The Cleaning Authority Employee Reviews for House Cleaner

Fun work place
Cleaned houses (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 21, 2019
I have been very happy at The Cleaning Authority. Love the hours, great work out and always busy! Love taking care of our customers and sharing my day with a partner!
Poor Management
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85024June 20, 2019
There was no growth or job opportunities. The hours we worked never matched our paychecks and always had to talk to them about our missing hours on the paychecks.
Terrible management
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 28, 2019
Terrible communication, alot of favoritism. No good benefits. They only pay the 10.00 in house, 8.50 any other time. They only pay 25 cent a mile. Management does not care about you at all. If you miss one day they take a dollar off every hour for the whole week. Management is very childish and vindictive. The worst company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Working and interacting with the customers/Sandy the owner is great
Cons
Everything else
Unprofessional, Poor Management and paycheck loop holes.
Certified Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMay 23, 2019
A lot of drama. All the women talk about each other behind their back. Management is rude to their employees (womanizer) and because of that they can never keep full staff (I have watched MANY women walk out of the office crying and never returned).

You have to drive your own car, yes you get mileage but they fail to tell you before you apply that your pay rate INSIDE the client's house IS DIFFERENT outside of the house (less $$)... if it wasn't for mileage the check wouldn't be worth the sweat and tears...
Pros
Paid TIme-Off and off weekends
Cons
Poor Management, Pay, lack of team work
Save yourself the headache
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMay 8, 2019
Trust me. Just don't. Overworked. Underpaid. Zero benefits. This place is a quickly sinking ship and the people running it are just drilling more holes...
Pros
Cons
All of it
Eeeeh
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 2, 2019
Theres no communication at this location. I didnt even know how much I was making while driving back and forth to houses until I got my paystub. I filled out my application & the next day I started. I didnt even do all my computer training. English isn't their first language. So detailed conversations, that are NEEDED dosnt happen THEN your just expected to know said details. Theres been plenty of times that I've walked into a house & the people home are looking at me crazy saying "I didn't know you were coming today." Like, how?! We literally got yelled at by a costumer & got kicked out there house because of that. Their equipment CONSTANTLY breaks down & they are good for giving you another 2 hour house at 4:00pm so you dont get home till almost 7. Not ok. 0/10 do NOT recommend.
Pros
Cute sweet animals at the houses
Cons
Pay, management, work, disorganization.
Poor Management
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 2, 2019
This place could have better Management & or Leadership.
On the bright side, I've learned how to thoroughly detail clean a house from ceiling fan to baseboard as well as how to be a Team Leader & taking the initiative to get the job done quickly but efficiently.
Bad Manager very conniving
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 24, 2019
Very conniving manager, very personal and doesn’t know how to mind his own business especially regarding personal issues. Very rude and sarcastic as well! This place is located in Exton.
Childish
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 23, 2019
A lot of the women their like to act like it’s high school and make up rumors. They will intentionally try to find something to make you feel uncomfortable. Others are amazing but say one thing wrong and it gets brought to management. The management also doesn’t try to help you. They act like they will but will talk bad behind your back. Horrible company to work for
Pros
The clients can be amazing
Cons
Too many to name!
More of an “out of school/just graduated” job
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHApril 22, 2019
Pay is terrible. You get paid 8.50 on road, if you have a 30 min drive you get paid 8.50 and 11.50 in house. 6$ prep time in the morning which is only 10 mins when you leave before the houses and when you get back. Can’t make a living on it even if you have children. You start at 8 and get done anywhere from 12-6. There’s NO work and life balance. You are expected to be there every day mon-fri and dedicate your life to them for the most part. You can’t go to appointments if you have any without being spoken down about it unless you put in 2 weeks notice about it. Only good thing honestly, sometimes is the clients and you get to listen to your music in the house with headphones and is the breakfast in the morning. It’s a full time job with part time hours. I wouldn’t recommend this job unless you are fresh out of school looking for a job.
Pros
Breakfast every Friday. Management is kind of ok. Weekly pay.
Cons
Hours. Pay. No benefits. No work/life balance.
Great work place
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMarch 4, 2019
This job was a fast paced cleaning company. Plenty opportunities to work with someone new. The manager was very kind and easy to talk to. I only left because I needed a job on the weekends instead of the week.
Pros
Company car, Company cleaning supplies.
Cons
No health care
Great place!
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 27, 2019
The coworkers, management and the clients were very friendly and understanding. I loved working for this company. Yes I did come about have struggles for this company and clients but I learned to solve them accordingly. I do recommend anyone to apply here if they have an interest in working in hospitality
Bad
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 22, 2019
Management was bad. Owners yelled and cussed out employees. Absents were approved only if the manager liked you. The pay is not good at all considering the work a person would have to do.
Horrible Management
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCFebruary 12, 2019
Terrible company to work for overall!! Would not recommend this job to anyone. Very unprofessional company. Fellow employees were all very nice but most of them are only there because they "need the money"
The Cleaning Authority
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2019
While working here the job I performed was cleaning houses and commercial buildings. Made sure that we cleaned the way we were trained and we also made sure we used the correct chemicals on the right surfaces. We also made sure we made the customers happy each and everytime with their cleaning. The hardest part of this job was driving all the time and putting miles on my car a lot. I loved cleaning the houses and seeing all the different ways people decorate.
Horrible place to work
HOUSE CLEANER (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 5, 2019
You don't get paid as much as the ad says and you are either over worked or under worked. There aren't steady hours and you clean some awful places. Boss doesn't inspect houses before sending you to clean them.
Immature management/staff
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 29, 2019
If you are desperate for quick money, this would be ideal because they pay weekly. However your first paycheck will be 2weeks from start date. I worked there for a total of 4 months and it was torture. Lots of judgement, high school drama, babysitting staff while cleaning, customers are very rude, judgemental and will make sure if you aren’t to their liking they will complain. I’ve walked into homes where I physically got sick from how dirty they were. The drama is also super draining. Management is extremely immature and doesn’t offer encouragement. They play favorites and act extremely fake to you. Don’t allow for medical notes if you are sick. If you don’t stand up for yourself, you will get pushed around a lot. Regardless, if money is your intention, you can average about $200-450 there however they cut your hours and don’t tell you. They tell you houses cancel and they just give houses to other teams. They also create estimations that are completely inaccurate when it comes to how long you should clean a home. And then shame you if you go over on time. It’s a very stressful job and I would only recommend it if you are that desperate to say you have a job and quick money.
Pros
You get tips
Cons
Management, pay, staff, dirty homes, manipulating all around.
Good working environment quickly move up for promotion
Certified Professional Housecleaners Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2019
It's a great company to work for, face paced, challenging... Easy to move up with the company by showing initiative and taking charge. Best part of the job is reacting with the clients and getting to know how they like their house cleaned
Pros
Quick to move up with company
Cons
Have to drive own vehicle
Easy money
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Cleaning houses is labor but being paid every week was one of the reasons I applied for the job. Its easy money as long as you work for your money youll be fine.
Great palce to work
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work, loved all my coworkers miss them so much thinking about returning after my daughter is a little older. Everyone works as a team, always room for advancement I was a team lead before my 30day review and received a raised and got a bonus at my 30th day of working there!
Pros
Great management team
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cleaning Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight