The Cleaning Authority

United States1,351 reviews

Found 1,351 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,421 reviews
housecleaningweekendcleancartcapartnerholiday

Fun job

Nice company to work for They are there for their employees. It’s a full time job. You only have so many PTO days and that is ur paid vacation. Every time you miss a day of work you LOSE on of your PTO days. The way they do that is not fair at all

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Don’t like for you to take ur full lunch time

Ugh

Everyone is pretty much rude in the mornings.They would give you 3 houses in the morning & by the time you finished the 3rd house they’ve added another house

Pros

Paid weekly

The Cleaning Authority insights

Based on 1,598 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

bad pay, mostly good people.

They have a dog at the office that helps with stress. There are good people working here. But the pay is not worth the work, & there's too much drama.

Pros

dog in office, and normally dogs at the houses you clean. one of the managers & many employees are very nice.

Cons

work is not equal to pay. There is one manager that works there that is all drama, she will sabotage you.

Physically Taxing but Very Friendly

The jobs are fast paced and can get physically taxing, so it feels like you're falling behind when you first start. Coworkers are super friendly and helpful and so is management.

Overworked and Underpaid

Do not work for this company! Especially the Orlando location! We were overworked and underpaid. Management is underwhelming and you won’t get the amount they claim in their ads.

Unhealthy situation

Job was okay but pay isn’t what they say on here. There’s a possibly of making $600 in a week but that likelihood of the manager giving you the time and schedule to do so is very small. Times and home sizes compared to the price the homes owners are paying don’t add up for you’re personal work ethic and effort. Got very ripped off and don’t recommend this place unless it’s for a short while.

Great place

Staff is very friendly and inclusive. Monday-Friday job works well with my schedule. And holidays off love that. Some of the customers houses that we clean are awful but they tip well.

Pros

Holidays off

Cons

Mean customers

Stressful and time sensitive, no communication and or consideration.

It’s torture working there is a struggle, I’d show up to a house with a partner and the customer would turn us away because they didn’t know we were even coming thanks to our boss not feeling like communication is important in a business.

steady income. Not the worst job.

A decent full time job with weekly pay. Hourly Rate is manageable with the cash tips you may occur from time to time. Holidays are the best for extra tips.

Pros

Weekly pay, tips

Not worth the time and energy

*Hours do not reflect the check! Often shorted and they tell you it's your fault and they don't want to fight with the computer. KEEP TRACK OF YOUR HOURS. *Horrible atmosphere, everyone talks poorly about eachother even the managers. Then they wonder why they can't keep employees. Your energy is completely drained of negativity.*Huge lack of encouragement. If you don't do something right the first time you're treated v poorly. The people in higher positions don't encourage you to do better, don't thank you for your hard work and want you to stay at the bottom.*They go above and beyond to make sure you don't get paid a fair wage. If you have to leave work early or leave on an emergency you'll get dropped $4 for that pay period. *They promise full time but you'll average about 23 hours a week..yeah imagine being shorted on top of that. *They don't offer any benefits.*That 18.50 they advertise is very hard to reach.Don't waste your time here. Put your skills, time and energy somewhere you can grow and be appreciated.

Pros

Cons

All of the above

Decent employment

Work days fluctuates, sometimes we were out past 5. Got to build good relationships with customers, paid mileage and travel time. I didnt like the fact that they still use paper checks, it’s 2022. The communication between locations needs improvement. Before I left the company I purchased gifts cards through the company using my work points and I haven’t gotten them even after reaching out to a manager.

Complex

The employer dose not communicate effectively, they don't pay enough for the physical labor, they find ways to cut corners and paycheck are consistently wrong. For example not being paid for training new employees.

Cons

No healthcare

Harsh and complicated work environments

The lack of management was put onto the employees The lack of accommodations for personal life issues / requested time offThe harshness of the learning new cleaning methods. If not done correctly 1 time A wright up was already made. Then the correction is Only after punishment is carried out. Company is quick to hire and fire New employees Older staff got paid extra, special treatment and favored co-workers came first.

Great Place

Great place towrk. The people i work with are great. Owners & management are awesome. Most people cant handle a job like this-it's not for the weak.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

n/a

Flexible, helpful and professional

I enjoyed working at the cleaning authoriy, the company helped me grow in many areas, managment is understanding and insightful when you have questions. I Worked there for 31/2 years and I enjoyed it. its a great place to work!

Horrible

This was by far the worst place I’ve worked and I feel sorry for anybody still there. The management was absolutely horrible and speak to their employees like they’re sub human, the employees treated each other like garbage. No benefits, low pay. You’ll be worked beyond your limits and not see much pay off. Just don’t work here. Don’t waste your time.

Not a good work environment

The owner is terrible along with any one is charge. Power trips and greed throughout the office. Do yourself a favor and do NOT work here. I promise you there are better companies to work for where you can feel welcomed, appreciated, and compensated appropriately.

No pesky boss all day

The best part of this job is not having to deal with the pain in the neck boss all day long. I also enjoyed not being stuck in the office all day long.

Pros

Cons

No breaks. Rushed, terrible pay, no pto

Terrible Company

This company is not honest about what you have to do. They work you to death for little pay. You have to do a lot of traveling, packing and unpacking vacuums and cleaning supplies, multiple times a day. You have to use your own vehicle. This company is just not a good company to work for.

Self-motivated work place.

I liked working with the company. The faster you moved the faster you would finish your or get an extra house. Didn't have get to early. The people in the office I worked for for were very nice and willing to help any way they could if there was something you was dealing with in your personal life.

Pros

Free lunch at times and and bonus pays for work, being on time, and not missing days of work.

Cons

Short break's, and no health benefits

Poor Management

Poor management. Owner struggling to save company from closing. Cares more about money than employee health and safety. Turnover rate for new employees is very high.

Common questions about The Cleaning Authority

Answered by current and former employees at The Cleaning Authority

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cleaning Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight