The Christ Hospital Health Network Employee Reviews

IS&T Epic team review
Epic Clin Doc analyst (Former Employee) –  cincinnatiDecember 12, 2018
There is no workplace culture- this place is a dead end dog eats dog team environment. I do not recommend the IT dept for anyone that is looking for growth and overall enjoyable work experience.
Great people
Lead Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2018
I really enjoyed the people i worked with. The environment was quick paced and never boring, Each day brought different challenges that made the work day go by rather quickly.
Strong family environment, supportive and encouraging
Executive Business Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2018
I worked for the company 14 years before leaving related to medical reasons which I was given tremendous support, much more than I could ever expect from an organization, especially my manager. The hospital is driven to top tier outcomes which requires energy, passion and balance. The management is top-notch at all levels making employee and patient relations number one. The hardest part of the job was moving at the pace required to keep the organization moving forward in the constant change of pace and laws that come with healthcare.The most enjoyable part of the role I had was working with others and feeling like I had a family both at work and home.
Good environment to work, decent hours, pay and benefits
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2018
This Health network has many good attributes within the Cincinnati area. Office hours are available for all times. A typical day consists of seeing patients, working up the reason for visits, injections, phlebotomy if needed, working EMR EPIC system, assisting provider with in-office procedures, running in office tests PRN, answering of phone calls and making appointments.
Coder (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Nice place good and pleasant people to work with. Variety healthy good sold in cafeteria. Nice gift shop with good entertainment bookstore. Resources for different health information
Excellence driven employer
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Heavy emphasis on doing things right the first time. Management is about what you would expect--middle managers are average, but upper management is very good. A good company to work for.
Hospital vs Network
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DermatologyAugust 9, 2018
I was truly excited to start working at TCH once I heard upper management speak at orientation. I thought to myself "this has the company culture I've been looking for". I was sold a place of openness, caring, and advancement. These were all just false ideals made by people who don't work for the specialty offices nor do they care what goes on in them.
Management is never seen, micro-managers run without being checked, and everyone is a mall cop. Tattle-tales are everywhere in the network offices. I thought perhaps it was only our office but its the entire network. I've never been a part of such a strange place.
Management is also among those allowed to run wild. Providers are allowed to treat staff as they please. In dermatology alone a provider has been allowed to run off 24 assistants, another has gone through 4 in less than a year. This place is ridiculous. 10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Management is terrible, providers are awful
Decent work place
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
It can be unorganized at times but it’s a great place to work. Managers are somewhat flexible and cares about your career advancement. Staff is very friendl.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Short staffed
Christ Hospital
ACCESS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 18, 2018
Christ hospital is a amazing hospital but as far as working for Christ hospital they make it very difficult for it to be a place you want to stay and advance with.
Do not work here
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2018
I was a scheduler at the Family Medicine Clinic and it was the worst job I have ever had. It was unorganized, stressful and and ver unfriendly. The part about favoritism. You’re going to want to believe that. The charge physician there knew there was a problem but were like their hands were tied. I talk to two of them before they left and told them how bad it was and they were basically told me that I was right but they couldn’t change it.
Pros
Some physicians were cool
Cons
Everything else
quality care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2018
The Christ Hospital Health provides quality care to all patients. The physicians and nurses are exceptional. The staff cares about quality and the patients.
It’s ok
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 19, 2018
It’s an ok place to work. There is a lot of favoritism here and power issues. Some of the staff is very rude and no discounts for anything. Employees have no say.
Pros
Some friendly people, some good managers
Cons
Schedule constantly changes, favoritism, low pay, no discounts
Listen to the other reviews regarding management showing favortism.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2018
This was the second worst place I worked for. It was evident that the manager had her favorite medical assistants. She expected me to know things that I wasn't trained to do. There is no formal training there and if she didn't like you, she would write you up for something you may have missed that you weren't trained to do in the first place. When the hours were extended, they didn't notify the staff until the week before so you can forget about work/life balance. There were too many physicians and not enough exam rooms. The manager would also tell other staff members things about other staff that should have remained confidential. Even the patient care was about the "favorite" patients. Absolutely no professionalism. The 403(b) match wasn't great either. This isn't to speak about the hospital departments as a whole, but I certainly know that medical assisting in the primary care office was a nightmare.
Pros
Cons
Managment, the environment, some of the physicians, patient care
a good place to get experience
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
Christ is good to get some experience within the workplace. The management tend to be more flexible for those who are going to school for nursing or something in the healthcare field.
It's a great life long opportunity.
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2018
It's a great place to learn when your new. They have all kinds of employees who have been there for years that are willing to help you succeed. Its a great place
busy setting
Operating room staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2018
I work with great group of nurses. Physicians are wonderful to work with.
OR nurses are not permitted to take breaks.
Manager micromanages, and shares information about staff with other staff members.
Manager shows blatant favoritism toward certain staff member.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
manager
Productive But Shady
E V.S 1 Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2018
A place with a lot of work with little help always short staffed and never managed right,I was always exhausted leaving after my shift and management played favorites with the staff!!!
Pros
day hours
Cons
favortism
not great
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2018
Management is very one sided.
Benefits are horrible
pay is less than it should be
management expects more than what you get paid
management does not recognize good, only what is wrong
The hospital gets rid of the good workers and we are left with horrible workers
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks/horrible pay/horrible management
exciting
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2018
Great place to work, people really love working for this company. I learned new things in different departments. I enjoy working with people and patients.
not a fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2018
managers are under sodexo and they are awful . i would not recommend working in the cafeteria. i am currently breastfeeding my youngest child. they were awful about making sure i wou,ld get my brakes to go pump.
Pros
good benefits