The Cincinnati Insurance Companies Employee Reviews

i was only an intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
i was only an intern, BUT, i had a strong relationship with my co-workers. they all seemed happy, everyone was friendly and helpful. i would have stayed but i did not qualify for immediate rehire.
Pros
everything
Cons
typical "9-5"
Depends on What You Want
HR Leave Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 27, 2018
Micromanaging styles, crabs in a bucket environment, lack of communication on important items, lack of training and not very diverse. Benefits are okay but not the best. No moral compass and will terminate you for the smallest fraction. Not much advancement nor career improvement paths. If you're looking for a job to work and retire from then this is the place for you. But if you're looking for advancement and greater opportunities, this isn't the place. Your co-worker may be the child of your manager and their spouse is in the next department over. While the grandparents are either still in the mailroom or an agent. Oh, and the "free" stipend still comes out of your check...smh
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management and HR department
Nice
Lead subsidiary (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 5, 2018
Nice, stable company to work for. Good benefits and culture. Upper Management is accessible and listens to feedback. Learn a lot about the insurance industry.
Old Conservative Firm
Litigation assistant (Former Employee) –  ATL, GAMarch 12, 2018
I hated working here. This place still uses type writer's. Not a lot of diversity. This place is boring, very old school like the movie Gone with the wind!
Pros
Cons
short breaks, micromanaging
Best Job I’ve Ever Had
Loss Control Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eastern USDecember 28, 2017
The company is growing like crazy and there are a lot of opportunities for driven individuals. As a safety professional the loss control department really fosters growth and learning opportunities with continuing ed, and several tracks to pursue advancement whether in management or in a specialty developement program. Pay is great, working from home and making my own schedule is great, and my manager gives me just enough but not too much oversight, never micromanaged. This is a fantastic place to work especially in a field roll.
Pros
Make my own schedule, room for advancement, opportunities for professional development, pay and benefits
Cons
I have not yet found one
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 1, 2017
Productive crew. Reliable. team oriented. Excellent envirnment to work in on a daily basis. Advancement within the company. Professional co workers. clean
Productive and rewarding, family atmosphere
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 30, 2017
CIC is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed and positive. In general, management invests in career development, encourages innovation, and rewards high performers. I would definitely recommend CIC to anyone currently living in or considering a move to the Greater Cincinnati area.
Friendly people but needs updated
Net Developer, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 11, 2017
Very old fashioned work environment but strides are being taken to improve the culture. Compensation is nice and they have very good benefits for everyone.
Commercial large accounts department intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2017
i enjoy the work place culture and opportunities for advancement. I learned a lot of skills related to underwriting. Management was very nice and flexible.
Pros
Much better than major insurance companies!
Field Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  MidwestJuly 18, 2016
I switched from a major insurance company, and it has been a night and day difference! We have time to complete claims, and make up our own schedules. The learning curve is steep since we are multi-line, but each claim that comes in is different each day. Management is very supportive and makes their employees feel appreciated.

The downside is the learning curve since we handle everything from start to finish. There are no separate departments. It can be overwhelming starting out since training is short. Technology could be better, along with pay, but overall, it's a great company to work for. Many people average 10-20 years tenure, and that says a lot.
Pros
Make up own schedule, supporting management, company vehicle.
Cons
Lower pay, handling all aspects of a claim with no specialty departments.
Great place
Information Technology Testing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 11, 2016
This was a great place to intern for a college student. I was able to work part time and make a schedule that worked around my school schedule. I was able to experience the corporate world before actually graduating college. I had an amazing experience here.
Stay Away!!!
Former Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 14, 2016
This used to be a great company. Once one of the most respected insurance companies in the industry is now nothing more than a sweat shop that treats it's employees like minions. The accountants are now in charge instead of insurance professionals. Pay and benefits are way below industry average and workload is overwhelming. They want 1 employee to do 3 employees jobs.
Pros
Cons
70 hour work week
poor relations to its employees
IT (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ohioOctober 23, 2015
This company cares nothing about its employees. It's the same old rich man getting richer story. They fire people with Cancer because they've missed too much time going through chemo. You have to do stupid goals that don't matter because even if you avre them you won't get a raise.
Pros
Cons
never got to take a lunch
About average as LC positions go
Loss Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 3, 2015
Large territory with extreme workload. Prospect accounts take priority thus hampering your ability to handle the large amount of assignments in your territory. Falls significantly short in technology and report writing systems. The department has almost quadrupled in 4 years and is definitely experiencing growing pains and turnover.
Pros
Independent work schedule
Cons
Inadequate technology, large territory and workload
Good Company bad IT Support Service
Desktop Management Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2015
Company is a good work place.

Company Loyalty to Associate has diminished over the years but is still a good company as has their Claims service.

Human Resource Department not friendly to employee.

Insurance side of the house is very structured and works well.

Internal IT support is sorely lacking. To many Managers, Unrealistic Performance goals, Poor Management, Poor tools.
Pros
Subsidized Lunch on Premise
Cons
IT Support Services poorly Managed
Fun work environment, Good communication with managers and CEO and CRO.
Corporate Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 22, 2014
I learned a lot of coding in VBA for Excel, I learned how to query using Access and the Essbase Cube in Excel. The managers were all very open to my ideas and questions. The CEO knows me by name. My co-workers were great to ask for help and included me in lunch and social activities. A typical day at work was spent working on my assigned projects, going to meetings, and meeting with a mentor. The hardest part of the job was knowing when to ask for help and when to know I could figure something out on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with other departments and learning about the company.
Pros
$2.50 lunch deduction, great and energetic work environment, open communication with managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cincinnati Insurance Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies Reviews by Location