The Community Builders Employee Reviews

An interesting experience
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02117April 8, 2019
It's not clear how they really promote employees. People are hired in from the outside seemingly unaware that they will have to do work daily. Be prepared to work long hours. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the new properties purchased and always properties in the worst condition. The staff is nice and works to get along with each other.
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2019
A typical day at work is watering the grass, plants and also digging holes and the hardest part of the job is digging holes and the most enjoyable part is being around the people i work with
Very Professional
Field Operator Contractor (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 3, 2019
I recommend working for Community builders if you want to grow your business as a subcontractor in the field of construction. Its very professional & organized.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
work on Sundays
Do not work for this company
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 2, 2019
The worst place that I have EVER worked. More drama and back stabbing than an e true Hollywood story. Management does not care about what happens to the tenants or to the employees. DO NOT WORK HERE, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. I feel very badly for the tenants to have to deal with such a hostile living environment.
Pros
Cons
Back stabber central
Unique team
Resident Occupancy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2019
Their mission is to provide affordable housing to those who may not typically be able to afford it. Residents are appreciative which is a great feeling.
Fast paced and busy
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 9, 2019
The Community Builders mission is great however, work/ personal balance is difficult due to work hours invested per week. Fast paced and busy, the time flies by each day.
Pros
Great company mission
Cons
Healthcare, training
Employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2019
This was the worst experience of my life:
1) no training - I was told to read the Operational Management booklet online
2) property manager is NEVER at the property, therefore no direction
3) your subordinates will outright tell you "no" when you give direction. Told property manager there is/ was of lack of overall support- nothing changed
4) Give projects through email (still no training or direction) 10 min before the end of the day.
5) disorganized - extremely
6) overall HIGH staff turn over rate. Everyone is looking for another job.
7) residents have seriously L & I violations which never seemed important. Then having to lie to residents about when leaks/mold/holes in their ceilings will be fixed. Some residents have had leaks for years.
I was so stressed out I started to see a psychologist. I couldnt sleep and started having sharp pains behind my right eye.
Pros
Off the weekend
Cons
Manager, office staff, no direction or training, extreme stress
Management does not stand behind their employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 15, 2019
Upper management is out of touch with the day to day operations of the communities. Upper management has their head in the sand when it comes to workplace bullying.
Pros
Pay
Cons
everything else
Run
Beating post - Management (Former Employee) –  everywhereNovember 28, 2018
This is the poorest run place I have ever worked. Upper management is always looking for an escape goat and will find them if they think it will appease the residents. Upper Management is out of touch with the day to day workings at a property. Claims to be a diverse company but only diversity is ethnicity. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TALENTS and if you are that desperate, do not trust anyone!!!!!
Pros
Pay - you are paid well to be treated poorly
Cons
Everything but pay
love my building and my Residents
Service Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2018
Learned a lot of building Systems and Fair housing laws, I have become more detailed with my documentation and handling situations with elderly people. I enjoyed the appreciation from the residents when i went to fix something for them. getting task done.
Great Company
Head Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Mashpee, MANovember 6, 2018
This company has a vision and they're able to deliver with a progressive attitude and passion for their mission. My position was fun and gave me the opportunity to improve a community.
fun working with them
Asset Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2018
working with TCB was great I enjoy working with them.if it wasn't for the laid off I will still be working for them
the people was great to work with and every one help out when needed it.
Poor Leadership
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2018
The company lacks leadership and sets employees up to fail. Although they advertise as a mission focused non-profit, they fail to support employees and as a result the housing communities suffer.
Good place to learn the business of property management
Community Resources Specialist(CRS) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2018
long work days , but good work place culture , if you like healping people this is a good place to work, The most enjoyable part is seeing people appreciating where they live and having a nice place to raise their kids
Pros
Training
company environment
Real Estate Account Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2018
I found it a very team oriented company and all were willing to support and assist each other with respect and diligence
Everyone is professional and friendly
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Very good place to work
Clerk of the Works (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
The company expects that its employees have the skills to perform the tasks that they have been hired to do. Management does not micromanage employees but does expect positive results.
There is serious effort by the corporate management to facilitate communication with employees that work locations other than the corporate office.
Pros
Good place to work. There are opportunities for advancement. Salary and benefits are good.
A very fast pace enviroment
Community Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2018
It is a good company to work for, the culture is to help families relocated from public housing and assist with employment, and other community agency if needed.
Pros
Small office enviroment
Cons
Had to work on some Saturdays.
too inconsistent
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
there is no work life balance and management support. The rotating hours prevent you from having a life outside of work. a team work environment is stressed but everyone focuses on self. Management is inexperienced and everything learned is trail and error.
a day at the office
Residential Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 23, 2018
a day at the office will consist of opening the office, turning on office multi line phones, checking for faxes, collecting rent checks from drop box, listening to voicemail's, returning after hour calls to customers and residents, checking and responding to emails, checking status of work orders, creating or deleting any existing work orders, taking office inventory, re-organizing office files and supplies to keep things orderly, update monthly bulletin with resourceful information for residents and guests.
Pros
worked in a position i am passionate about
Cons
management created hostile workplace
Good Company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  PADecember 27, 2017
Fair company to work for, Work can be demanding and if new to the business I would not recommend. Training is minimum so if not a fully seasoned manager with the certifications to boot it would not be a right fit.
Pros
time off