The Cleaning Authority Employee Reviews for House Cleaner

Immature management/staff
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 29, 2019
If you are desperate for quick money, this would be ideal because they pay weekly. However your first paycheck will be 2weeks from start date. I worked there for a total of 4 months and it was torture. Lots of judgement, high school drama, babysitting staff while cleaning, customers are very rude, judgemental and will make sure if you aren’t to their liking they will complain. I’ve walked into homes where I physically got sick from how dirty they were. The drama is also super draining. Management is extremely immature and doesn’t offer encouragement. They play favorites and act extremely fake to you. Don’t allow for medical notes if you are sick. If you don’t stand up for yourself, you will get pushed around a lot. Regardless, if money is your intention, you can average about $200-450 there however they cut your hours and don’t tell you. They tell you houses cancel and they just give houses to other teams. They also create estimations that are completely inaccurate when it comes to how long you should clean a home. And then shame you if you go over on time. It’s a very stressful job and I would only recommend it if you are that desperate to say you have a job and quick money.
Pros
You get tips
Cons
Management, pay, staff, dirty homes, manipulating all around.
Good working environment quickly move up for promotion
Certified Professional Housecleaners Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2019
It's a great company to work for, face paced, challenging... Easy to move up with the company by showing initiative and taking charge. Best part of the job is reacting with the clients and getting to know how they like their house cleaned
Pros
Quick to move up with company
Cons
Have to drive own vehicle
Easy money
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Cleaning houses is labor but being paid every week was one of the reasons I applied for the job. Its easy money as long as you work for your money youll be fine.
Great palce to work
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work, loved all my coworkers miss them so much thinking about returning after my daughter is a little older. Everyone works as a team, always room for advancement I was a team lead before my 30day review and received a raised and got a bonus at my 30th day of working there!
Pros
Great management team
Cons
No benefits
Never again, do not work here
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2019
I did everything almost right for still being on training and it wasn’t even my full two weeks. I switched a lot and never had a problem. I am also pregnant and I was pregnant working there having me breathing in chemical that is worst than bleach and didn’t care. That pay checks were less than my last job and I got paid less at my other job. If you miss a day or have to call off they will less your pay during that week. I got a text message explaining why I was fired, which made no since when I picked up a coworkers slack that was there a lot longer than me and I was the one that got fired. I’m honestly not mad that I was fired cause it wasn’t worth it, it’s the point where they were very unprofessional and lied. Someone can easliy steal your social. The manager wouldn’t even talk to me about the details of me being fired. He took one side of a story not asking others and fired me.
Pros
Don’t work weekends
Cons
Management, pay, everything
Very good for seriouse workers
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 9, 2019
It is a very good company. They teach you how to do your job properlyl Everyone knows how to clean but Cleaning Authority will clean what you didn't even realize was dirty.
Friendly Company
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDDecember 31, 2018
Been working here for about 2 years, friendly owners that care about employees and doesn't put up with co-worker drama at work. Gave us all pay increase right before the holidays and bonuses for the end of the year.
Pros
No weekends, paid time off and management
Cons
Occasional long days
Piece of Work
Certified Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 29, 2018
Management is terrible, Lack of communication. The work place doesn't recognize its employees with the positive things that they do. Instead they scrutinized them and make them want to leave and find happiness elsewhere.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Holiday Pay, No weekends
Cons
No benefits, lack of acknowledgement, poor communication
Great Place to work
Certified House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 6, 2018
Honest Management team... always has hours for me. Bonus program is great if you like to come to work each day. Tips are a plus. Very good trainers!
Pros
bonuses and paid holidays, vacation pay
Cons
hard work
Horrible management
Professional house cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cedarburg, WIDecember 3, 2018
Management absolutely ridiculous. Not enough pay, don't know schedule until day of, never know when you're getting off. Make you drive all over the place like West bend and then Glendale.
Pros
Not having someone breathe down your neck all the time at least
Cons
Unset hrs, hard for a family.
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2018
Not knowing when you'll be off or having a set balance for your paychecks are too hard too work around and as hard as you work day to day getting only 300 a week was kind of like a slap in the face.
Pros
It's a job
fast paced and fun
Certified House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 27, 2018
It was a quick but fun learning experience.Very professional an very clean and orderly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the reaction of the customers to their clean and well taken care of homes.
Pros
great experience and get to meet new people
Cons
short quick and eat as you go lunches
Poor work environment
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 26, 2018
One of the worst places to work. No benefits no vacation or sick time or paid time off. The company just sucked. Worked like dogs and treated awful. Not paid well and no advancement in the company
It’s a good start
House cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, even though I didn’t always work my 40 a week. The ladies in the company many were very nice but there was a lot of drama going on there, lots of complaining from the coworkers
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
Not working 40 hrs
Prepare yourself for hard, physical labor
CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL HOUSE CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 20, 2018
Your body is going to be worn out physically from this job, but compared to others where you sit on your butt or stand in one place all day I truly didn't mind. I had a great manager who actually listened to your concerns and did everything he could help you. He was a huge advocate for increasing our pay to try and match Denver's insane housing market, and providing us with as much paid time off as possible. The only downside I found at this job is that it can be unpredictable in terms of hours. It is 100% based on customer demand, so if a lot of customers are on vacation you may not get to 40 hours. On the flip side, during the holidays and other busy times you can find yourself working at least 10 hours a day. This was not managements fault, and they did the best they could to make sure hours were spread evenly among everyone.
Pros
Minimal customer interaction, tips, great management
Cons
physical exhaustion, unpredictable hours
Clean house
Cleaning houses (Former Employee) –  New Haven, MIOctober 9, 2018
Very fast paced job, have to be able to have a reliable vehicle and insurance on car. Have to drive to and from houses and Supply gas. You get compensated so much for every mile. Have to be a hard worker and deal with long hours of work.
Good
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAOctober 4, 2018
Fast paced environment, team player...a must! Gas mileage reimbursement if driving your own vehicle. Co-workers were good, everyone was goal oriented, and a team player.
Good place
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 1, 2018
Easy and only doing a couple of houses a day. Very professional work place. Understanding with their employees if they can't make it to work. Not cleaning the same house.
Pros
Help others when needed
Cons
short breaks
fun, relaxing, easy job
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 23, 2018
liked this job alot, would go back if could.

learned a lot about cleaning

management was ran good

workplace culture wasn't bad, everyone got along for the most part

hardest part was long days

enjoyable was easy, fun job, paid every week
Pros
paid every week no weekends
Cons
long days
Advancement
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Double check you have all equipment nessesary and learn the dos and donts of each customers home on how to clean it.Hardest part of the job is you cant go home till works completed.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cleaning Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Cleaning Authority Reviews by Location