The College at Brockport Employee Reviews

Productive Workspace with Shared Office
Video Intern (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJuly 17, 2018
It was an unpaid internship for college credits. They were very flexible with schedules. Mostly video editing, but multiple opportunities to go film things. I learned how to stay organized in terms of the video field as well as proper time management.
A lot about this place doesn't make logical sense
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJuly 5, 2018
I worked here between august 2017 and july 2018. I failed my prohibation because i called in too many times. I called in maybe twice a month on the high end. I had plenty of sick time and for some reason they penalize you for using it. The only times i ever called in is when i couldn't safely make the half hour drive into work. I was looked down on because i was the youngest worker there. The people they hire for the positions of power took hour long lunches because they could get away with it, then turned around and reprimanded you for taking an extra 5 minutes on an air break. They condescend you if you don't know what they're talking about.

I liked working here, but the people i had to work with made my experience less than pleasurable, and i advise people to work other jobs if you can.
Pros
- paid time off, benefits
Cons
- management is ridiculous, year long prohibition
Good for students
Night Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJune 4, 2018
Gives time for students to do work, also instills a sense of responsibility and community within the resident hall. It is from 10 pm to 3 am which can prove difficult to someone with busy days. The management and RA's were nice enough but didn't check on the NDA's often.
Pros
Lots of free time, get to see a lot of people who live in the building
Cons
difficult hours
Great place to work with ability to advance
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYMay 30, 2018
Great sense of community throughout the entire campus.
Most management is great to work for and work with.
Workplace culture is friendly yet productive.
Excellent work environment for student leaders
Student Government President (Former Employee) –  Town of Sweden, NYMay 17, 2018
There was a great deal that The College at Brockport did to encourage their employees, or student government in this case to do more to improve the lives of the students at the college.
Pros
Wide variety of opportunities to learn different fields of study
Cons
Limited as to what we could do in the capacity as student government
very chill job setting
Night Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYApril 22, 2018
At typical work day was sitting at a desk signing people in. and the hardest part was staying up till 3 am. The most enjoyable part of the Job would be signing people in
Refrigeration Mechanic
Refrigeration Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYApril 18, 2018
The College at Brockport is a good place to work i have learned a lot about the campus from the ground maintenance to the heating and cooling the facilities.
Great Culture
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYMarch 30, 2018
I've work at The College at Brockport for three years. I am part of CSEA. I have consistently been promoted each year and have worked in two different offices. A student service office and currently an academic office. There are high and low times of work, which goes along with the academic calendar. There are some stressful times, but that is consistent with any place you work. I have worked in different environments and cultures throughout my life, Brockport is far superior than any other.

I am sure if you work in facilities, you may have a different opinion. It is hard work keeping the campus in clean and good working order. Most facilities workers I am sure over worked and under paid. They do a great job though.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Very stressful ungrateful bosses
Pua (Former Employee) –  Facilities and planingFebruary 1, 2018
Over 2 million square feet in over 30 buildings have to be covered maintenance Plumbing Heating and air conditioning only about 4 people there know what they're doing no family life forced overtime snitches and backstabbing. Do not do it the previous reviews were written by students that get to stay on their cell phones all day and not do anything don't fall into this trap there#!!!
Pros
Good benefits if you can deal with a pessimistic attitude
Cons
Getting pulled from job to job and then criticized because your first job isn't complete
Awesome work environment to work at.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I loved this internship, the environment was awesome to work at. Worked with awesome team members. Made lots of friends. Great work relationship with my boss.
great place to word
Computer Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I was doing as per contract and only in their summer classes. It's a great place to work for. But unfortunately one has to known to their community.
It is rewarding helping college kids.
Pros
Friendly envronment
Cons
Need to open position
Very relaxed work environment
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYOctober 1, 2017
Working here provides many benefits as the environment is not a stressful one. However, the work culture can be so relaxed that employees performance is often affected by other workers' disinterested work ethics.
Not only that but it is very difficult to grow and face new challenges here.
The good thing is that people are friendly and the College offers good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly people, relaxed environment
Cons
Lack of opportunities to grow.
It's a nice place to work.
Academic Coordinator, Senior Academic Advisor, EOP (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYSeptember 11, 2017
SUNY Brockport is going through some exciting changes. The campus is experiencing some growth and construction. The the college culture is positive, and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with students.
Pros
The strategic plan.
Cons
Distance from home.
What I have learned.
Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYAugust 30, 2017
I learned a great deal at Brockport about how dedicated the faculty is to providing exemplar education to the students. The campus culture is very supportive.
Pros
Positive working atmosphere
Great for students
Night Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJune 1, 2017
Great job for full time students. You can do homework while on the job and that is great for staying ahead of coursework. You don't need any experience and the job is quite simple.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not many hours
Working at Brockport
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYMay 9, 2017
Working at The college of Brockport is a very good experience. As a resident assistant I have learned to team building and also how to problem solve. Very great experience.
Great school to work for.
Student Union Employee (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYMarch 28, 2017
Working at The College at Brockport taught me many things. I learned many things with technology that I didn't before. I also learned great time management skills. One of the most important traits that i feel I gained from this school Is the teamwork taken to be a successful organization. Working as a team is very essential.
Good Place to Work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYMarch 23, 2017
Brockport was a good place to work. The college was fair and accommodating. They provided me with on the job training and made sure I had all the tools I required to complete the job at hand.
Nice place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at the College. The people are very nice. The benefits and time off was excellent. The only reason I left was due to personal problems within my family.
productive, fun, engaging environment
Fitness Center and Personal Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brockport, NYDecember 15, 2016
This place was great to me. I was treated with the utmost respect by the managing staff and I was really able to grow here. I am very thankful that I was presented with the opportunity for employment here.
Pros
professional setting, learning oriented
Cons
short work shifts