The ConAm Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Great company
Property Management - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2019
the workplace culture is great! Manager are really good and the benefit are super good specially the medical and 401k that they offer. i have a good experience.
good benefits good company
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 15, 2019
I really liked working here the company takes a interest in their employees it was a hard decision to go for another opportunity. it really has a family feel working there i would defiantly go back if the pay was higher for me.
Don't Live Here, Don't Work Here, Don't Invest Here
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2018
I have friends who live at Conam properties and called me asking for help when their rent wasn't showing up and they were wrongly being charged late fees and they couldn't reach anyone at the property level to help them. There were numerous times in my role I would witness tenants being charged and former tenants being charged for the same unit even when tenants moved out. I worked with different people in all departments and while many worked hard everyone seemed to be too overworked to do a good job. One of the glaring issues they have is multiple people in different departments entering bills to be paid without any sort of 2-way match system to prevent over-payment. So if an invoice came in to 3 different people with a slightly different invoice number like 100, 100r or 100c it would probably be paid multiple times. Another big issue is waste and fraud. A vacate unit will be cleaned multiple times and when a client asks why management explains well it wasn't done right the first time yet both cleaners got paid. I would cringe with embarrassment at the level of service this company would give its clients. I would correct many mistakes that were done or not done by previous accountants and managers and never receive recognition instead I would receive the blame as if I was the one who made the mess in the first place.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Health Care has a high deductible
Little money and high expectations
Facility Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 17, 2018
Everyday there was never enough time to get stuff you need done completed. The biggest thing that bothered me was the Dog and Pony show you had to do in the upkeep of a book on the property, which led little value to fixing all the broken items needing repaired. I could site numerous examples to this organization, but I will keep it PG.
Pros
Day goes by quickly.
Cons
You work like a dog for very little wages
Great career!
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 8, 2018
They have excellent values/education to start an amazing career. Great benefits/options, its the whole package! I'd enjoyed my entire time working for them and would stay with them but I'm relocating
Great place to get started!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time an ConAm. I learned a lot about the property management industry, worked both independently and with others, learned administrative skills that can be crossed into many other industries and had set hours.
Pros
Set hours, pay
Great opportunities for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2018
It was a great opportunity. There are a lot of great people at the company to learn from. Additionally the properties they oversee are very nice and inviting.
Contract Inspection work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Decent company when I was there. Work was mainly at the refineries in Long Beach, although they had other contracts that they would send you on occasionally.
Terrible company to work for
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2017
The benefits are honestly pretty good, but that's about it. This company will use and abuse you. Let's not even start on the lack of morals this company has.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
No what they claim to be
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 25, 2017
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by another company that promises more than they could deliver. There is not enough information, or communication. Management is slow to help, if they do at all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Disorganized Company
Great Company
Regional Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Loved working for ConAm. Fantastic owners/investors and though there may not be much upper management support when it comes to training there is a lot of opportunity to get in and learn the ropes without fear of failing. They were very supportive of executive decisions being made on the regional level so long as they made sense.
Pros
Great Opportunity to Learn
Cons
Need Stronger Upper Management
Not the best company
BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part about my job, was dealing with the customers and trying to make their experience one of a kind type experience. The hardest part is trying to make everybody happy.
Pros
Floating holiday
Cons
Management not on same page
Completely unprofessional company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2017
I have worked for 4 different property management companies and Conam is by far the worst. The corporate office (Denver) runs like it's 1999, with completely outdated training and mindset. They are unabashedly incompetent, cliquey, and enjoy brown-nosing more than performance. Work for this company only as your last resort.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Culture, Training
Great place to learn different facets of IT.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
A great opportunity to learn multifaceted technology. Fast paced and engaging culture. You will be stretched to the limit, while gaining many opportunities to explore emerging technologies. Great place to be mentored and grow! Excellent IT Lead staff.
Pros
Exposure to newer technology.
Cons
Not for the faint hearted.
Good company
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix,May 17, 2017
This company is a good company to work for, great team. The property I work at is a fee management property.
They lost the fee manage; therefore I am looking for new employment.
Exceptional Work environment for Organized Professionals
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2017
ConAm has a great work atmosphere, great employee benefits, and a great overall treatment of there employees. I would recommend anyone wants to take their career to the next level to apply.
Pros
Free Oatmeal, Coffee, and Tea
Slavery job they never get satisfaction
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 17, 2016
More that you give more that they want.show appreciation only for their favorites They think of you as a money maker machine not as a human treat you like a slave more then 2 years with them giving my life to my job extra free hours of hard work no breaks sometimes no lunches work results and they will the One wrong thing instead of recognizing the other thousands of good results No Thank you! No ConAm no more
Pros
Pay us ok insurance
Cons
No brakes no lunches they will never be satisfied
Great and appreciative residents.
Maint. Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
They say if you leave on good terms you can always come back. Not true , left on good terms and have applied many times for positions I know I was over qualified for and not even a reply. Corporate events turn into an embarrassing situation from people grinding on eachother to embarrassing moments by company officials. Favorites within the company can do no wrong.
Pros
Free housing and good salary
Cons
Under staffed and skeleton crew
I must have aged 2 years in less than a year.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2016
They are having growing pains and everyone can feel it from the top all the way down.
There are some talented people in the Corporate office who's heart is in the right place. Then there are those that will throw you under the bus instead of relaying what is truly happening and why, because it might make them look bad.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
I had no life. I worked ALL the time.
I loved my job as an inspector
Visual Inspector (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAJanuary 14, 2016
I didn't have to work with my hands to much as I was a integrity inspector and my job was a visual inspector as well. I learned a lot working with Conam in a new job placement as an inspector. It was an honorable position and I enjoyed it!