The College of Saint Rose Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
NAfME member and liaison (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2018
It was a fun work environment to be in. At this position I learned a lot about leadership, time management, and responsibility. I also got the chance to develop interpersonal skills between my colleagues. The hardest part of this job was to recruit the right people to bring to this conference. The most enjoyable part of this job was to collaborate with my supervisor and colleagues to come up with a workshop to present at this conference.
A good place to work
I.T.S. HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (WEEKEND SUPERVISOR) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2018
A solid place to work and to get an education. The benefit of reduced tuition is worth the lower pay. A great place to start off to secure some education in a field you're starting out in.
Meaningful Internship Experience
Graduate Assistant for Athletic Operations (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 28, 2018
As a former student-athlete, I enjoyed the opportunity to be responsible for the game day experience. For every event, I would do everything in my power to deliver both a positive and professional experience to everyone involved—especially the athletes, coaches, and officials.
I would highly recommend this opportunity to student-athletes or anyone interested in a sports-related career.
It was a very nice place to work - not so sure now
Associate Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2018
When I worked at St. Rose it was a wonderful, caring, family like environment. Since then, I have heard horrible things about it. Many of my friends who still work there say it is like working at a different college and wish they could leave - many have.
assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2018
It was relaxing and if you did not like the task she gave you that day, she would give you a different task. she let you pick whatever you were comfortable doing in that work environment
people are great but management needs to be evaluated
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 20, 2017
The people are great and campus life uplifting. Worked over 2 decades and the college has taken a big drop in employee support over the last 5 years. Turnover is common in positions. young management does not now how to manage.
Pros
the people & students
Cons
the management
Relaxed
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 19, 2017
As a work study, I signed out, and filed tests for students within a major, a lot of dead hours allowed for homework to be done. Manager is very nice and flexible hours to move around courses,
Pros
Homework and projects for classes finished early
Cons
too much free time
Mixed experience...
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 27, 2017
Great benefits, opportunities for learning and developing skills. Overall student body a plus. Individual departments vary in terms of culture and work environment.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2017
For almost ten years, I taught as an adjunct professor at the College of St. Rose. I enjoyed the work and the students and would have continued doing it if they kept me. Because of fiscal issues, I lost my class.
Graduate Assistant
Parent & Family Relations Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 4, 2017
Graduate Assistants are not full time workers so I can not judge a lot of these categories in full. I enjoyed my time working there and learned a lot from my Supervisors.
Pros
Gained Expreince
Relaxed environment and fun people to work with
Summer Days Program (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 19, 2017
I was a one-on-one with a wonderful girl and I helped her with social skills and activities. Hours were lax and I enjoyed working there. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out the child's needs, but I was able to get the hang of it with help from others that had worked with the child before
Used to be good
Advancement Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 2, 2017
Struggling organization
Top heavy management-wise
"too many chiefs and not enough Indians"
No advancement opportunities
large turnover of staff
No-Vote of confidence from faculty - twice
cut back on Alumni events
Pros
Office in a house
Cons
no raise in four years
Excited to start
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 14, 2017
Haven't started yet, I start in the fall of this year. Super excited to start this opportunity that I have been waiting all summer for. New year new students.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Less party time
Productive and interesting workplace.
Overnight Host (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 21, 2017
I got the chance to show prospective students around campus. I took them to my classes, in which some professors made them participate, and I took them to meals in the main dining hall.
Amazing place to study
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 22, 2017
The College of Saint Rose is an awesome place to work because of the heavy involvement of everyone that works within the college and also outside the college as well. I have worked very closely with graduate students and PH.D professors that provide extensive knowledge to get an competitive end on the job market.
Stage Crew for College concerts
Stage Crew Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 6, 2017
Nothing much to say here. Students only job, we setup and breakdown curtains, risers and stage extensions for college concerts. We also work backstage and usher for the concerts.
Fun Place
Technology Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 13, 2017
The place was a great place however the compensation wasn't enough. Also the manager always complained that I do too much. Being the senior person after a while I had no choice to do all I can to make sure all were up and running.
Pros
MY technical Skills
Cons
My Manager
Excellent
Student (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I received an incredible education from The College of Saint Rose. Everyone I worked with there, both students and staff, have geared me to be in the position I am in today.
Pros
Phenomenal Teachers
Cons
N/a
Saint Rose Counselor
COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 16, 2016
The students and staff were all very nice and fun to be around. I was only a counselor in training so I didn't do any of the hard work but it was an overall great experience!
Fun place to work
Athletics Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to interact with athletes and use my photography ability at sporting events. Working with my supervisor was very helpful to me.
Pros
Free access to events
Cons
Hours available