The Cleaning Authority Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Terrible poorly ran
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 8, 2019
Very unprofessional management, they play games with your pay check, make u get there at 7:30 u get to a house by 8 but u dont start getting paid until u get to the house then u have to have a partner with u so they can split the hours up between u and the other person so your really not making any money.
Pros
Non
Not somewhere I’d want to work again but weekends and tips are pretty good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 21, 2019
I wanted to be happy here but the culture I strongly disagree with. The people are rude unprofessional drive unsafely speeding daily and hazardous. Unprofessional management you come to them with a problem they don’t want to hear it or find a solution.But weekends off weekly pay and holiday pay if is good.But definitely not good enough nor decent enough to stay longer.
Pros
Weekly Pay, holiday pay, Tips, Weekends off
Cons
Poor management, hours vary, stressful environment, Unprofessional
Maid Services (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMay 18, 2019
Is not bad work , the only thing a like is no work weekends and overtime. The client something has a complaint that the only happen in their. In this job you no have lunch.
Wouldn't recommend working for this company!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 11, 2019
Management is terrible. Neither the owner or manager care for their employees. After being in a car accident ON THE JOB and suffering whiplash and a concussion I was taken off work for 2 days. When I returned no one seemed concerned and then I was warned about my attendance. I quit that day.
Pros
Work schedule was nice, nice to have breaks
Cons
Poor management, low pay, no benefits
Friendly Management but Not for Everyone
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDApril 5, 2019
A typical day at work consists of getting your equipment and you and your partner assigned to you travels to 4-5 houses a day and clean. You do get mileage reimbursement when you are the one driving. It is an OK job at this location. It is very, very hard work and it is a very active job. If you are not used to physical work, you will be extremely tired and your body will hurt for awhile. They expect you to clean the way you are taught in the videos they show you during orientation. If your partner messes up and customer complains you both are deducted pay on your paycheck. That goes for any missing rags that is given to you. Management here really cares about you. I feel the owners, manager, and supervisor are very nice. You do have to clean your equipment at the end of the day, too. I had to quit because it personally just was not for me no matter who I partnered up with. I also am not into being dirty everyday. Even though they say there is room for advancement, you have to work there years and years. There is only one supervisor there so it makes you question whether you can truly move up. If you like to travel, clean toilets, but have friendly management this job is for you. If you quit, you must bring your shirts back.
Pros
off every weekend, off on most big holidays, friendly management
Cons
traveling, pay deductions, can't eat lunch at times, questionable promotions
Competitive Cleaning
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMarch 26, 2019
The Cleaning Authority typically has you clean with another person and the two of you will clean, on average, 3 houses a day. If you're not in it purely for cleaning & the customers, you may not find much enjoyment. It's a great job with reasonable pay & wonderful management, there is definitely opportunity for advancement within the company if you stick to it.
the cleaning authority was a fast paced, competitive but rewarding work environment
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2019
the cleaning authority was very stressful at times due to time management given to clean each residential space. Most home owners were very friendly and welcoming. coworkers were very nice, easy to work with and helpful.
Pros
coworkers were great and residents of houses were always friendly and welcoming
Cons
management, long hours
Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 18, 2019
My coworkers are okay there are some people that are my friend. Management is poor .The owners live out of state . They need to raise the pay to keep people they lose people all the time and better management and a better building.
Working at the Cleaning Authority
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 17, 2019
A typical day included a lot of drivng and fast paced cleaning. Hardest part was working with non-English speaking gals and having them train you.....
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Use your own vehicle, partnered with non-English speaking girls.
If you like to clean
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 11, 2019
I would not recommend working for this company. Very disorganized and no potential for growth. Management at times very difficult to speak to. Their scheduling was not flexible at all.
Pros
Worked in teams
Dont do it dont waste your time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2019
this place seems promising at first but in reality they lie.
management sucks they don't reimburse your gas checks suck 1 hour to clean mansions. nuts
Pros
you get to work in big houses
Cons
bad place in general
Fast paced cleaning environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDFebruary 22, 2019
We started at 7:50 every day and ended usually around 5 or 5:30. Was very fast-paced and had to pay extreme attention to detail. We would do usually around 4-5 houses a day.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
Was a great job in the beginning but then.....
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Too much to say
If you are desperate for quick money, this would be ideal because they pay weekly. However your first paycheck will be 2weeks from start date. I worked there for a total of 4 months and it was torture. Lots of judgement, high school drama, babysitting staff while cleaning, customers are very rude, judgemental and will make sure if you aren’t to their liking they will complain. I’ve walked into homes where I physically got sick from how dirty they were. The drama is also super draining. Management is extremely immature and doesn’t offer encouragement. They play favorites and act extremely fake to you. Don’t allow for medical notes if you are sick. If you don’t stand up for yourself, you will get pushed around a lot. Regardless, if money is your intention, you can average about $200-450 there however they cut your hours and don’t tell you. They tell you houses cancel and they just give houses to other teams. They also create estimations that are completely inaccurate when it comes to how long you should clean a home. And then shame you if you go over on time. It’s a very stressful job and I would only recommend it if you are that desperate to say you have a job and quick money.
Worse Boss Ever
Professional Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEFebruary 13, 2019
Unclear policies, I was never in the same home twice in the four weeks I worked there, and I was told that we would be working overtime to compensate for the previous partner's bad worth ethic, and detail-cleaning all of the homes. They changed their minds last minute and decided they were paying me too much (for the overtime I was putting into the company...). Me and my partner got back to the office late one Friday. I said goodbye, have a nice weekend, he said you too and on my way home I got a text saying "don't bother to come back in to the office Monday."
I asked what happened. He said "you're too slow so you won't be working here anymore."
Story short, I got fired and as far as I know she didn't. My suspicion is that it was for company cuts, but what a bad communication ethic and the lamest way to let an employee go EVER. If I could give a negative star for the disgusting way they treat their employees, I would. I received no evaluation, was given a cop-out excuse, and absolutely no communication from management as to why I was being let go really.
Cons
horrible management, no lunch-breaks, pressure to do too much work in too little time allotment, forced to work overtime
good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 8, 2019
management is very nice and helpful. it was good for learning time management. I enjoyed not having to spend the day at one place. You get to meet a lot of new people and build connections with customers.
A typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2019
A typical day at the cleaning authority can be okay. It all depends who you are partnered with and how they work. Whoever your partner is determines your hours honestly.
Cons
pay
Never again
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2019
I hated that job I didn't know people can be so disgusting and I would never pay to have anybody to clean my home. Some of the employees know nothing about bacteria and I have witnessed and got into arguments with coworkers about using the same rag/sponge In bathrooms and kitchen. The Hispanic employees was racist to the Americans (black and white) and will steal stuff out of houses and team cubbies. The management team will take houses from the American if they are getting tips I worked at the TSA of South Charlotte under a guy named Todd.
I just hope that the others aren't like them. And they was also taking money out YOUR paycheck. I went from $500 a week to $200 a week working from 7:45am -6/7/8pm at night
Pros
You get to see sunshine
Cons
They dont like American and they will play with you paychecks
Not to bad of a job
Domestic Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Working here was ok, got to explore different cities, see some amazing houses. People there were ok, some better then others but that every job you work at now a days.
Seems promising at first
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 8, 2019
Working here as been one of the worst jobs I have had. There is no balance from work and life - the manager will call and text you into all hours of the night or weekend. you work really hard and do not get paid well at all and the manager is not honest about how or how much he pays the employees. He refuses to pay for certain time spent at work, you do not get breaks (and certainly never paid breaks) it is a scattered unorganized job. Very Stressful. The ad says you'll make around 450-500 dollars a week...even working every day and long hours, you are lucky to break 300 if that.
great pay
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  chandlerJanuary 7, 2019
I've worked at two different ones Chandler AZ was amazing pay checks sometimes 500$ paid every Friday. worked at the Temecula Cali cleaning authority and the manager didn't even have working equipment. still good pay tho.
Pros
good work out I got abs. and tones arms
Cons
struggled to keep weight on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cleaning Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Cleaning Authority Reviews by Location