The Connor Group Employee Reviews

The corporate machine
Maintenance tech slave (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 5, 2019
Do Not Work for this Company/ Do Not Rent from this Company. You Have been warned. First off I would like to say it is an embarrassment to have ever worked for this company. Management is the worst i have ever seen. Never have parts to fix anything, equipment that we have to use to clean carpets, sprayer for spraying walls is garbage, old and doesnt work real well. Units that are vacant and that are getting rented out are garbage. Over my last week at the property i listened to peoples horror stories about their move in experience, or that they lived in their unit for almost a year and have had the worst time trying to get things fixed because the property never has any parts for units. I watched pipes bust one after another after another this winter and the cause of that happening is Management neglect. Pipes that were burst were in vacant units that either the heat was not turned on, no gas running to the apt. or parts taken out of furnace to fix another. The techs that work there were told no one is working in units that the heat is not working in because it was -22 outside, guess what we were doing, you guessed it out in cold units for 2 days. Or how about when you are extracting water from peoples units because pipes burst and you get a text message from management " we need a carpet clean done for a move in" the answer i gave is no its not happening im extracting water, their answer to that was no this has to be done. they dont care about resident that already live on property all they care about is getting warm bodies in units anyway they can. When the residents were  more... looking for answers to their flooded out apartments the answer management gave me to tell the residents was "tell them to call corporate on monday" then they tucked tail and ran outta there as fast as they could. When people first move in to their apartments i can say that there is at least 5- 10 work orders that people complain about having right at move in. and the work order stack at one property is at least 200 work orders not completed in occupied units. They have these values called core values and some of these values are " Do the right thing, People count, relentless pursuit of excellence, these things look great on paper and the management is always beating this into the techs heads but who is holding management accountable to these core values? I could go on and on and on but i think that no one cares especially higher up corporate reps. Its a corporate machine that doesnt care about you or me.  less
Great career move
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 4, 2019
My favorite part of my job is knowing that I get direct feedback both positive and constructive each and every week. In my past jobs, they would schedule one on ones and never follow through. Each week I have been with The Connor Group, my manager has taken the time to help foster my growth and give me recognition for my accomplishments. It's really nice to see that they care about me as a person and want to help me succeed.
Fun and Productive Place To Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2019
This is an organization with great people that drive a strong culture and foster rapid professional development. You are generously rewarded for the successes you find in your role with this company. It took no time to acclimate to the awesome environment The Connor Group has created.
Best Job I've Ever Had!!
IT (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 11, 2019
Although I am new to The Connor Group, I can tell this is unlike any place I have worked before. The culture and people are amazing. I am pushed and challenged to grow professionally and personally every day, and there are opportunities to learn and grow. If you are willing to work hard you will be recognized and rewarded. Being around other hardworking motivated people on a daily basis makes me want to give my best every day.

I am literally excited to get up and come to work here every morning. Central Office is very nice. The company has one of a kind benefits, a gym, office dogs, and is very progressive. If you are motivated and love to work hard The Connor Group would be a good fit for you.
Pros
Great benefits, culture, friendly co-workers, growth opportunities
A+ Work Culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJanuary 9, 2019
My experience at The Connor Group has been great. There is a deep sense of culture in the office, and their core values are directly in alignment with my personality. The company is successful because they set clear expectations and reward those who give their best to achieve them. Their training regiment is well-planned and thorough. They will give you all the tools you need to succeed -- but it's up to you to use them.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive environment, friendly co-workers
Stressful work environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 11, 2018
The Connor group has great values; however, that is only on paper. They do not live the Company values. They lie to you saying that it is no retail hours...of course it is retail hours. Not only working weekends but using your personal phone to transfer calls from the office. Even in your days off, you need to transfer calls and answer emails.
Be careful with the job posts. They advertise the position as a District Manager but it is a Property Manager.
This is the worst company I ever worked for and I regret my decision of resigning to my previous job because the Connor Group lied to me.
If you read residents reviews from all the Properties owned by Connor Group, you will understand how bad is this company. As a Property Manager you need to deal with all the resisdents upset and frustrated because the way the CG operates.
I would highly recommend you read residents reviews and real employees reviews.
Dont waste your time
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 4, 2018
I went to the Connor Group with thoughts of a CAREER
not a JOB. It's a CON, they will have you work your usual 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
Then you will take the emergency phone for 7 days. The phone rings ALL hours of the day 11 p.m. 2 a.m. 3 a.m. you have to go on call. These calls take you away from your family ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT.
Then the company takes back all of those hours from you that you went after work to do emergency calls for the company after you've already completed your regular 8 hour shift and send you home early even though you went out of your way to do work for them. NO OVERTIME

Remember.... The Connor Rule

"People Count" .... "Do the right thing''
Pros
You learn helpful things
Cons
You work 60 hrs only get paid for 40
A unique, successful group of people
Central Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 5, 2018
The Connor Group has been one of the most rewarding places to work. Sure, it's rewarding in terms of the benefits, but it's great to be part of a group of people who are so highly motivated and successful at what they do. It makes it easy to look around and feel driven for success every time you start your day. At The Connor Group it very clear that hard work, determination and success are all part of our culture.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, great benefits, motivating culture
Incredible Company and Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 15, 2018
The Connor Group is fast-paced, high-energy and you work with an elite group of people. The company stands by its five core values - People Count, Live the Circle of Success, Think long-term not short-term, Do the Right Thing, and Relentless Pursuit of Excellence. For those who put in the work, it is Rewarded and Recognized! Each person is held individually accountable, and success is constantly measured. If you're the type of person who needs a finish-line, this won't be the place for you. Connor Group employees hit their goals and then raise the bar even higher.

Benefits are second-to-none! Employee premiums are paid after three years with the company. There's also a longevity bonus, and the opportunity to become Partner at any level within the organization.
Pros
Office dogs, Benefits, Culture, Reward & Recognition
Cons
Long Hours
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Management was very inexperienced. Deadlines were difficult to meet due to scheduling issues in the office by management. Didn't have the staff needed to help in the office.
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
No room for growth
6 Year Employee Honest Review
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
A typical day at work for me involves a lot of human interaction. If you're good with people, can sell and are able to put the customer first then this is the career for you! Over 6 years with The Connor Group I've advanced from an administrative assistant to a leasing agent to senior sales and now I'm a sales manager. I continue to learn more about seniored roles as I ask to be taught. This is definitely a career path that you need to be willing and ready to ASK for what you want and put in the work to achieve it. If you are a go getter then you'll fit in great! I work directly in a leasing office based out of Atlanta and have great interpersonal relationships at work. We all work well together toward a common goal and this makes coming to work daily enjoyable. The bonus structure is fantastic and if you are willing to put the work in you can have incredible additional income. It really all falls back on the employee and how hard you are willing to work- like any job, if you put in the work you'll yield great returns and opportunities for advancement will come. :)

The hardest part of my job is working weekends (Saturdays) however I knew this was a part of the job when I signed up.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers/office atmosphere and my residents. I genuinely enjoy what I do and where I do it. :)
Fun place to work, great associates
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked as a leasing consultant, and left because there was no room for advancement at that time. I had to earn more money.

Typical day is leasing apartments, amd remewing leases with current residents.
Pros
Fun events for employees
Cons
Low paying
Good workplace
Maintenance Turn Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham NCJune 3, 2018
Management could be more understanding and less demanding learned from supervisor how to accomplish difficult tasks. Enjoyed learning part of job. No real hard part of the job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Short time frames
Difficult Balance
Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 2, 2018
Benefits and pay were not bad but you are expected to work really long hours but get yelled at if you have overtime. If you have a family or expect to see any friends outside of work, this is not for you. They are quick to let go of anyone for the smallest mistake and I am not sure how I have managed to stick around. They churn though sales and property managers like they are the flavor of the week. Some have figured out the magic formula to stick around for a while but I don't think I am in with the cool kids. I'm looking for something more stable now and I'll put in my notice as soon as I do. It's too stressful working for a company that sees you as disposable with no warning.
Cons
No lunches, no work life balance, no job security
Don't trust the higer up in office
Turn Tech/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 1, 2018
The whole core values is a lie and a way to keep employees thinking they are working for a good company. I was told if I hit my goals for the month I would receive a 2 hundred dollar bounus, I did hit my goals. I brought up the bounus to the senior manager who offered the bounus. Acted lost and that he never said anything about a bonus. A very long story short if you're planning to be a maintenance employee for the Connor group be prepared to be treated like dirt and never good enough. They will use the core value of relentless pursuit of excellence of the reason they can work you till you burn out and then fire you cause you can't hit the not so clear goals they have set for you. The award breakfast they have is a way of the coorprete employees to pat each other on the back and show you how much money they made.
Pros
Learn a alot from the senior lead maintenance guys
Cons
Can't trust the people the people in the coorprete office
nice
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 25, 2018
ok company to work for. they have a small staff is the only problems that I have. Needed to hire more staff for the property. They need more staff to maintain the property.
productive and fun
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
productive and fun place to work the connor group was really really cool I just wish they offered discounted housing or housing of some sort for its full time and on call maintenance keepers
Pros
productive and fun
Cons
not enough pay to afford to live there at full price
Fast paced fun and rewarding place to work.
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
Over all this company is great for a starting position. Its very goal oriented and you are meant to work as a team. The people really make it a great place to work. The work life balance is tough and the pay could be better.
Pros
Benefits, time off, lax environment.
Cons
Pay doesn't match the cost of living in this city. Long hours and working on weekends.
Great benefits, unrealistic pay for hard working techs
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
everything’s done in house, save money for the company, pay very low for techs to perform all the different task asked. Painting, a/c, plumbing, electrical etc. Cost of living is so high and pay isn’t enough. Everything’s in-house, meaning techs do it all. I have no problem with that but other maintenance companies paying double for the same position and less work.
Benefits

Cons
Low pay
Long hours even weekends
Had to figure many things out on my own
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, Long hours, Weekends, figure things out on your own, no supervisor
Fast-paced evironment, results driven
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2018
I've been with the company for 5+ years and love it. This company has offered me plenty of opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. I love my coworkers & bosses, the fast-paced environment and how each level of this company impacts the bigger picture. The level of commitment required is high and we certainly like to have some fun competition! Days can be long sometimes, but it's absolutely worth it due to the sense of accomplishment you have after.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement, good company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Connor Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight