The Columbia Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Senior Logistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VA 22554March 4, 2019
fast paced challenging experience that enables you the ability to work with active duty military on real world issues that can affect the day to day training and operations of world wide units.
Pros
working with the military
Cons
commute
Relaxed and fast paced with a great team.
Space Planner/ CAD Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJanuary 28, 2019
Typical work day is a past paced environment. I learned several new techniques for planning and strategy development. The management is very down to earth and very effective at communication. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team collaboration. My daily team member interaction is the best in my experience.
Pros
Great team
Government support
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2018
The Columbia Group was a job supporting the US Government in shipbuilding. My position was much like that of a "staffer" and my Government client rarely called for assistance. I called her more often than she called me. She didn't really WANT a support person, but Columbia Group had the support contract, so there I was.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
Boring.
Room for growth
Community Planner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 4, 2018
With a focus on safety and the building of high quality well managed projects, The Columbia Group dedication to safety and commitment to our clients is a part of our culture, and it has been the cornerstone for building this company and successfully managing a diverse range of construction management and design/build construction projects.
Small company, good people to work with
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCMay 15, 2018
Workers have the ability to work without managers behind every step one makes. There a lot of freedom because the managers trust your ability to get the work completed.
Pros
quarterly lunches, Winter Party
Cons
Most workers are located off-site
It was good
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 3, 2018
At times if we need more information to work an assignment the Financial team would call for a meeting in order to complete the task at hand. It was a job.
Pros
Some of the meeting were very informative.
Cons
Some of the meeting was not always good
On the mend
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
A small company fighting for position among other small companies to contract with the government. In time they could be a strong big company. If you have a strong resume and program management experience, you could join them and be on the ground floor of their inevitable growth process.
Great Company
Facilities Planner Technician (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCMarch 6, 2018
Love the company. I would for sure recommend anyone to work here. It is a great environment with great workers and supervisors. Little Micromanagement.
Cons
Health Care Premium
Great colture, bad location
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2018
Great people and company culture, however due to their location the compensation received was enough to sustain a decent quality of life. That included the subtraction of parking, metro fare on a daily basis, which added up to the yearly cost it did not make it worth it.
Difficult Company to Work with
Deputy Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAFebruary 25, 2018
It was a very stressful job. I was able to learn more about the business development world. The management wasn't as supportive as I would have preferred and did not provide the training tools to accomplish many tasks. Long hours but great people to work with.
Pros
Great Manager (Paul Brygadir)
Cons
Extremely Long Hours and no recognition for hard work.
Pros and Cons
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 29, 2017
Pros: The people at TCG are great
The hours are flexible

Cons: The managers don't communicate well to their employees
The lack of work at times can be very tiring
The pay isn't comparable to the positions
Great Entry level Employer
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my time here, mostly due to my co-workers. If someone is trying to get into contracting and want an entry level job that will give them experience and a boost, this is the place.
Government Contracting
Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 29, 2017
As a contracting company you have to work a lot of hours but this company paid very well but after 3 years I don't enjoy the hours and don't really need that kind of money. All though I enjoyed my fellow workers and boss, just enjoy my family more.
Pros
Great Pay and benifits
Great Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCSeptember 13, 2017
This company is really hands on and cares about its employees. They are activly engaged in each employee career and provide ways to improve it. The Columbia Group also provides for job growth.
it's a good start
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 20, 2017
The salary is not good for trying to live in Northern Virginia. However it's a great start. The benefits are not that good either. I do love the people I work with.
Typical company
Employee (Former Employee) –  VAJune 5, 2017
Typical company. No review here. Average. Typical. This is an average and typical contracting company. There is no review here. No difference. All the same.
The Columbia Family
Program Analyst, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 28, 2017
Working for The Columbia Group has been a positive experience. They have been supportive and fair employers. Even after the need for my current position has ended they continued to try and assist me while I looked to transition to new areas.
Pros
They look to acknowledge employees doing a good job
Cons
Its the "contracting world" so nothing is guranteed
Awful!!! That should be the name of the Company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 9, 2017
I'm a former member of Eagle Systems and Services. Which was a company under the Columbia group. They teamed up with another group called Stratitia. Both companies worked you non stop. Then never wanted to pay you for the work you did. The pay for them is only $16.46 an hour. They refuse to give you a raise in pay. Nor do they ever reward you for the countless numbers of hrs you travel and work. The most you'll ever make with this company is $30,000 dollars a year in the Morgantown area. On top of that if there was an issues they didn't care one bit. Both of these companies were charging the government a high rate for your work. Yet, they wouldn't pay a nickel higher. Also, they gave you health insurance that was supplemental. It's was so expensive you couldn't even go to the doctor if you were sick. Do not apply for this job unless you truly want to hate life.
Pros
Cons
Boses who don't care about their employees
Good people to work with.
Junior Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quantico. VAFebruary 25, 2017
As you will find in most places of employment, there are good people working to do their job well as individuals and as part of a team.
Navy Analyst
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Each day is an adventure. Supporting the US Navy finest, ensuring that our men and women have the most up to date and readied material and craft to defend our country.