The College of New Rochelle Employee Reviews

Great supervisor and Friendly staff.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Working at the college fluctuated between fast and moderate paced depending on the season. I learned a lot about how the graduate system works and all that it entails to make it work. Working with the facility and students was memorable.
Pros
tuition was paid
Cons
I had to take out loans to support myself.
Interacting with the Students and Staff
Maintenance/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at New Rochelle School of New Resources. There I met a host of people and the staff was well. Attending there prepared me for Graduate school and helped to understand that Education is a doorway of knowledge waiting for all to have if they are willing to pit in the work.
Student Focus and Supportive Education Environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The College of New Rochelle endeavors in untold multiple ways to assist the students to succeed academically, i.e. individual mentoring, study groups, professor availability, availability and encouragment of the college's administrative staff.
Pros
Student focus
Cons
Compensation
Jonathan White
Faculty Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  eLearning & Instructional TechnologiesAugust 25, 2017
A challenging environment, surrounded by talented people, all working to keep everything in order. One of the best schools in the area for Nursing, in particular.
Poor Management
WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 2, 2017
Years of poor management has led to years of decline in the student population, potential bankruptcy and significant layoffs. Other than the aforementioned, the work atmosphere is relaxed and family oriented. The average worker is not fairly compensated and there is minimal chance for advancement.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, family oriented
Cons
Poor management, poor compensation for the average worker, minimal chance for advancement
Financial hardship
Manager Collections, Payroll, Default Prevention (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJuly 21, 2017
Struggling for financial stability. Recent down sizing. Reduction in faculty and staff. Recently sold off assets. Optimistic steps taken will strengthen and allow The College to move forward
Pros
Free employee tuition remission program. Generous vacation and holiday allowance
Cons
Financially distraught. Constant leadership change.
productive work place
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 30, 2017
my work day starts at 11 am. and ends by 4 pm. everyday. I have learned and continue to learn new skills to help me utilize them in the future. I hope to continue utilizing my skills.
Pros
form a family at the work place
Cons
short breaks
A wonderful starting place and educational opportunity
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJune 20, 2017
Depending on the time of year it was, being that I used to work in Admissions, an average day could be very fast- paced and stressfull, or It was very relaxed and enjoyable. Management in admisisons, wasn't very encouraging and you never really received assistance with areas that were new to you. I learned a great deal about the admissions process of higher education, with the understanding that each and very academic institution is different. The culture of the work environment truly depended on who was in charge. Most departments treated their staff with professional respect and courtesy, in my department , it depended on the day. Management woudl usually have no qualms with yelling at staff and treating them in an unprofessional manner. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the students and helping them acheive their goals. I also enjoyed working with other departments, however, working with my department was very challenging.
Pros
Tuition remisison, paid time off, 401K sick/personal time
Cons
no casual friday, unprofessionalism
Graduate Assistant to the Dean (Scholarship) (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 29, 2017
Fast-paced work environment with satisfactory challenges. A great place to work and the scholarship is awesome. It's a pleasure to be working closely with the Dean and Associate Dean.
Productive and Knowledgeable Environment
Work Study Student Worker in Nursing Lab (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 26, 2017
I learned a lot in this job. I learned how important it is to be on time and punctual. I learned how important it is to plan ahead of time because obstacles can always come your way. Trust is built in the workplace. Honesty, kindness, and overall politeness are vital to workplace and everyday relationships.
backstabbing management- ungrateful- liars- thieves and cheaters
General Services smuck (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 15, 2017
I wouldn't want to be quoted as being negative about such a fine institution.
There are some great and friendly- good and nice people.
Seems like too many people think they are in charge of the world...
From " Hymans to Hijabs" lecture was very enlightening and just plain sick.
Financial difficulties? How about fraud, larceny and incompetence?
Pros
some departments- like working in the zoo- fun and crazy
Cons
working with liars and backstabbers can be difficult
Working at a College
Part-Time Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 7, 2017
I am very grateful for the support and encouragement that I have received from the organization . The people that are employed there are like family .
Pros
Great Support
Cons
Low Wages
Bursar Office
Bursar Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 28, 2017
This is a great job for a work study student especially someone who is majoring in business. This job allows the student to get a feel of what atmosphere they would like to work in later in the future.
Great school with great staffs
Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 21, 2017
The school has excellent staffs with great discipline. It has taught me discipline and leadership in all ramification. It was taught me to be a good role model
very productive and informitive place to work.
Library Assistant/Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I was a intern while earning my degree and took on the as a library assistant staff and students where very respectful and we learned many different things from one another.
Okay
Student Leadership (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYJanuary 4, 2017
I am a student and there are many opportunities to perform as a student volunteer at this school. Its expands the horizons quite a lot
Working as a Career Services Intern for the College of New Rochelle was an rewarding experience
Career Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 2, 2016
Having the opportunity to do my graduate internship at the College of New Rochelle. Allowed me to develop my counseling skills with the young and working adult population at the Office of Career Services,which helped to demonstrate what counseling skills I have obtained from classroom in addition to previous employment and past internship which were also related to counseling type jobs. All of these skills and experience became an extension in addition to the graduate internship I worked at the Office of Career Services to further my career in wanting to service and counsel general and special populations in obtaining future employment.
Pros
Increased exposure to utilizing my counseling skills on college students on campus.
Cons
Furthering more of my office career skills while doing my graduate internship.
Decent but needs better managing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2016
Worked during my time as a student here as workstudy. Would recommend for those looking to earn money while attending classes at a college. However needs better management
Fun place to work
Sports Manager (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYMay 15, 2016
We have a fun staff its a fun school and working together with your peers to make the place a little fun and be able to provide help to those who need it.
A great and enjoyable invironment.
Coordinator/Supervisor Safety/Security (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYNovember 12, 2015
This was not just a job, it was an experience that afforded new and welcomed challenges each day. Unfortunate, due to downsizing, my position was no longer available and I was (regrettably) let go. I now find myself in need of immediate employment and I am willing to take just about any position.