The Clorox Company Employee Reviews

Well managed company at top level
SR HR Reporting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 6, 2019
I think overall Clorox is a great company to invest in and work for. Upper management understands the dynamics of the market and are constantly looking for growth opportunities inside and outside the traditional cleaning products they are known for. This makes the company a good solid place to work.

That said some lower level management tend to have difficulty in clearly communicating their needs to their subordinates. This can make your position a bit tenuous if you can't adjust and read their personality.

All in all still a great place to work and thrive.
Great company/ great work life balance
Manager Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 4, 2019
Great leadership, great peers and great coaching culture. Promotions can be few and far between but worth it if your willing to put in the time and effort.
Nice pingpong table terrible work ethics and workloads
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILFebruary 27, 2019
they gave us a raise and took it back down, unacceptable! you don't change the pay rate to go down only up! I do not recommend, and I would not go back. 4 years never one raise or benefit!
Pros
surprise food sometimes
Cons
terrible job
Clorox - Kingsford Charcoal Manufacturing
Operations Manager & Interim Plant Engr Manager (Former Employee) –  Summer Shade, KYFebruary 25, 2019
Kingsford was a fun and exciting, fast-paced place to work. Learning and implementing WCM/Lean Manufacturing was the most valuable experience in my professional career. I have been able to share and implement those leanings to improve myself and the companies that I worked with to this day.
Great place to work with great people
Tpo (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 25, 2019
Clorox takes care of their employees. They promote ownership . They promote advancement of skills and education . Very good. Benefits package . I loved Working there !
Pros
Product give aways, entry to sporting events
Nice job if you just need some money
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILFebruary 15, 2019
It was a decent job for monetary purposes. No room for advancement and a long commute from me. Not a good job for people with respiratory ailments and no insurance.
three plants, common corporate direction
Maintenance Manager and Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2019
what was amazing to me about clorox is that the corporation had really good standards and, for the most part, plants followed them. very difficult to do. i was able to work at three different plantsites, ran several different departments, wore many hats, and understood how important safety, specifically chlorine safety, was to the company. had numerous moments of learning from all levels of the organization from vp to janitor - i really mean that. feel blessed and thankful for my career at clorox.
Pros
world class manufacturing culture, good people, good leaders
Cons
Productive and lack of stability
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJanuary 28, 2019
I feel that clorox has the potential of being a great company overall but there's lack of communication, unfairness/favoritism, and unprofessionalism.
Pros
Less strict than most jobs
Cons
Short break and not guaranteed work
Very relaxing but competitive u have to be fast but u work at your own pace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 25, 2019
Drove a sit down forklift double wide also single fork I am familiar with all rules and regulations and safety instructions it a dangerous job so u have to be awake at all times
Wonderful place to work
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working as a contractor for Clorox the experience was great. The people were great to work with. Clorox allowed you to work independently; they believed that we were all adults and they expect us to perform as adults. We were not marco-managed and was very productive in our performance. People of all culture work there and everyone was friendly. The hardest part was leaving after a year of employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was working with great people and a system that was manageable to work with.
Pros
free products we recieved as a thank you for the hard work
Cons
contractors had to leave after a year.
January 29, 2019

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time with Clorox as a contractor. Best wishes on your future endeavors.

Mixed Feelings
HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJanuary 5, 2019
I think that at the time I worked for Clorox there was confusion and inconsistency in the direction of HR. I worked at the Hidden Valley Ranch plant in IL. I had hoped to utilize my HR skills to improve the performance and work culture at the plant but was unsuccessful due to the unethical and poor leader of the plant. Unfortunately I was unable to transfer to the corporate headquarters in Oakland, CA (my hometown) when I needed to go home to help with the care for my father who was suffering from terminal cancer.
Pros
Strong brands
Cons
Inconsistent HR direction and mission
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and comments. As a company, we strive to make sure we are being clear in our direction and we have leaders that are operating based on our values. If there is more specific feedback that you want to provide, please reach out to HR@Clorox.com so we can determine if additional actions are required.

Negative environment
Floater 2/Shipping/Plastic Molding (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 4, 2019
This is a good ole boy environment it really depends on who you know and how long they have been working there. No support very cut throat job. No perks and lots of overtime.
Pros
Loaction
Cons
People
January 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to read about your negative experience. Please reach out to HR@Clorox.com if you would like to share more specifics about your time in our Fairfield Production Facility.

Operations Lead
Shift Lead, Operational Readiness Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 3, 2019
The company is only as strong as it's people and this is where Clorox shines. They have a superb leg up in the manufacturing world that invest in the training and time to bettering their people, processes, and equipment.
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your time with Clorox.

Great opportunities to work with amazing people on big brands
Creative Services (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 14, 2018
Great opportunities to work with the best people on the best consumer brands. The company allows for a good work life balance. The General Offices are located in one of the best geographic areas in the US.
January 29, 2019

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with Clorox.

Fun place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  CADecember 12, 2018
Fun people and great office. Wish the pay was a little higher. Located in the Bay Area, so cost of living is pretty expensive.

Very open office and easy to communicate with co-workers and bosses.
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your time with Clorox.

Was not a great place to work its not a good job for me.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GADecember 3, 2018
Poor management, no heat or air. Restroom were always nasty. Forklift never work properly at anytime. And weekend shift never get overtime. It was just not a good place to work.
Pros
Never free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
December 26, 2018

Thank you for making time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience and will share this information internally.

Great Work Life balance
Operations - P2P Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 29, 2018
Great company to work for. Friendly staff and manager! Unfortunately, they mainly work with contractor/consultants, hardly any full time/permanent employees.
Pros
Free Products, Friendly staff and manager.
Cons
Don't have too many permanent positions in all departments. Outsource many positions.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your insight about Clorox. We will share this information internally to help make Clorox an even better place to work.

about working at clorox
Dock Worker/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILNovember 29, 2018
the work place was all out of order. the people in there did what they wanted to do. The pay was to low and they had no kind of organization in the building.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your insight about Clorox. We are disappointed to hear about your negative experience and will share this information internally for follow-up.

Great Company to Work For
PR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 26, 2018
This is a great company to work for, the culture is a little stuffy in upper management. Excellent benefits and pension plan when I was there. A lot of opportunity to grow.
Pros
Convenient location using BART, great benefits, room to grow.
Cons
Not always safe, reverse prejudice experienced by other employees.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please reach out to HR@Clorox.com if you would like to share more specific details about your concerns.

Not the best
CQA (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 14, 2018
Work life balance, really depends on your manager. Not consistent throughout the department. A lot of decisions are made by people who do not work directly with you. Compensation is below average but decent.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Clorox. We encourage you to speak to your current manager or contact HR to share more specifics of your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Clorox Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Clorox Company.

Powered by Comparably