The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Employee Reviews

Challenging Fun place to work
Training General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAApril 18, 2019
I love the culture of the company and the daily guest interactions. The job is challenging and fast paced. Multi tasking is a must to be successful. The hours of operation allow for a flexible schedule. I thoroughly enjoy working for the company.
Good camaraderie, stressful environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 16, 2019
Orders became backed up often and as staff, we would face lines out the door. I learned to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment and stay on my feet for hours. Management was generally understanding of the stressful circumstances of the job. It often became very difficult to keep up with the pace of orders given the amount of people on staff. I enjoyed learning about coffee and espresso, as well as being trained on cash register, and I grew close to several of my coworkers. This job offers no benefits and paid a bit more than minimum wage.
4 years
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2019
Ive worked for CBTL for over 3 1/2 years. Over all good experience, I've worked at quite a few stores and honestly the experience changes depending on GM but overall great job.
Good staff
Cashier and Barista (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 12, 2019
Like many other coffee shops, but great management and staff. A place that gets you excited to come to work every day. One of the few gems that offer a unique experience as a barista.
Stressful environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 5, 2019
It's clear upper management doesn't care about the well-being of their employees, even though we directly bring in the money and do the work they don't want to do. Even a store that performs well doesn't get rewarded or compensated in a way that truly matters. Our store's best and brightest employees have/want to quit, and management is willing to let the location suffer instead of working with them on coming to some compromise.
Pros
coworkers are hard workers who do their best to help out
Cons
short breaks, poor upper management, low pay
Fun place to work at
Barista (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 3, 2019
I enjoyvworking for coffee bean they work with my schedule give hours and it is a very friendly place to work at. Even the customers are great but even if they have a bad day and take it out on me I was give them a smile and try and cheer them up
Fun place to work and meet people.
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 2, 2019
I loved working at Coffee Bean it was a different and exiting job were you learn how to make different kinds of coffee and tea drinks and also get to meet lots of people.
Pros
meeting people
If you're looking for a flexible job where you get to have great conversations, this is it.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA 90401March 26, 2019
Working at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf comes with everything you'd expect with a barista job. There are times when you're so busy that you're stuck making drinks behind the espresso bar for hours. Other times, it's dead slow. Regardless, I enjoyed my time here particularly because of its flexibility, its people, and its predictability. Benefits could certainly be better than beyond just a discount, but hey. It's worth it nonetheless.
Small franchise, no long-term potential
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 26, 2019
It's too small and too hard to navigate politics and whatever bs gets thrown in the way. Benefits are sufficient, but nothing that wouldn't be offered elsewhere.
Good place to work at
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 25, 2019
Only provide benefits to full time workers
Good place to work at if you're a student
Good management
At times can get really busy so have to be able to work fast and keep high safety standards
fun and diverse
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2019
it has potential to grow but needs work for the employees for better pay and better promotions. needs to be more fexible with employees. and more communication for relocating options.
Pros
friendly
Cons
no recognitions
Experience working at CB
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 18, 2019
Poor compensation for amount of work required. The work demand is fairly excessive considering the amount and what is requested it of you. Tips are ok but fairly low considering they have to be shared among everyone.
Pros
tips
Cons
poor pay
Fun and energetic environment.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 13, 2019
The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is the perfect college job. They are flexible with schedules and really helped shape some of my leadership skills. Working at Coffee Bean was fast-paced and sometimes stressful but overall, I had a great time working there.
inconsistant
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMarch 6, 2019
Things were always changing, trickle down effect from all the changes in the office/upper management to the stores is hard. No owe knows what is going on from week to week. With the district managers stuck in the middle.
Okay job- great for teens
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2019
Great place to work if you're thinking about being a barista. You will learn a lot about coffee culture. They take coffee very seriously. Unpaid lunch.
Relaxed Evnironment
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2019
The bond you grow with your coworkers is like no other job I have had. The same people I work with are the same people I spend my free time here; I actually want to go to work.
Stressful Environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAFebruary 17, 2019
To work at this place you need to have a lot of tolerance and patience. The best part of the job is the discounts. Manager though that this job is your only purpose in life.
Company Values for the Win
Operations Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2019
The integrity in the company's values and company loyalty was felt throughout the entire company. There was lots of room for internal growth and opportunity within the company.
horrible managent
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2019
while i worked at coffee bean we had 3 or 4 managers. None of them ever worked on the floor. They would leave holes in the schedule so people would get stuck in the store hours past their scheduled time.
Pros
one free drink
Cons
management
Great job, horrible management
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDFebruary 7, 2019
The owners and management have no idea what they are doing. Blatant favoritism as well as several labor board and health department violations. Cater way too much to the customers- they bypass the employees and have a direct line to the owners.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No benefits, no overtime, no guaranteed hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight