The Corcoran Group Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
The Corcoran Group is a great company to work for with the best talent in the country. I, unfortunately, had to move for personal reasons or else I would still be with the company.
Horrible Place to work if working in Adminstrative Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
Really awful experience. Best way to describe would be "Devil Wears Prada" experience. Administrative work is very disorganized because people are either fired or quit very often. Type of place you could never please higher up management.
Pros
Nice brokers/ agents
Cons
Horrific / Anxious work environment
Best company in New York.
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2018
I've been at The Corcoran Group since 2002. I love my office and office manager. I create my own schedule. Corcoran has continuing education for free and keeps you informed of all new laws in place. Marketing materials are also provided by Corcoran so you can create your own unique marketing plan.
Pros
You create your own schedule.
Cons
You get paid on commission. This is also a pro since commission can be very high.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 20, 2017
Great management and internal resources. Corcoran has a healthy sales team environment and the best training in the industry. I've learned a ton from my colleagues and had the opportunity to work alongside some of the biggest brokers in the industry. Corcoran is the best real estate brand in the business.
Small fish in big pond
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
you will just be a number at this firm. they expect big numbers and take a huge cut. managers are sometime hard to get a hold of and are of little help to those who are intelligent agents.
Working at Cororan
Administrative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
There were a balance of advantages/ disadvantages of working at the Corcoran Group. Overall the experience of meeting many different agents was definitely an experience. The company definitely lacks diversity and can be improved upon. Management in the administrative department was very unorganized. The
HR department often swept certain issues under the rug if complaints were made against people that brought in top company dollars. No holiday bonuses!!!!!! Other than that I very much enjoyed working with the colleagues on my team.
Cons
No Holiday Bonus!
Not one of my favorites
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
Company was very clicky and if you did not fit in or kiss up, you were out. This position was very simple and eventually I got bored. I was laid off a the perfect time.
Pros
A lot of days off literally if it rained to hard they would closed the office.
Cons
Upper management played favorites.
Productive and Fun Place
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
A typical day I would respond to client emails, sending properties of interest, coordinating showings, submitting offers, researching CMA reports for clients.

Management is extremely helpful and caring with my concerns and needs.

Workplace culture is "bravo" I met amazing colleagues with years of experience in the field, sharing information, and providing helpful advice.

The hardest part of the job is when your deal falls through "goes south" after investing so much time and energy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a meeting of the minds and getting the job done!
Not impressive
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Management here is pretty terrible. Corcoran over charges for marketing and really doesn't care about new people that join. Their commission structure is not supportive for growth. They honor tenured agents and don't give enough training and support to newer agents - and I wasn't new, this was just my observation. Their business model is really outdated. My advice would be to try a lower commission brokerage.
Professional work environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
Good working relationship with team peers, superiors and managing director. Developed and honed skills related to effective marketing, sales and management in the field of luxury residential real estate new development in New York City.
very productive work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2016
Learned a great deal about the Real Estate business. Was able to be a great asset to the Corcoran Group. My skills was greatly appreciated..
Pros
annual dinners
Cons
great health care benefits
Always working!
Associate Broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
One of the largest and most prestigious real estate companies there is.Be prepared to execute all aspects of residential property sales for both buyers and sellers, from initial showing to close. Brokers and and salespeople are commission only, so be prepared to be working 24/7-work and life balance can get blurred easily.
Very Nice People To Work With
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
The brokers here at Corcoran are really nice. The work environment is also very good and everyone communicate with one another sharing important information about their next big sale.
Pros
Free Soda, juices, coffee. Food sometimes offered, nice working environment.
Must be Agressive
Residential Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
I loved my boss - she is amazing. Real estate is the wild west so you always have to be ready.
Professional, Ethical and very friendly environment
Real Estate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgehampton, NYDecember 4, 2013
The good thing about working with independent agents is that they essetially work for themselves and I am here to asist them with any needs. Everyone has been very friendly and I get decent health benefits. The management team is very good with their agents and staff. I have learned a lot about how real estate is done in the Hamptons, NY and have enjoyed viewing all of the amazing properties.
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Advertising and Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2013
An excellent company that respects your time and understands life is not always 9-5. The CEO makes a genuine effort to get to know you and your name. If you work hard and complete your tasks, it is not an issue if you need to slip out for a doctor appointment or leave early to pick up a child. The morale is high and I feel as if you are rewarded for your efforts.
Great comnpany- 5 Stars
Real Estate Sales Agent, The Deanna Kory Team (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2013
Great support staff and wonderful management. A great place to work.
Great place to work, staff is like family
Broker's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
A typical day at work for me would be to come in at 9am and usually I am the first one at the office! I open the front door and turn on all of the lights and go to my desk and work... My office is located upstairs from the store front and there is a beautiful open window view of the city by my desk.

The staff and management is very friendly and like family here.

I have learned allot from Corcoran and will take what I learned here and apply it to my everyday lifestyle.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure that some clients give you for wanting their issues addressed as soon as possible. This can be hard when you are working with one or more customers at a time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making clients happy and satisfying their needs.
Pros
free lunches, self-employed, other perks, great real estate events around nyc, great boss
Cons
very seasoned company and seasoned core values
fun workplace
Senior Software Architect/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York NEWSeptember 27, 2012
Nice people to work with. The mangers are down to earth. I have learned a lot the years I spent here.
Great attention to, and treatment of, employees.
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2012
Great experience, fascinating work with apartments throughout NYC, and a committed boss, help create stability and positivity.
Pros
energy-dependent - not sitting in a chair all day.
Cons
work and success fluctuate with market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Corcoran Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Corcoran Group Reviews by Location