The ConAm Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2017
The benefits are honestly pretty good, but that's about it. This company will use and abuse you. Let's not even start on the lack of morals this company has.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
No what they claim to be
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 25, 2017
I guess I shouldn't be surprised by another company that promises more than they could deliver. There is not enough information, or communication. Management is slow to help, if they do at all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Disorganized Company
Great Company
Regional Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Loved working for ConAm. Fantastic owners/investors and though there may not be much upper management support when it comes to training there is a lot of opportunity to get in and learn the ropes without fear of failing. They were very supportive of executive decisions being made on the regional level so long as they made sense.
Pros
Great Opportunity to Learn
Cons
Need Stronger Upper Management
Not the best company
BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part about my job, was dealing with the customers and trying to make their experience one of a kind type experience. The hardest part is trying to make everybody happy.
Pros
Floating holiday
Cons
Management not on same page
Completely unprofessional company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2017
I have worked for 4 different property management companies and Conam is by far the worst. The corporate office (Denver) runs like it's 1999, with completely outdated training and mindset. They are unabashedly incompetent, cliquey, and enjoy brown-nosing more than performance. Work for this company only as your last resort.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Culture, Training
Great place to learn different facets of IT.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
A great opportunity to learn multifaceted technology. Fast paced and engaging culture. You will be stretched to the limit, while gaining many opportunities to explore emerging technologies. Great place to be mentored and grow! Excellent IT Lead staff.
Pros
Exposure to newer technology.
Cons
Not for the faint hearted.
Good company
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix,May 17, 2017
This company is a good company to work for, great team. The property I work at is a fee management property.
They lost the fee manage; therefore I am looking for new employment.
Exceptional Work environment for Organized Professionals
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2017
ConAm has a great work atmosphere, great employee benefits, and a great overall treatment of there employees. I would recommend anyone wants to take their career to the next level to apply.
Pros
Free Oatmeal, Coffee, and Tea
Slavery job they never get satisfaction
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 17, 2016
More that you give more that they want.show appreciation only for their favorites They think of you as a money maker machine not as a human treat you like a slave more then 2 years with them giving my life to my job extra free hours of hard work no breaks sometimes no lunches work results and they will the One wrong thing instead of recognizing the other thousands of good results No Thank you! No ConAm no more
Pros
Pay us ok insurance
Cons
No brakes no lunches they will never be satisfied
Great and appreciative residents.
Maint. Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
They say if you leave on good terms you can always come back. Not true , left on good terms and have applied many times for positions I know I was over qualified for and not even a reply. Corporate events turn into an embarrassing situation from people grinding on eachother to embarrassing moments by company officials. Favorites within the company can do no wrong.
Pros
Free housing and good salary
Cons
Under staffed and skeleton crew
I must have aged 2 years in less than a year.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 3, 2016
They are having growing pains and everyone can feel it from the top all the way down.
There are some talented people in the Corporate office who's heart is in the right place. Then there are those that will throw you under the bus instead of relaying what is truly happening and why, because it might make them look bad.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
I had no life. I worked ALL the time.
I loved my job as an inspector
Visual Inspector (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAJanuary 14, 2016
I didn't have to work with my hands to much as I was a integrity inspector and my job was a visual inspector as well. I learned a lot working with Conam in a new job placement as an inspector. It was an honorable position and I enjoyed it!
productive job
lead welder (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKNovember 27, 2015
was a good place to work, to far away from home though, the days and nights in alaska are hard and the weather is harsh. runing pipelines up there is fun, hard work.
Pros
experience
Cons
far from home
Fast paced and positive experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZJuly 8, 2015
Working with CONAM was a great experience that taught me a lot about the property management industry. Upper management was very supportive and always eager to teach and challenge employees to do better and grow. It was a fast paced environment at my location which I loved because it challenged me to always think on my feet and helped me grow that much more.
Productive work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Daily I would ensure the property looked good for potential residents, meet with the Maintenance staff every morning and go over the turn schedule for the vacant apartments. Market and lease the apartments while going through a renovation of the property. Worked on renovation schedules, inventory control and business plans. I learned how to really get a hold of time management. My co-workers were great always there to help. The hardest part was having to leave once the 100% rehab was done on the property. The most enjoyable part was putting everything together and maintaining control.
Bring patience, tools, and retain an attorney!
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton,COJanuary 3, 2015
I don't necessarily see Conam as a poor company as a whole. I do however feel that the regional office here in the Denver area leaves a lot to be desired in terms of representing the companies core values and building value with their employees within the company. I had several incidents with my direct supervisor, going above and beyond to make my life as miserable as possible. I presented these issues to both the RPM and HR and had my issues initially responded to but all further attention and assessment that was promised to me left at the wayside. The company essentially sets you up for failure, my first day on the job i was asked simply to "change the locks". This was before I knew anything about the property, I didn't even know where the maintenance shop was. Their training program is horrendous. I was held accountable for systems and work orders that I hadn't even received training on their software. The regions professionalism is often called into question from a professional and moral perspective.I received my company orientation 6 mos into my employment! My particular property had numerous resident complaints about the PM. When she left the company, she was brought back 3 months later never receiving so much as a write-up for her negligence.This was after numerous other employees had complained about the employee including the RPM! The RVP always had a condescending tone and anytime she was on a property, all employee's feared for their jobs. She even went to the extent to admit in a Supervisors meeting for corporate that once you hit a Maintenance Supervisor within  more... the company you had pretty much reached your ceiling. If I had the funding I would have sued the company for the treatment I received from my direct supervisor.

On a positive note, the pay and bonus programs are decent. But I must admit that the biggest positive from my time with the company was the regional maintenance director. Chris was knowledgeable and never shied away from answering questions or attempting to train and educate me about company policies, he was always professional and pleasant to be around while on my property and his criticism was always constructive.
Pros
pay, bonuses, Rmd
Cons
See description
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 19, 2014
I was only there for a little time. It was only to fill the property up. it was good pay, tons of hours. I enjoyed it.
Ready for a Salaried Job with a new challenge
Manager (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Great Company to work for. Management positions in the Houston Area are filled.
Experience in heat pump repair
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Linda, CAAugust 20, 2013
It was in a rual area out side of Sacramento, which was nice. I got heat pump experience from it and was Maintenance Manager.
Pros
On site position
no fun just work
NDE/VISUAL Inspector (Former Employee) –  PasadenaJune 26, 2013
clock in review up coming job (turnover) . Learn about what's coming up or to expect for the shift. Management, most with this company was fairly good. Co-Workers, confident and great attitudes. Hardest part of job? climbing down a tower. Enjoyable part of job? Knowing the client was happy.
Pros
per-diem
Cons
low per-diem