The College Board
80High

The College Board Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA61 reviews
Good place to work.
At work, manager did not make me feel part of the team even though I was an intern with eagerness to learn. It discouraged me. Manager only gave me tedious work and never acknowledged my desire to learn even though I have expressed to him I did.
Productive and fun, recently renovated office.
Productive and fun environment. Recently renovated office with a ping pong table and cool/fun collaborative spaces. A tech company with an innovative mindset.
Productive and fun place to work
You can grow your personal skills. Very supportive and management and coworkers. Best place to work. They have training resources to enhance your career.
Slow, plodding
non-profit + education industry = glacial pace. nice colleagues, but little energy, enthusiasm, or initiative. most of leadership is there to coast to the end of their careers
Pros
Nice office location
Cons
No growth and no one leaves, so no one gets promoted
Productive and relaxed work environment
The College Board is a great company to work for. They have a great work environment with great work benefits...………………………………………...………………...……………………………………………………..
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Summary
Nice work environment. Learned new technologies. Management is good. Work place culture is good. Job was not hard. Lot of team events. Lot of holidays and good 402b plan.
Phenomenal Place to Work with People Who Believe in the Mission
I love my time at the CollegeBoard. The team is one of the best and most enjoyable that I've worked with in my long career, and the technical challenges are exciting.
Management overall needs adjusting
What you will learn there is that Management is overworked, and they over work you. This by far was the most difficult job I have ever had. Did I like the people yes, was the work environment good yes. It was the so called management structure that I simply could not understand.

Intimidation, tantrums like toddlers when they dont get their way, by Senior level management. Human Resources is a joke as well, all these people do is gossip and eat every-bodies food. Facilities team and its leader purchase for the company and themselves and take home all of the leftovers.
Rash Inexperienced Management
Company hires junior managers as Senior Directors. Who have no clue what they are doing. Show favoritism and make rash decisions with the power given.

Dishonest and deceitful management.
Great place to work with good benefits
CB is a good place to work. Being a Senior engineer, I learnt a lot of new technologies while continuing to enhance my previous and current skills. I also worked as a team/technical lead for multiple COTs for various initiatives at CB.
Productive and fun workplace
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables, nice cafe area with coffee and tea. The office is located at Reston Town Center with many good restaurants.
Great working environment.
I was elated to work at college board as it helped me excel and gain working experience in my field of study and the management was really helpful too.
easy and fun
Nice gig for people looking to work on Saturdays during school year. Compensation is nice. Lots of opportunities throughout the local area as well. Reach out to your local high school for details.
Pros
pay
Poor management but good benefit
Poor management but not toxic yet. There is no visibility. Management doesn’t listen to employees suggestions. No opportunities to grow, extremely for senior people. People can be a senior engineer forever and never get promoted. Whenever there is a higher level position opened, they will hire outside people instead of promoting internal people.
College Board is like government. You just do what management asked. They make all decisions by themselves, whether you like it or not. The funny thing is that they think they made all the perfect changes. My team has a very high turnover rate. 8 people resigned and 2 just got laid off last week. People who are currently there are finding their way to leave too.

The whole organization is sort of communism. Management thinks they are awesome and do whatever they want. It is dictatorship. During our recent all employee meeting, they spent whole afternoon to talk about our CEO and how awesome he is. However, look at the approval rate of him. Almost half of the people think we are heading to the wrong way.

They talked about opportunities, which means they want to get rid of the senior people and hire young people so that they can promote young people and cut cost because there is no room for senior people to grow.

Anyway, the thing is College Board is doing SAT and there is no competitor. Everyone needs to take SAT, so why do management care?
Pros
Pto, sick leave, 403b
positive place to work
- Worked with smart and motivated individuals
- Encouragement for training

-very friendly environment and a lot to learn

- The Agile team is small and produces quality software.
Pros
Benefits, commute, colleagues
Cons
at times people can be very demanding when trying to assist them.
It's a mixed bag
It is difficult to provide an accurate review on College Board because development teams are managed so differently. I came on board as a contractor nearly two years ago to a fairly large team of talented developers, eager to build a greatly improved application for our internal client. However, management and upper management changes turned my project into a rudderless ship. Conflicting messages from the managers combined with a poor relationship with an internal client spelled doom. Team infighting led to attrition and a toxic environment.

On the plus side, the benefits are great. There are decent opportunities to learn and there are great socials every month or two.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management, archaic internal corporate applications
Productive and Fun Workplace
Great environment with amazing coworkers. Everyone is very open and friendly. Communication between departments is slowly getting better than when I first started. Benefits are the best!
Pros
Lots of fun events
Cons
Advancement
Good work environment
College board is one of the best companies that i worked so far. They respect employees and give more freedom. There is no discrimation among the employees.
Decent place to work with management issues
Good technology, good access to tools, but questionable management direction and less than market pay makes this tough unless you're committed to the cause for the long term so as to take advantage of benefits.
Benefits
Cons
pay
indeed
and placing interns; communicating with sponsoring managers, coordinating summer socials and following-up to ensure a successful experience for both the intern and the sponsoring department.
· Manages the full on-boarding process for employees. This includes working with managers to ensure that all necessary paperwork and on-line forms are completed in a timely manner, providing and coordinating initial benefits orientation for staff, assisting with online benefits enrollment processes, and ensuring all required employee information is accurately provided to headquarters and appropriate files are maintained locally.

· Assist the HR Department with key projects that address and support efficient business practices and promote employee morale.

· Work with recruiting team members to
Great Company
This is a great company... they truly believe in the mission statement. I highly recommend working here. A place where you can grow at a personal and professional level.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The College Board. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight