The Cleaning Authority Employee Reviews in Frederick, MD

2.5Pay & Benefits
2.7Job Security & Advancement
Lame
Professional House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 27, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. Miserable and super unprofessional. You are over worked and can never get off on time. They have no respect for their employees and there family's and children.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Terrible job
Hard work, but poor management
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 27, 2018
Threw the two years of working at the Cleaning Authority I have had some good times and some horrendous times. The work itself is hard work for sure. And there is always something to be done, there is not a moment of nothing to do. The coworkers are hard workers and deal with a lot of pressure, not just from customers but from management as well. While some workers are outstanding from their cleans to their personality, unfortunately there are some that are hired that seem to still be on high school dramatics, that would be including the management. If you were to voice your personal opinions on how the day should have been to make the times they wanted, or had a issue with something, you couldn't talk to any of the management about it; at least not comfortably without fear. The open door policy is a big part of business and for their employees, and to hear others to hear and agree that you can not talk to management about their issues. When you do speak to them about any complaints or problems in the work environment; they either don't believe you, or they do not like the things you are saying, even if you are as professional as can be coming to them about it. In return to them listing to you, the very next work day the would take it out on you and make sure you to have an impossible outrageous day.. The management do not seem to care about your personal problems that effect work. While me working while pregnant, during the work day I starting to have a treated miscarry with very bad pains, and they didn't want me to leave the house I was in they wanted me to continue with  more... cleaning the house. The management is very selfish and only out to help them self to make sure they are leaving in time.  less
Pros
Weekends off
friendly coworkers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 1, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with but the management had a problem understanding that people have children and other obligations that sometimes had to be addressed.
Prepare to work a lot of overtime here
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 1, 2012
I honestly would not recommend this job to anyone who needs to be home by a certain time of the day, because this company is not very nice about letting you get off early. It's not sympathic to your life concerns and getting time off around certain times of the year can be a headache. Management leaves a lot to be desired, they desperately need to hire someone who can be in the office at all times. I don't feel they take customer concerns too much into account as much as they should. Job tickets need to be updated and they aren't and the directions to residences are frequently incorrect. The turn over rate at this company is kind of on the high side because of some of these issues. Now the work itself I enjoyed, because I like to clean, I like seeing some of the homes because some of them are quite nice. Prepare to do a lot of hard physical work because you have to do a lot of lifting, climbing of stairs with heavy equipment, and getting on your hands and knees. It can take some time for your body to get used to it. The pay is quite good, because you get paid every week, and sometimes customers give you tips, which is always nice. I hadn't wanted to quit but I kept having a conflict with management because I kept being forced to work with someone that drove me crazy and I couldn't stand it. I did learn how to clean a home properly from this job and it's made me think about going out to get my own customers and offering my cleaning skills to them.
Pros
weekly pay, over time pay, tips, weekends off
Cons
long work days so you don't know when you're getting off, makes it hard to plan stuff after work