I wasn't trained to do. There is no formal training there and if she didn't like you, she would write you up for something you may have missed that you weren't trained to do in the first place. When the hours were extended, they didn't notify the staff until the week before so you can forget about work/life balance. There were too many physicians and not enough exam rooms. The manager would also tell other staff members things about other staff that should have remained confidential. Even the patient care was about the "favorite" patients. Absolutely no professionalism. The 403(b) match wasn't great either. This isn't to speak about the hospital departments as a whole, but I certainly know that medical assisting in the primary care office was a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
Managment, the environment, some of the physicians, patient care
a good place to get experience
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
Christ is good to get some experience within the workplace. The management tend to be more flexible for those who are going to school for nursing or something in the healthcare field.
It's a great life long opportunity.
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2018
It's a great place to learn when your new. They have all kinds of employees who have been there for years that are willing to help you succeed. Its a great place
busy setting
Operating room staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2018
I work with great group of nurses. Physicians are wonderful to work with.
OR nurses are not permitted to take breaks.
Manager micromanages, and shares information about staff with other staff members.
Manager shows blatant favoritism toward certain staff member.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
manager
Productive But Shady
E V.S 1 Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2018
A place with a lot of work with little help always short staffed and never managed right,I was always exhausted leaving after my shift and management played favorites with the staff!!!
Pros
day hours
Cons
favortism
not great
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2018
Management is very one sided.
Benefits are horrible
pay is less than it should be
management expects more than what you get paid
management does not recognize good, only what is wrong
The hospital gets rid of the good workers and we are left with horrible workers
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks/horrible pay/horrible management
exciting
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2018
Great place to work, people really love working for this company. I learned new things in different departments. I enjoy working with people and patients.
not a fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2018
managers are under sodexo and they are awful . i would not recommend working in the cafeteria. i am currently breastfeeding my youngest child. they were awful about making sure i wou,ld get my brakes to go pump.
Pros
good benefits
RN on 6 south just a month ago. 5 star managers and co-workers
RN Night Shift (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2018
I have to say The Christ Hospital was one of the nicest hospitals I have ever worked for. I Regretted that I had to leave because of the long distant drive. Everyone was Very organized, caring and easy going. It is fast-paced but everyone was hard working and a team player. I felt everyone there was respectful and took great care of the patients on the unit.
Pros
Everything/ especially managers and staff
Cons
nothing/ just my problem with the distance
Horrible Management.. Favoritism and sx harassment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 23, 2018
People don't leave jobs they leave managers.. There will always be a high turn over rate and they will always be under staffed until they get rid of bad Management. harassment and Favoritism based on looks shouldn't be accepted #metoo
Keep looking
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Worst experience in my entire career. Mgmt vindictive, uncaring / plays favorites. Unbelievably stressful. Very, very high turnover for good reason. Colleagues were great, physician offices were great but not worth the anguish the project manager puts you through..
satisfactory work environment
Patient Account Representative (2 years) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2018
decent place to work-great coworkers. manager did a poor job of effectively communicating with her staff. adequate work flow, pay was decent. overall decent job
Pros
work
Cons
management
Nice place to work, but....
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Decent place to work, but manager does not communicate effectively with her team. Nothing else to say about this. Didn't like the location. Loved the food that was served in cafeteria. Nice selection and shuttle was always available
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
poor manager
Unorganized, unfair
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2018
I loved working at Christ when I worked on the Joint an Spine Center. When I moved up to the OB floor which was my dream job.. the girls I worked with were rude and hurtful. Instead of my manager doing anything about it and hearing my side, she wrongfully fired me. I would never suggest working on the Post Partum floor of the Christ Hospital.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Rarely got a 30 minute break.
Great workplace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2017
This was the best job because I love working is the hospital field being able to help people. And my job being the most important job to keep the patients happy is the best