The Connection Inc. Employee Reviews

Awful Management
Client Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTFebruary 7, 2019
Management is TERRIBLE. They hire incompetent people to run the place. The boss is out to serve herself, and her supervisor is no better. The place gets away with doing grimy things to their employees including screwing them out of vacation and sick time by not allowing employees to use it by the end of the year. They constantly force you to work 16 hour shifts and will fire you if you dont comply. They allow the clients to harrass you and dont do anything about it. They dont take your concerns seriously at all. There are no raises. They dont do shift differentials. They have the worst insurance ever. They make you work with medications when you are not med certified and use loopholes to make that possible. They dont even care about the clients. This place is an awful place to work and I would NEVER recommend anyone to come here.
Lack of Appreciation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILDecember 18, 2018
This is the second time I worked at The Connection, and I worked there for over 2.5 years.
I worked for a major client that decided to go a different way, and they eventually left the call center.
It was a real pain in the butt sometimes when these people called in. The quality scorers were pretty fair, and most of the supervisors would work with you.
Advancement was really not a great option unless you wanted to be a supervisor, get paid a couple of bucks more an hour and do 3 times the work than you did as an agent on the phones.
They had fun events once in a while to try to keep up morale.
It just feels like The Connection is a sinking ship and I needed to get out before I went down with them.
Cons
No real room for advancement, pay was too low, raises are too low, don't trust management or the longevity of the center itself.
Cultured
Tech Sales Exec (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2018
This is a company that is in the process of growing from the way they started doing business, to how the world operates today. They have potential, but the current culture needs a shift, in way of thinking.
Miserable place to work
Clincial Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 1, 2018
This company is top-heavy. Too many managers who come and go as they please, while the rest of the staff has to break their necks clocking in and out every day. The culture of this place is none like I've ever seen before. Very unpleasant experience.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
Upbeat work enviornment
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and full of memorable moments. Having an array of different clients is the most exciting thing about the job. I learn daily how to communicate with different type of people. Management are fair and dedicated to the team effort.
Pros
Free lunch often, Hoildays off
Cons
not much vacation time
Impossible to move up in the company
Tech Support Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYSeptember 17, 2018
EXTREMELY clique-y. If one of the big bosses didn't think you were friendly enough to them, you wouldn't be considered for advancement. When I worked there, literally ALL the bosses were sleeping with each other. Later found out that most of our "bonuses" were going into the bosses' pockets! Very unstable work environment. Unsettling. I reported a harassing threat by a co-worker who continued to threaten to "slit my throat." Nothing was ever done. BAD place to work!
Pros
bonuses, incentives
Horrible company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 5, 2018
This company is poorly run with no value on their employees. Employees are treated disrespectfully. New business is taken on just for the bottom line and not whether the company can handle the needs of the client.
Lots of Trainings Provided
Client Service Aid- Full Time (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 21, 2018
The trainings and resources that are provided are done very well. Management is down to earth and polite.
Flexible work schedules provided.
Casual dress code and free parking provided.
Very many customer complaints
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYAugust 20, 2018
Depending on the client taking calls for, many customer complaints about products, and commission amounts for distributors. Some clients did not allow agents to make decisions on their own, thus having to transfer to supervisors too many times. Company has a very strict point system for tardiness, as where if you are sick, you must provide a hospital admittance statement, not just a doctor's note. Accrue 5 points, and you can be terminated.
Pros
Very good time off policy, but no vacation, just time off based on hours worked yearly
Cons
Very expensive health care plan options, points based attendance system
Good student job
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 19, 2018
Only employs students, but will work with your class schedule and give you your desired amount of hours. Will promote those that work hard. I received a raise and promotion after about 6 months of working there
Very productive and meaningful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of handling multiple inbound calls. What I learned is that it's very important to build long-term customer relationships with the company in order to keep customers coming back and possibly purchasing more. Management was very fair and some were very strict, but that's because there will always be employees who give them reasons to be. The workplace culture is relatively friendly and warming. This job is not difficult in any aspect and the most enjoyable part is having it be very busy.
Pros
Busy work day, 3 breaks
Cons
Depending on the client, you may have to work a fluctuating shift toward the end of the month.
Busy work environment at the same time you are in your personal space.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work is fast pace. I learned customer skills along with listening skills. Management was always satisfying. The hardest part is being trained with multi companies order polices at the same time.
Pros
Havinf the teamworkers help at any time
Cons
A lot of companys order polices to remembe
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYAugust 7, 2018
Really not someone who would recommend working at the connection to anyone else as it is a stressful environment although I was good at my job and had h a very high good call average.
Always a strong place of environment where you felt apprieciated.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 25, 2018
A typical day at work was a fast pace that became the most enjoyable part of the day on the count that the work day was fast. The hardest part is when their was lack of workers we worked longer without no breaks. I did learn a lot of computers skill along with communication skills.
Pros
You are always busy and your day goes by fast.
Cons
Employees at times worked with computers that were difficult to manage.
Very Stressful.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 19, 2018
They go by a point system and you were required to use you Paid Time Off if you called. They didn't accept doctors notes. Some positions did offer over time. The job was fast past and very stressful.
Pros
Point system
Cons
Pay was good and the hours were good.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJuly 18, 2018
It started as a great place to work. I went from an agent, to a team lead, to a Supervisor. At that point there were many management changed and loss of clients so the advancement and the fun atmosphere is no longer there. But again I did enjoy my coworkers and how it all started.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 6, 2018
This place is a good place to work, the managers are very helpful and so are the trainers the are sitting next to you during you first week or two to make sure you have everything down packed.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 28, 2018
It was ok but they weren't willing to work with you but majority of the time it was ok to work there........................... and there supervisors were unfair at times
Pros
Cons
Unfair help
Case Manager
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 27, 2018
Great job for entry level employment. However little room to grow. The job is high pace and you are overworked. Most programs are under staff putting stress on the case managers. Case Managers positions for the Criminals Justice department are competitive. As long as you are committed to helping client re-enter society the job is worth it. I just wish there was more staff and better pay.
Pros
Free meals, great experience, great networking opportunity, co-workers, management
Cons
Low pay, no breaks, mandated overtime, deadlines, dangerous environment
They hire anyone if you need a quick job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 26, 2018
I worked for this company for over 10 years. Went from being a home agent to an in the office worker with 14 days notice, worked with a wage freezer for 8 yrs, pluse an additional 2 1/2 with a 25 cent raise each year, then was hospitalized for 7 days with kidney failure and exceeded my points. I was fired while in the hospital. It did not matter how long I had worked there, how many clients I worked on, or how loyal I was. I was fired. I was at zero points when I went into the hospital and left the hospital without a job.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Connection Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.