The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Found 932 reviews matching the search See all 1,450 reviews
Difficult but satisfying
Volunteer Proselyting Missionary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
Good organization that cares for each individual. Gives difficult tasks but in the end, it is very satisfying to see these projects completed and you feel good knowing you did good.
Excellent
Director of Burmese Material Development (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 18, 2019
Great company who upholds principles of honesty and integrity but allows employees to work on challenging projects and receive fair compensation, all while working normal hours.
I just Work as volunteer
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MD 21029March 17, 2019
I work here as volunteer, Where student in Wilde Lake High. I have go to Church do the job. The job was so easy Because I need the 75 hours to finish... ..
generally positive experience
Data Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2019
Great environment, good people - though many are coasting, purposeful work, good benefits, poor pay, very hierarchical, unclear promotional path, lacked best resources but always was supplied with sufficient resources.
Pros
Great Environment, Benefits, Cafeteria, Meaningful Work
Cons
Pay, Dress Code
Great environment.
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 12, 2019
This is a great place to work and a great place to be. Working for them will lift your spirits and bring happiness to your day. It can be draining, but it is always worth it.
Amazing place to work
Ensign Magazine Editorial Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 8, 2019
I really loved working as an intern here. They trusted me to work on my own projects and listened when I had suggestions and questions. I felt like I really gained experience that I could use after my internship.
Pros
Nice gym, amazing people to work with
Very dedicated to their goal.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2019
It was fun serving as a missionary for 18 months. You meet many amazing people, and everyone is focused on the same goal, which is to bring others closer to God and serve those around us. We all worked hard, but we had fun and I loved it. My favorite part was meeting new people and teaching them the gospel. The hardest part was being rejected at the door often by people who didn't want to learn about the gospel and working with new people I have never met before. Although working with new people was hard, I learned so much from every person I worked with.
Fair employment and great benefits
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2019
Working while buildings were closed were nice, because a headphone was allowed in one ear, and you could listen to music or podcasts.

The job was fair, and accommodating. The benefits are amazing, and give you plenty of options for any sort of medical care.
Pros
Benefits were great.
Cons
Membership of Church a prerequisite
Great Place
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 3, 2019
This was one of the most fulfilling things I've done in my life. There was never a dull day, as long as you were willing to work hard. I really learned a lot about my worth as a person and the worth of every person in a community.
Accepting and welcoming group
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAFebruary 25, 2019
The members and leaders are very accepting and supportive and work hard to improve the lives of other and encourage them to do positive things with their lives.
People Oriented and family friendly
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2019
It was always a fun and inspiring day to day experience, filled with laughter, enlightenment and enthusiasm.Yet every day was far more different than the last, it was worth while.
Life changing
LDS Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2019
Learned many things such as how to make a day to day schedule. Focused on peoples concerns and helped them overcome challenges. Overall the best thing I have done.
Daily volunteer work involving teaching and helping others
FULL-TIME VOLUNTEER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2019
For two years, I paid to do volunteer work for my church. I taught people, helped people with yard work, and worked with local volunteer leaders to improve the way I helped others. As an introvert, it was hard for me to speak up when teaching a lesson, but I know that I was doing what I needed to be doing at that time. My time doing volunteer work taught me how to handle tough decisions.
Pros
Losing yourself in the service of others, take a break from everyday life
Cons
Leave comfort zone constantly for two consecutive years
I'm no longer a member of this Church I have a different believe now
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Members of the Church are really great people,
it was a fast paced and very busy environment, we work on a volunteer basis no pay, no benefits, most enjoyable part was helping the members with their needs.
Pros
able to help others
Cons
no pay
Janitorial Review
Janitor (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2019
As a janitorial custodian I enjoyed volunteering for this organization. It was very rewarding and gratifying. Every member of the church were very supportive of one another.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fulfilling Volunteer Work
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day as a missionary includes exercising, preparing for the day, studying, and then going out to help people and teach them about Jesus Christ.
Awesome workplace culture
Technology Specialist, Germany Berlin Mission (Former Employee) –  BerlinFebruary 8, 2019
Very hardworking colleges who are focused on the mission of the church. The management is sometimes interesting due to the volunteer culture. But all in all it was a very good experience
Difficult but rewarding work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 8, 2019
I experienced my greatest victories and my greatest heartbreaks on my mission and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I learned so much and it impacted me to the point where I don't want to ever stop improving. From the time you wake up at 6:30 to the time you go to bed at 10:30, you're on your feet and moving, talking to people and planning appointments. You're driven by a love for the people you're surrounded by and your goals are set to reflect the impact you make on them. I spent two years and almost $10,000 on my time as a missionary and I don't regret a second of it. It's very hard work and stressful, but also blissfully rewarding.
Pros
Life-changing, faith-building experience
Cons
So much sacrifice, change comes with much difficulty
Volunteer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 1, 2019
I enjoyed my time as a missionary, I was able to help a lot of people. I enjoyed being able to work with people from different backgrounds and walks of life.
Well organized, and excellent in training and accountability
Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
I would jump at the chance to work for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints again if the opportunity presented itself again.
This Employer works extensively with its employees to help them achieve their goals. The Mission is the driving factor behind all decisions of the work performed in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Pros
The people you work with and the atmosphere in which you work.
Cons
Some times it is hard to work with volunteers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8
51.3K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight