The Cleaning Authority Employee Reviews

No Professionalism
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMarch 15, 2019
The manager aka the boss took over this company about two years ago and still have room for improvements but not going by the policy. When was paired up with two workmates, they started to smoke in the company’s car and I asked them to smoke outside since I’m a little sensitive to smoke. They didn’t mind and did what I asked. When cleaning, they expect it to be clean with no single dust on things but that’s impossible and can’t catch every single dust in the air that falls. Also when I was cleaning, I saw my tow workmates sitting in the car and smoking/chilling for almost 20 minutes! It triggered me because we’re suppose to clean as a team, not you clean while we rest. When we head back to the office, I talk to the boss about the work mates and about them smoking. Apparently, I’m the only non-smoker and the policy is not to smoke in the car and by the customers home but he doesn’t mind his employees smoking. Okay not professional and that’s not okay!
Pros
Just cleaning
If you like to clean
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 11, 2019
I would not recommend working for this company. Very disorganized and no potential for growth. Management at times very difficult to speak to. Their scheduling was not flexible at all.
Pros
Worked in teams
Dont do it dont waste your time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2019
this place seems promising at first but in reality they lie.
management sucks they don't reimburse your gas checks suck 1 hour to clean mansions. nuts
Pros
you get to work in big houses
Cons
bad place in general
Great work place
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMarch 4, 2019
This job was a fast paced cleaning company. Plenty opportunities to work with someone new. The manager was very kind and easy to talk to. I only left because I needed a job on the weekends instead of the week.
Pros
Company car, Company cleaning supplies.
Cons
No health care
Great place!
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 27, 2019
The coworkers, management and the clients were very friendly and understanding. I loved working for this company. Yes I did come about have struggles for this company and clients but I learned to solve them accordingly. I do recommend anyone to apply here if they have an interest in working in hospitality
Best job ever apply!
Trainer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 26, 2019
I have been working here for 6 months and is the best job I have ever had! The bosses there have an amazing heart for the company and there employees I know from experience. If your looking for a great job and want to be able to spend time with your family on weekends and holidays and work with an amazing bunch of people and have bosses that are amazing and care about you in succeeding apply APPLY APPLY! I'd love to see you there! And so would everyone else!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing!
very stressful fast paced working enviorment
house cleaner (Current Employee) –  york, paFebruary 26, 2019
horrible place to work.. owner has no communication with employees or customers.. owner also tells all your business to everyone else.. you work long hours and your pay doesnt reflect the same... you never know on pay days if your check would bounce or not..
Fast paced cleaning environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDFebruary 22, 2019
We started at 7:50 every day and ended usually around 5 or 5:30. Was very fast-paced and had to pay extreme attention to detail. We would do usually around 4-5 houses a day.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
Bad
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 22, 2019
Management was bad. Owners yelled and cussed out employees. Absents were approved only if the manager liked you. The pay is not good at all considering the work a person would have to do.
Always Willing To Work With You
Started Cleaning & worked up the ladder (Current Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNFebruary 18, 2019
Typical work day consists of getting there by 7:45am, reviewing the team's book, loading the equipment & heading out to the assigned houses with your partner. When you provide good service, both the customers & the boss will reward you. Always good to get back & have a compliment waiting for you. The customers will tip you when you do good and the boss is always willing to work with you when you need flexibility in your schedule.
Pros
1-Flexible, 2-Receive tips, 3-Room for advancement, 4-Benefits don't pay the bills so hourly pay is much better than most
Cons
Not a glamorous job
Really bad, treats employees like slaves
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 16, 2019
They promise great training but the trainers need training. They are rude, and act like your boss while the real boss is oblivious. There are plenty of other cleaning jobs, don't waste your time with this.
The hardest part was getting down on your knees and having to clean a filthy disgusting bathroom...only to be told that you're terrible because it took a long time. Really. They give you what they call gentle chemicals, (soap and water) but some places are so disgusting that they need stronger ones.
Eleven dollars is not enough to be treated like an slave.
Pros
Cons
rude trainers and boss
Was a great job in the beginning but then.....
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Too much to say
If you are desperate for quick money, this would be ideal because they pay weekly. However your first paycheck will be 2weeks from start date. I worked there for a total of 4 months and it was torture. Lots of judgement, high school drama, babysitting staff while cleaning, customers are very rude, judgemental and will make sure if you aren’t to their liking they will complain. I’ve walked into homes where I physically got sick from how dirty they were. The drama is also super draining. Management is extremely immature and doesn’t offer encouragement. They play favorites and act extremely fake to you. Don’t allow for medical notes if you are sick. If you don’t stand up for yourself, you will get pushed around a lot. Regardless, if money is your intention, you can average about $200-450 there however they cut your hours and don’t tell you. They tell you houses cancel and they just give houses to other teams. They also create estimations that are completely inaccurate when it comes to how long you should clean a home. And then shame you if you go over on time. It’s a very stressful job and I would only recommend it if you are that desperate to say you have a job and quick money.
Worse Boss Ever
Professional Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEFebruary 13, 2019
Unclear policies, I was never in the same home twice in the four weeks I worked there, and I was told that we would be working overtime to compensate for the previous partner's bad worth ethic, and detail-cleaning all of the homes. They changed their minds last minute and decided they were paying me too much (for the overtime I was putting into the company...). Me and my partner got back to the office late one Friday. I said goodbye, have a nice weekend, he said you too and on my way home I got a text saying "don't bother to come back in to the office Monday."
I asked what happened. He said "you're too slow so you won't be working here anymore."
Story short, I got fired and as far as I know she didn't. My suspicion is that it was for company cuts, but what a bad communication ethic and the lamest way to let an employee go EVER. If I could give a negative star for the disgusting way they treat their employees, I would. I received no evaluation, was given a cop-out excuse, and absolutely no communication from management as to why I was being let go really.
Cons
horrible management, no lunch-breaks, pressure to do too much work in too little time allotment, forced to work overtime
Horrible Management
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 12, 2019
Terrible company to work for overall!! Would not recommend this job to anyone. Very unprofessional company. Fellow employees were all very nice but most of them are only there because they "need the money"
The Cleaning Authority
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2019
While working here the job I performed was cleaning houses and commercial buildings. Made sure that we cleaned the way we were trained and we also made sure we used the correct chemicals on the right surfaces. We also made sure we made the customers happy each and everytime with their cleaning. The hardest part of this job was driving all the time and putting miles on my car a lot. I loved cleaning the houses and seeing all the different ways people decorate.
good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 8, 2019
management is very nice and helpful. it was good for learning time management. I enjoyed not having to spend the day at one place. You get to meet a lot of new people and build connections with customers.
Horrible place to work
HOUSE CLEANER (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 5, 2019
You don't get paid as much as the ad says and you are either over worked or under worked. There aren't steady hours and you clean some awful places. Boss doesn't inspect houses before sending you to clean them.
Alwaus On The Go
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 1, 2019
You will be challenged and it alows you a lot or opportunity to learn and appreciate the skills of a manager. The Owner is hands on. The Staff is diverse.
Pros
Never bored
Cons
Not a predictable work day.
Immature management/staff
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 29, 2019
Pros
You get tips
Cons
Management, pay, staff, dirty homes, manipulating all around.
Good working environment quickly move up for promotion
Certified Professional Housecleaners Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2019
It's a great company to work for, face paced, challenging... Easy to move up with the company by showing initiative and taking charge. Best part of the job is reacting with the clients and getting to know how they like their house cleaned
Pros
Quick to move up with company
Cons
Have to drive own vehicle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cleaning Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight