The Cleaning Authority

Found 1,023 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,078 reviews

The Cleaning Authority insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Okay if you need an income while looking for better work

Constantly hiring due to firing people/ people quitting. Pay is inconsistent and you loose pay if your team mate dose poor work. Your health isn't important and management wont approve time off if you have a Dr.'s appointment outside of the time slots they allotted you. If you get injured whether it's during the job on your free time, 98% of injuries are ground for immediate termination. Can work anywhere between 4-10 hours. Your lunch break is the time it takes to travel between customers homes which is either 5-60 minutes apart. Very poor management. When I worked there they had us begging the customers to go on google and give the company 5 stars, because they had lost more than half of their customers during the pandemic, most of which actually switched to a different company. A lot of customer complaints came from how rude management was so they would complain to the team members and have us notify management of the issues they were experiencing,

Na

Customers can be rude and your schedule is never guaranteed due to customers canceling , and even though it says 600 plus tip you don’t make 600 unless your working all day and even though you may feel like it the money does not add up

Pros

Tips

Cons

Not guaranteed

Overall Great. But it's hard work

Typical hours are 8:00-5:00 pm. Most teams back between 3:30-4:30. Sometimes you can work past 5:00 pm if other workers do not show up last minute. If a team runs behind and you get done early, they will ask you to help another team which can kinda stink, but if your team runs behind, you'd want someone to come help you. Other employees are nice. Management is nice and works with you if you have a situation you need help with. Raises are every 6 months, ranging from .25-$1.50, but you have to be really good to get the $1.50. You get holidays off, and holiday pay if you are there the week before and after the holiday. The hardest part of the job is relying on yourself and your partner to do what is expected. There is nobody watching you, or making you do everything. It's up to you, if your partner doesn't do what they're supposed to do, it can get annoying. The most enjoyable part of the job is the nice customers, the nice customers. Office posts what nice things customers say about you which is nice to see.

Pros

Nice customers, nice coworkers, Holiday pay, Vacation time, Schedule days off

Cons

Drive your own car, don't offer health insurance

Felt good cleaning people's homes that needed help

The cleaning authority was a tough job physically. Management wasn't fair at times. You didn't have a lunch break. They expected you to eat in your car in between houses.

Pros

Helping out people

Cons

No lunch break and pay wasn't good

Draining.

Not paid enough for the number of houses you clean in a day can be 5-6 houses. Unsanitary.Old, outdated equipment.Can make you travel up to 45mins to a customer house. Houses are rarely close to eachother. Excessive mileage on your car that they pay you .27cents a mile for

Pros

Short work day, weekly pay

Cons

Not enough pay, outdated equipment, mileage will skyrocket working here

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great coworkers and managers, bad job.

The staff at TCA Spokane are some of the nicest people you will meet. At least, most of them. It is easy to advance to a Team Lead and Trainer. However, after that it’s very difficult, the office staff is pretty much set. In terms of off days, you get all major holidays off with a 3 week “blackout “ period. Meaning, if you miss a day of work a week before, during, or after the holiday, you will not get paid for it. Also, you won’t get paid for it if you didn’t miss any days until 2 weeks after that actual holiday has passed so your check is short in the meantime. It’s s decent job and I will always remember my time there fondly. however no benefits until you hit a year and even then they aren’t comparable to say Amazon, or another company hiring for physical labor jobs.

Pros

Great people, great monthly meetings, feel cared for.

Cons

Short breaks, manage own time, office sometimes not understanding

You don’t get the pay that’s advertised

You don’t get the pay that’s advertised. You only work two hours maximum and a house and you only work about three houses a day and you don’t work every single day of the week either. They offer bonuses but the bonus is 20 bucks and only if you get a perfect score on the house is that you cleaned. I quit a full-time job that paid more money because their headline and even in their interview they claim to pay 20 bucks an hour and then after I got the job and sign the paperwork did it say that I would be making minimum wage

Pros

There is none

Cons

The pay is terrible

Takes too long to get promoted and management doesn't listen to problems well. What you make weekly upon applying is a lie. More like 350-450 a week.

Pros

Free food.

Cons

No health insurance

Favorites

If you’re new you aren’t a favorite and won’t revive the tips other workers who’s been there longer receive so the pay is a scam and you’ll get treated like you’re 5 years old.

Cons

No Company is perfect, but this one exceeds all my expectations

I’ve worked here for just under 2 months, and have never been more pleased with a job. You work really hard but you are acknowledged for your work! The Managers are quick to communicate and make sure you understand the process. They understand that we are all human beings, we aren't perfect and they work with us. Also, The process for each clean is very straight forward and simple, easy to follow! Each clean works along the same lines and is very quick to get in the flow.Within less than 2 months, I have made friends and feel like we have a perfect work family going on. If you are willing to work hard, being efficient and having a good attitude, they will work with you, and you will grow as far as you are willing to push yourself to go!

Pros

Great Communication, Friendly Staff/Coworkers, Appreciation, No weekends, You can have a life!

Cons

Lots of Physical Labor

Jobs at The Cleaning Authority

See more jobs

Overall I like working here

There are opportunities for advancement once fully trained. Everyone I’ve spoken to so far seems to be nice and friendly. It can be a little stressful at times but the management team is very helpful and try to make it a little easier

I love my job

That ur time is NEVER wasted.. Ur getting every min that u spend there.. I love that I stay busy the whole time.. and that I learn something new everyday

The management is the best I have ever worked for, u appreciate them a lot and they appreciate their staff.

An amazing company with some amazing people. Hard work if you can handle it but worth it. Great bosses that communicate with the staff and work with your schedule and needs.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Less pay during travel time

great place to earn extra cash

good way to earn extra cash for a part time job. good people to work with and get along with. flexible schedule. always had fun during the day and loved having a partner to get through it with

Pros

schedule

Cons

hard work

The actual work is satisfying but management is what will tear the company down

The actual work is good most of the customers are understandable and nice to work with. But the managers and owners will be what cause the company to crash. Do not work with their employees will threaten and harass when you quit because of pay. Pay is definitely not what is promised. Not family oriented at all especially if you have young children. You don’t always get off at 5 and they push you until you just can’t anymore and don’t care

Pros

Satisfying work

Cons

Not promised pay management

Eh. It's alright for a short time.

It is an okay place to work for a short period of time. It takes a special kind of person to clean a house and they definitely don't skimp on quality. However, the pay is terrible, the management is alright but, the owner of the company does not care about the employees. He doesn't bother to check in or even answer phone calls or voicemails.

Pros

Nights and weekends off. Tips are okay sometimes.

Cons

Bad gas mileage reimbursement, the owner sucks, wear and tear on your vehicle isn't great, the pay could be a lot better, the people that they hire never stick around because of the toxic work environment, bonuses and raises aren't ever given.

Over worked and pay is 30% below the local average.

The job is the call center equivalent of being a cadhier with a line that wraps around the building twice and never gets any shorter. The starting pay is way below the local average and the insurance offered is over priced and covers almost nothing. I would not recommend working here. It's incredibly soul crushing with customers yelling at you all day, franchise owners yelling at you, and management yelling at you if you take more then 5 seconds to take a breath between calls.

Great place to work, with amazing people! The managers and women to train honestly treat you like family, and do their best to make sure you know what you're doing.

Let's be honest; you do not want to work here

I would not recommend my worst enemy work for this company. You will think at times that the management has your back and that you are valued, but at the end of the day you are only valued for how many houses you can get cleaned without complaints (i.e. their bottom line). The management does not convey any positive messaging you receive from clients, they only talk to you about negative feedback. They also are not concerned with your well being and will frequently put you in harms way. They have actually been reported to OSHA for this. Their promised pay is not accurate, either. I, personally, worked there for a long time and barely made over $500 per week when I left. I do not see this company lasting much longer due to their practices. The only good thing about this company is the clients you will meet.

Pros

awesome clients

Cons

lies about pay, puts staff in danger

Poor management. Poor practices.

They are poorly organized. The pay is unfair. You only make the $12 hour when you are in a home cleaning it. Most cleans are 45 minutes to 2 hours and the time in between your pay is decreased to $8.50. Typical houses you do in a day is 3 to 5. The management is poor. The owner is nice and the company has so much potential if the management was cleaned up and pay was made fair.

Pros

No nights or weekends

Cons

Management, never a set time of getting off, pay

Overall great place to work, fun environment

Overall I loved working here, schedule was great (monday-friday) typically off before 4 every day. Weekends off which is always a plus, just about every holiday off (way more than most jobs). You dont typically ever get 40hrs a week which sucks, but the pay is pretty good for a cleaning company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cleaning Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight