The Connor Group Employee Reviews

Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Management was very inexperienced. Deadlines were difficult to meet due to scheduling issues in the office by management. Didn't have the staff needed to help in the office.
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
No room for growth
6 Year Employee Honest Review
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
A typical day at work for me involves a lot of human interaction. If you're good with people, can sell and are able to put the customer first then this is the career for you! Over 6 years with The Connor Group I've advanced from an administrative assistant to a leasing agent to senior sales and now I'm a sales manager. I continue to learn more about seniored roles as I ask to be taught. This is definitely a career path that you need to be willing and ready to ASK for what you want and put in the work to achieve it. If you are a go getter then you'll fit in great! I work directly in a leasing office based out of Atlanta and have great interpersonal relationships at work. We all work well together toward a common goal and this makes coming to work daily enjoyable. The bonus structure is fantastic and if you are willing to put the work in you can have incredible additional income. It really all falls back on the employee and how hard you are willing to work- like any job, if you put in the work you'll yield great returns and opportunities for advancement will come. :)

The hardest part of my job is working weekends (Saturdays) however I knew this was a part of the job when I signed up.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers/office atmosphere and my residents. I genuinely enjoy what I do and where I do it. :)
Fun place to work, great associates
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked as a leasing consultant, and left because there was no room for advancement at that time. I had to earn more money.

Typical day is leasing apartments, amd remewing leases with current residents.
Pros
Fun events for employees
Cons
Low paying
Good workplace
Maintenance Turn Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham NCJune 3, 2018
Management could be more understanding and less demanding learned from supervisor how to accomplish difficult tasks. Enjoyed learning part of job. No real hard part of the job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Short time frames
Difficult Balance
Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 2, 2018
Benefits and pay were not bad but you are expected to work really long hours but get yelled at if you have overtime. If you have a family or expect to see any friends outside of work, this is not for you. They are quick to let go of anyone for the smallest mistake and I am not sure how I have managed to stick around. They churn though sales and property managers like they are the flavor of the week. Some have figured out the magic formula to stick around for a while but I don't think I am in with the cool kids. I'm looking for something more stable now and I'll put in my notice as soon as I do. It's too stressful working for a company that sees you as disposable with no warning.
Cons
No lunches, no work life balance, no job security
Don't trust the higer up in office
Turn Tech/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 1, 2018
The whole core values is a lie and a way to keep employees thinking they are working for a good company. I was told if I hit my goals for the month I would receive a 2 hundred dollar bounus, I did hit my goals. I brought up the bounus to the senior manager who offered the bounus. Acted lost and that he never said anything about a bonus. A very long story short if you're planning to be a maintenance employee for the Connor group be prepared to be treated like dirt and never good enough. They will use the core value of relentless pursuit of excellence of the reason they can work you till you burn out and then fire you cause you can't hit the not so clear goals they have set for you. The award breakfast they have is a way of the coorprete employees to pat each other on the back and show you how much money they made.
Pros
Learn a alot from the senior lead maintenance guys
Cons
Can't trust the people the people in the coorprete office
nice
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 25, 2018
ok company to work for. they have a small staff is the only problems that I have. Needed to hire more staff for the property. They need more staff to maintain the property.
productive and fun
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
productive and fun place to work the connor group was really really cool I just wish they offered discounted housing or housing of some sort for its full time and on call maintenance keepers
Pros
productive and fun
Cons
not enough pay to afford to live there at full price
Fast paced fun and rewarding place to work.
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
Over all this company is great for a starting position. Its very goal oriented and you are meant to work as a team. The people really make it a great place to work. The work life balance is tough and the pay could be better.
Pros
Benefits, time off, lax environment.
Cons
Pay doesn't match the cost of living in this city. Long hours and working on weekends.
Great benefits, unrealistic pay for hard working techs
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
everything’s done in house, save money for the company, pay very low for techs to perform all the different task asked. Painting, a/c, plumbing, electrical etc. Cost of living is so high and pay isn’t enough. Everything’s in-house, meaning techs do it all. I have no problem with that but other maintenance companies paying double for the same position and less work.
Benefits

Cons
Low pay
Long hours even weekends
Had to figure many things out on my own
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, Weekends, figure things out on your own, no supervisor
Fast-paced evironment, results driven
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2018
I've been with the company for 5+ years and love it. This company has offered me plenty of opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. I love my coworkers & bosses, the fast-paced environment and how each level of this company impacts the bigger picture. The level of commitment required is high and we certainly like to have some fun competition! Days can be long sometimes, but it's absolutely worth it due to the sense of accomplishment you have after.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement, good company culture
High Energy Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 28, 2018
The Connor Group is made up of people who are passionate about what they do. They are high performers who thrive in the collaborative environment where forward-thinking is a mandate!
Pros
Opportunities are limitless for associates at every level. You can chart your own path.
Cons
Leadership should explore the advantages of flex schedules
Great place to work!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2018
Great culture based on core values that everyone knows and lives daily! Only company that I’ve ever worked for where anybody can become a partner. Hard work is rewarded and there is very clear communication on expectations.
Pros
Benefits, advancement, pay, culture, people you work with
Great Culture, Great Benefits, Great Opportunities
Central Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 23, 2018
If you are a high performer with a great work ethic who is looking for an employer that rewards both of those attributes, The Connor Group is the answer. The Connor Group provides the opportunity to work on high performing teams in a fast paced environment with teammates who have unparalleled talent and drive. You will be stretched and given the opportunity to grow!
The Best Career Decision I've Made!
Marketing Analyst & Reputation Enhancement Manager (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 22, 2018
If you are highly motivated, The Connor Group is a fantastic place to work. The team consists of some of the top talent in the area and they are a pleasure to work with. I'm constantly learning from my peers and my professional skills continue to grow. The company offers professional development and room for career advancement. The company offers great benefits and pay. What I like most about working for The Connor Group is the company culture. Hard work is recognized and you are rewarded regularly for your work.

Hands down the best decision I've made in my professional career is joining The Connor Group.
Great culture with great opportunities for growth!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 21, 2018
From my perspective, TCG is a great place to work. You're challenged, given opportunities to learn and grow, and the benefits are very good. The best part of the job is the people you work with. I don't care what your title is or what your job is, people are treated with respect. This was, in fact, one of the first things I heard directly from the Managing Partner when I started.
Pros
Benefits, opportunity to become a company Partner, core values, commitment to excellence, office dogs!
Get ready to work hard
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2018
If you are motivated by money alone you might be fine here. They do have good compensation and benefits. However, if you want a work-life balance that will not happen. They expect you to work excessive hours and short staff you. In the beginning you might think this is temporary but it never stops. They also are bad at letting you know if you are doing a good job. They compensate with money but the overall culture is poor and leaves you feeling defeated all the time.
Incredible Company to Work For!
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I've never worked for a company that invests in their associates the way TCG does. The management is incredible with professional development. My manager is the best boss I've ever had.

If you are willing to work hard, you will most definitely be rewarded for it. My coworkers are wonderful. It's a competitive environment- everyone who works here is very intelligent, so it pushes me to do my best every day.

I literally think to myself every night, "I can't wait to go to work tomorrow!" I've never experienced that before. I absolutely love what I do and want this to be the last job I ever have. I don't think I ever COULD work anywhere else because I'd be spoiled.

The central office is breath-taking.Their gym has state-of-the-art equipment (I've never seen a treadwall in person before!) There are several office dogs, which are so refreshing and reflect the progressive environment

I also love that TCG prioritizes giving back to the community- that's something many businesses overlook and it's a top priority here. There are fulfilling volunteer opportunities available.

If you're a top performer and love to work hard, you'd be right at home!
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
Not a con, but you need to have a thick skin. Honest feedback is given regularly to make you a better person.
People Count
Profit Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCFebruary 16, 2018
The Connor Group truely values their employees. They operate on a culture of success and hard work is recognized and valued here. There is a lot of variety in the job so it doesn't become mundane and The Connor Group offers on-going training in each position so you are constantly becoming better at your job. This is truely a rewarding place to work.
Pros
Rewarding for a job well done.
Look no further if you would like a career, not just a job!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I started working here just 8 months ago. After a very successful 15 year career in retail it was time for a change. I wanted a company that would give me a shot and let my hard work speak for me.
Every person from the field to the central office are some of the hardest working people I have ever met. It is amazing to be in an environment that is full of people with your same work ethic.
They truely listen to you and want to help you achieve your goals. Best part no dream or goal is too big! If you are ready to be in a work culture that helps you prepare for your future, than look no further!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Connor Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight