The College of New Jersey Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
The Managers
Associate Athletic Training (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJFebruary 19, 2018
I was a student worker at the time so the managers were extremely understanding that I needed t get work done while working or not able to come in so that I could do my work.
Easy job
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJFebruary 7, 2018
I worked here as a student employee. It was a great job while I worked there. I loved the people I worked with and my boss was very flexible. It was also a great way to gain experience working in an office.
Semester job at the Career Center
Peer Career Educator (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Working as a "Peer Career Educator" at the TCNJ career center is great for full-time students looking for temporary work. The job lasts for one college semester, and expect to work at least three days per week for three hours each day. This job adds great experience if you are looking to become an educator who will help students with their resumes and their career questions.
Great pay, sick time, vacation, holidays, pension, and holiday partys.
Building Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJDecember 6, 2017
New managers since Mitch, so I believe overall cleanliness will get better. When Mitch took over work load doubled, so people clean less. But new managers are here now, so I believe cleanliness will improve. Many supervisors are easy to work for. For a job it is a great place to work. A major con is job security. The bible says if you are in god you will be satisfied. God also said wrought out your own salvation. I can do my job. But I have little to do with other peoples satisfaction. That is their responsibility. I love the four ten hour work days in the summer.
Benefits
Cons
Work load more than doubled from previous summer.
Great tutoring center
Math and Science Tutor, (Former Employee) –  TCNJ Tutoring CenterOctober 13, 2017
Tutoring helped refresh me on the material, as well as helping the students. Ladies who managed the center were very nice and enjoyable to work with as well.
Software Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 26, 2017
Productive, Good work culture, you will get an opportunity to learn new technology, Less stressful, management is nice to work with. nice to have Christmas break
Tcnj
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Very political environment with various cliques
Many opportunities to collaborate with other departments
Constant Changes
fast-paced environment
Fun events/campus-wide programs
Great environment for student workers.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 20, 2017
As a student worker, I found my time working in one of TCNJ's offices to be a good experience. Great people and working environment. I enjoyed working with students, faculty and staff.
Great place to work and collaberate.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 22, 2017
As an adjunct instructor this place was amazing. The other faculty and department Chair were always willing to help. The students were beyond my expectations; engaged, interested, and all around enthusiastic.
Great place, not so great pay
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 22, 2017
TCNJ is a great place to work. Though I think right now the climate is rough because faculty/staff are not properly compensated. It seems as though across the board, there is more work and no additional pay. Granted, this is mainly due to the State-wide contract negotiations, but it makes it difficult to not consider other financially growing employment.
Pros
Fridays off in the summer, flexible work environment
Cons
More work and no pay increase
Extremely fulfilling position
Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 22, 2017
Each and every day, I am blessed with an amazing Director and it is a joy to keep her on schedule, help prepare for her classes in Elementary Education and complete special projects (usually including the extraction of data).

In addition, I am consistently learning about edTPA, which the State of NJ Department of Education has mandated for our student teachers to become certified. Fortunately, I have been present (and included) in the very beginning of this effort and continue to learn more about it every day in the effort to help our student teachers gain certification and employment.

I thoroughly enjoy working with and counseling students in conjunction with faculty and most certainly that is the most rewarding part of my position.

That being said, I have always desired to live down South - and NJ offers many things; however, our pensions are now frozen and raises are very rare. Unfortunately, I must struggle to support myself in a desirable manner. The latter is the main reason for leaving NJ, and hoping to find a comparable position in Georgia.
Pros
fabulous boss, great students, lovely atmosphere
Cons
lack of raises and pensions frozen
Good
Member (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 3, 2017
The school is great and I love working for them. It is a great opportunity. I would definitely recommend to people who like public speaking, and want to work on those skills.
Support work environment!
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Working at The College of New Jersey was a great experience. I found the staff to be very supportive of me and others as we worked as tutors while working on attaning our Bachelor degrees.
Great Coworkers
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Great Students. Family like office atmosphere. Great Co workers. Fast paced. Can be stressful at times, Fridays in Summers off
Fun place to work
Cook/line (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 28, 2016
Very slow most days, learned the different types of food that patients have to eat, Most Co workers are team players, A typical day at work is reviewing your menu for that day and preparing the food with love
Good college
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 25, 2016
I stayed too short to tell. It is small, the faculty to students ratio is high. Most professors are good and responsible.
Enriching Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJDecember 27, 2015
Mentored Undergraduate Summer Experience is a great opportunity for undergraduate students to learn about research and participate first hand in experiments.
fun experience with knowledge of college life on campus
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJDecember 15, 2015
learn about the responsibilities of staffing over 20 student staff can be a chore daily,getting job decriptions up to par also me interacting and meeting all diffrent types of people on campus, just the part of responsilbities and being effective for the production.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct History Professor (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJOctober 27, 2015
No complaints whatsoever. One of the best places I've ever taught, great resources and excellent student body. Would recommend to anyone.
The Best College Job
Technical Director/Lead Stage Technician (Former Employee) –  Kendall HallSeptember 16, 2015
Worked as a Stage Technician all four years. Wonderful staff of truly great people, but this cycles out with every group that graduates. Great and flexible hours due to Student classification. Work when you want it kind of deal. Boss was always considerate and understanding on school related issues. They have stopped giving yearly raises but the pay is still fair. No chance for advancement in my specific job, but was also not necessary due to the circumstances.
Pros
The People, Relaxed Environment, Competent Management
Cons
No Raises, No Chance for Advancement