The Cleaning Authority Employee Reviews

Great Incentives - Work Hard and Solid Rewards
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cary, ILDecember 5, 2018
I am not sure I have seen another Company try to be so honest. It is hard work. It is humble work to clean. But if you are reliable, you can be there everyday - they reward you a lot to do your job right. Large raises in first couple of months, monthly raises for just doing your job! You can get over $2 in raises in the first year and they tell you exactly what to do, offer to train and help you.
You have to show up for work everyday!
Management will really work hard with you if you can show them you can work hard and be there everyday. Bad attendance won't get you any favors.
Pros
Great Raises
Cons
Humble work
Easy hire proccess, and good money.
Professional House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 1, 2018
When starting here the hiring process went very quickly I was put on a team the same day to be trained, the training process was quick and easy with good direction for the most part. After finding out all the details of the job were not disclosed, it left for a lot of trial and error due to incomplete training. I always asked as many questions as I could. When put with different staff through out, not everyone worked the way the company trained their employees, which seemed chaotic. The biggest factor is that you are able to drive your own vehicle which is good that you can navagite from the comfort of your own car but, terrible in the case that it causes a lot of wear and tear.
Pros
Flexible hours, time off convenience, interesting staff, driving your own car.
Cons
Driving your own vehicle, no benefits, company budget complaints, communication of management .
Very fun and enjoyable place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 21, 2018
I haven't worked here in a few years but when I did I loved the customers and most of the employees. I was part of the management team. We worked together and for the most part I felt it was equal. The opportunity to grow is definitely there. It was an awesome place to work if you don't have small children. This job must be your number one priority for you to do well. They do have awesome benefits but dependability is the main part of the job. It is very hard work and physical work. Perfection is the name of the game in this type of business. The quality inspector is amazing and will coach you on how to improve your work. The owner is very personable, very understanding and sweet. With that being said it is still a business and must run like one.
Pros
Monday to Friday, meet some really nice people
Cons
Some long days, hard to get time off, use of your own vehicle
Great owner - love my coworkers and customers
Professional House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJuly 2, 2018
It is a physical job, but once you get passed the first few days and learn the order of operation, it’s great! The owner, cares so much about all of us, I even seen him getting choked up when he gave someone a raise! Consistent hours, opportunities, promotions, raises, bonuses. I was impressed when management followed through on everything they promised. Management is also great, and she started off as a cleaner just like me! I love my job, I love the people we work with and work for, we are lucky! So many great coworkers, new employees that we get to meet when they get started and even treats like pizza and ice cream sometimes!
Pros
Raises, bonuses, opportunities and promostions
Great palce to work
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work, loved all my coworkers miss them so much thinking about returning after my daughter is a little older. Everyone works as a team, always room for advancement I was a team lead before my 30day review and received a raised and got a bonus at my 30th day of working there!
Pros
Great management team
Cons
No benefits
Not a hard job overall
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 8, 2019
This job was not hard, it was physically demanding but once you get the schedule down it’s very easy. The relationships you build with some clients is just amazing, they will make you feel appreciated. Management is very kind. However you will most likely never get any time off that is requested no matter how far in advance. Also no benefits. But decent money to be made
Piece of Work
Certified Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 29, 2018
Management is terrible, Lack of communication. The work place doesn't recognize its employees with the positive things that they do. Instead they scrutinized them and make them want to leave and find happiness elsewhere.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Holiday Pay, No weekends
Cons
No benefits, lack of acknowledgement, poor communication
good but not great
Team leader/housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 8, 2019
long hours only for the good cleaners. hard to get a hold of cleaners once they are in the houses. no benefits at all and a lot of up and down. get looked down on for being sick or missing days due to sick family or kids.
Pros
great boss
Cons
no lunch breaks on really long days.
Depends on what type of person you are
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJune 7, 2018
If you are willing to put the effort, this company is really worth it to work for. Many employees have been employed less than two years and make $13-$15/hr. But, it is physically hard work. If you don't do a good job in the home a customer will call and complain. If you have poor attendance, this is not the job for you. If you don't take constructive criticism well, this job is not for you. If you have a negative attitude, other employees won't like you.
If you want a job that is stable, employees that are friendly, a steady pay check, a job that won't cut your hours, a job that lets you have days off, a job that does NOT allow terrible employees to skate by... then this is the job for you.
Pros
paid training, breaks between houses, you can request to work with someone you like, Saturday work is optional if need extra hours, holidays off, you can request pretty much any time off you want, you can get up to $1.00 raise every 6 months, customers are nice.
Cons
if someone calls off, the rest of the employees work later days to make up for it. Use your own car
Poor work environment
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 26, 2018
One of the worst places to work. No benefits no vacation or sick time or paid time off. The company just sucked. Worked like dogs and treated awful. Not paid well and no advancement in the company

Want to know more about The Cleaning Authority?

Ask a question
Great company, but not for me
Certified Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 2, 2018
The Cleaning Authority is honestly a great company, but it wasn't the right fit for me. The management was great and so were my coworkers, it was very easy to become friends with everyone. The issue I had was mainly the amount of driving I had to do and the fact that I was never fairly compensated for it. The way they split the pay rate ($10-12 in house, $8.25 while preparing/driving) made it very difficult to tell if I was being paid fairly, but after reviewing my checks and comparing them to my partner (who literally worked the EXACT same hours as me), I realized something was off. The other problem I had wasn't necessarily the company's fault, but I'm still going to include it. The customers I cleaned for were TERRIBLE. Most of them were rude and treated us like we were less than human simply because we clean houses for a living. The majority of the customers are rich, privileged people who think they're better than everyone else and I was honestly tired of having to deal with them. Like I said, I don't blame the company itself for this issue, but thought I should include it to let people who are interested in the job know what they're going to experience.
Pros
Great hours and pay, friendly managers/coworkers, easy work
Cons
A lot of driving, unfair compensation for mileage, rude customers
Never again, do not work here
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2019
I did everything almost right for still being on training and it wasn’t even my full two weeks. I switched a lot and never had a problem. I am also pregnant and I was pregnant working there having me breathing in chemical that is worst than bleach and didn’t care. That pay checks were less than my last job and I got paid less at my other job. If you miss a day or have to call off they will less your pay during that week. I got a text message explaining why I was fired, which made no since when I picked up a coworkers slack that was there a lot longer than me and I was the one that got fired. I’m honestly not mad that I was fired cause it wasn’t worth it, it’s the point where they were very unprofessional and lied. Someone can easliy steal your social. The manager wouldn’t even talk to me about the details of me being fired. He took one side of a story not asking others and fired me.
Pros
Don’t work weekends
Cons
Management, pay, everything
Stressful environment
Cleaner ( Aug 20009 (Former Employee) –  Woodbine, MDSeptember 1, 2018
Very bad company to work for in my opinion. They do not care one bit for their employees. You are poorly compensated and they do not offer any type of benefits to their employees
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Do not recomend
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXAugust 3, 2018
This job is not what it seems the management is not professional and the work is too much for the pay and they don't tell you your salary is higher in houses and minimum in between
i enjoyed the clients we cleaned for
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17111June 8, 2018
was a fun work environment with a fast passed cleaningroutine.

Rate this company
*required
Overall rating*
Seems promising at first
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 8, 2019
Working here as been one of the worst jobs I have had. There is no balance from work and life - the manager will call and text you into all hours of the night or weekend. you work really hard and do not get paid well at all and the manager is not honest about how or how much he pays the employees. He refuses to pay for certain time spent at work, you do not get breaks (and certainly never paid breaks) it is a scattered unorganized job. Very Stressful. The ad says you'll make around 450-500 dollars a week...even working every day and long hours, you are lucky to break 300 if that.
Lies about pay on job posting
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOFebruary 1, 2018
The job itself is very stressful on your body because you are physically cleaning for 7 hours straight, the only “break” you get is traveling between houses.
When I found their job posting it says salary is $11/ hour and that the typical pay per week is $375-450. Now all a sudden the pay has changed to $400-450 a week! What a lie to get people hired. They have a high turn over rate which is probably why they post the pay that they do. Also, you only earn $11 for actual in home cleaning, when you are driving between houses you get minimum wage. AND, you will only make $11 an hour IF you show up to every shift and on time otherwise you are deducted $2 out of your pay for the entire week.
I feel this company is unethical about their pay.
Pros
Getting to see different homes
Cons
No benefits; low income, no advancement
Very unprofessional and disrespectful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 14, 2019
I worked here for a couple months and the training was unorganized. The manager was rude, disrespectful and racist. What they do not tell you in the hiring process or in ur orientation is that if you miss out on one day because of a family emergency or any reason at all your pay is deducted to minimum wage.
Pros
Very long hours
Cons
Management, pay and environment
Fast paced and rewarding work enviornment
Team Leader/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMay 27, 2018
Although it is a faced paced enviornment, hard work and commitment to the company is quickly recognized. Steady advancement and compensation are provided.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
no specific clock out time
Fast paced, yet stressful and cut throat
INSPECTOR/OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Freeport, MEJanuary 15, 2018
Owner manager is unfair with promotion opportunities, poor training for such opportunities, poor communication. Job would have been ideal if many employees didnt feel that they were being promoted/favored for their personal appearance. Many claims in the past. I was replaced with a younger flirtier, less qualified young lady. And had no reason to believe I was on the line. I had good employees fired for small discrepancys and pretty girls kept even with very large discrepancys. If managed properly this would be a terrific place to work. Terrific hours. Pay could be better for the wear and tear on your body and your vehicle. Medical should be included because of aches and pains.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor pay, No benefits, Unfair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cleaning Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight