The City College of New York Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Tutor
SEEK PAL Center - College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
Good job if you are going college at the same time. It was a part time job so they paid the minimum wage and the hours depended on how much demand was there for the type of tutor.
Nice place to make your home
Reaserch Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
It was a very nice place to work. I really enjoyed the culture and wish I could continue there for more time. Thats the way science goes I guess. Professors there seem to be quite happy.
Typical academic atmosphere
Lecturer in Math, Tutorial Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2018
It was a long, long, time ago. Things were very pleasant and friendly then. Free tuition. Students fun and all ages and backgrounds. Lots of campus events. Intellectually stimulating.
Peer Mentor
Fall Semester Undergraduate Mentor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
Very laid back work environment
Supervisors are very supportive
Hours are very flexible
Easy way to gain experience mentoring first year college students
Educational and Informative
Internship - Assistant Archivist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
As an intern, I find CCNY as the perfect place for students to gain both experience and understanding in the filed of digital design, advertising and public relations.
The Academy
Title IX Investigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
I enjoy working on a college campus. The atmosphere is hopeful and invigorating. I also enjoy the Title IX work because I feel like I am helping people.
Pros
Fun at a college campus.
Cons
Long commute.
N/a
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Not really willing to talk much about it at this time, as the environment is not completely great. Moral is currently low and job security is not secure.
Benefits
Cons
Work culture is abysmal!
productive
Department of Engineering, College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 30, 2017
I like to work with them. They are very friendly and helps in all kinds of personal problems and helps to reduce stress. it's fun working with them. I am willing to work with them forever
Good workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed working here for five years. The engineering departments are well organized and offer good education standard. The quality of research is medium to average. The HR and the administration is not quite good.
Pros
New York city
Cons
Administration not effective
It's nice to make a difference
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
It was nice to figure out myself and find my calling. I found that I am good with students and enjoy helping students succeed. Being helpful to professors helps.

Want to know more about The City College of New York?

Ask a question
The Staff is helpful and extrmemly friendly.
Patient Care Technician Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2017
City College has professionals and each Staff member you encounter is knowledgeable and points you in the right direction
This is a college in Harlem.
Tutoring position on campus, flexible hours, kind coworkers
Peer Engineering Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Tutoring at the City College of New York was a great experience. The hours are given to you based on your availability. Great management and kind coworkers that are also students within the school.
Productive Workplace with Energy
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Working at The City College of New York has allowed me to learn multiple procedures such as how an office works. I have learned many skills in the office such as the use of multiple applications such as Adobe Illustrator and experience speaking to other individuals over the phone and in person.

The management is excellent and they are very friendly and tend to talk about anything that may bother me. The management makes you feel like family and that you may be able to tell them anything, and vice versa as well.

The hardest part of the job is where we reach the most busy part in the semester due to either midterms, finals or graduation and we have an really high amount of students and faculty, as well as outside individuals to assist all while managing to work on our assignments in the office.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the employees who each are amazing in their own right. They make the workplace very easy and fun to work in and makes you want to come to work everyday.
Pros
Amazing management and co workers.
Cons
Could be stressful when the workplace becomes busy.
Good place to grow
DEAN OF HUMANITIES, NEW (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2015
Good place to grow and gain experience. Has good benefits as well. I like that the company I work for is not too paternalistic.
knowledge rich experience.
Archives Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2015
Directed at teaching college students explore all office running related knowledge, archives systems training to grow and develop extra Friendly educated staff.
A Learning Experience
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Been here for almost 3 years and have learned the insides of financial aid procedures to help students get the fullest of receiving the fullest aid to go to college.
educational environment is fabulous
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
It is a wonderful educational enviornment as well as a work environment. It has been a pleasure being part of the City College of New York,
Great Place to Wotk
Student Disability Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
The coworkers are friendly, very laid back, supportive team environment. Very easy to move up quickly to manager position. Direct supervision.
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and Less Intense Workplace
Becoming a mentor to guide new students (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
There are a lot of good things in working at the City College of New York, apart from meeting a lot of nice people, also the employer are really nice with the new hires, although many mistakes that are made by them. The hardest part is probably how to manage everything, from time to work.
Place to help others grow and develop autonomous curriculum
ADJUNCT LECTURER, PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2015
This position is something I like doing in addition to another full-time job.

The workload is sporadic - each teacher is given leeway to develop their own curriculum and assignments, so the workload is largely self-imposed.

A typical class day consisted of arriving after my other job ended at around 6, teaching for two hours and then correcting papers throughout the week, while planning future lessons.

The best part of the job was interacting with the students, who are exceptional and from diverse backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work in the time outside your other commitments. Also, the compensation is, unfortunately, far beneath what it should be.
Pros
Autonomy, job benefits like office space, lunchroom and student interaction
Cons
Compensation