The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Employee Reviews

I opened the Cosmopolitan .Great benefits,Good pay, Long late hours. Its a great smaller property.
Beverage Server/Model (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2018
Swing shift is the busy shift. I learned exceptional customer service skills along with working well with others. The culture of The Cosmopolitan is very competitive and cut throat. The hardest part of the job were the late hours. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers!
Pros
Great money and benefits
Cons
The late hours
Productive and fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2018
Amazing and comfortable place to be which makes everyone feel welcome. They listen to what you have to say and willing to accommodate any reasonable requests. The most enjoyable part was the people you get to meet.
Pros
Free Lunch, Managers, Guests
Cons
Nothing to complain about
Fun cutting edge enviroment
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2018
Typical corporate environment
The smaller single location allows for more creativity and responsibility. It is much easier to be noticed and stand out.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Little or no backup
Stressful and poor management. Judgement based on people they like performing duties out work description like cleaning desk, floors, doors etc
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
A typical work day would be to listen to every ones complains about their daily lives. I learned to be quiet and not interact with these people because all they do is act like kindergartens kids. Calling each others names. Singing insulting songs. Telling people if you can flush them down a toilet because you don't agree to a course of action or worse you offer an opinion. Management is the direct result of these behaviors. They want you in check and ready to listen to their gossip and then listen to their judgement of you based on your status "monetarily". If you do not cosplay with their nuances they sack you. The hardest part of this job was being told I had misconduct when I stand up for myself after being insult right after a disciplinary action. Management just said we wash our hands of you. The culture is all fake. You either cry your eyes out, beg and lower yourself to a nothing to be absolute humble to your coworkers and supervisors to maintain this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers not the staff. Staff is full of themselves.
Benefits
Cons
Management and staff
great benefits
Project cleaning/guest room attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
Not much to say it was a good place to work at. Great benefits, great people you get to work with, free lunch. Management was good, it has its challenges.
Fun place to work for
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Family like setting, managers were awesome. But employees were pretty much just numbers. Not recognized for hard work at times. Time off not always approved despite many extra-board staff available.
Fun and friendly place to work
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
A typical day at work was first preparing for the busy day ahead, setting up reservations and discussing current tasks in the morning huddle. Every day was filled with multiple tasks that were organized by a great team. We all helped complete each task in a timely matter until the end of each shift. Cosmopolitan had an abundance of culture. Many ethnic backgrounds from employees to customers, which included much diversity, I was proud to be a part of a respectful work environment.
The hardest part was the unsatisfied and challenging customers, but with great management team, each problem was resolved in a timely manner as well. I enjoyed the friendships and the team work that were demonstrated on a daily basis. Even on the busiest days, when problems would arise, the team would work together to get a positive end result.
Pros
Co-workers, managers, health care
Cons
short breaks, no room for advancement
Excellent work environment and fun summer job
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
A working day at Cosmopolitan was fast paced and energetic employees made work more effective.

I achieved better people skills and communication through working hours at the Cosmopolitan.

Working outside all day for 8 hours was the hardest part of work, but we had some down time to recharge our energy.

The best part was working with good-hearted people that were young and full of life that made coming to work so enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch, shuttle services
Cons
short breaks, 100+ degree weather
It was a nice job for being in Vegas
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
They take pride in being an elite casino, and it is somewhat reflected in how they treat employees, however, they think they already have the answers, so they arent the type to take suggestions about anything.
Pros
fair in most aspects
Cons
most jobs start on call until you are picked
Fast Paced, busy and fun
Identity Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
At my post upon arriving and usually stayed at the same position all morning. Sometimes location (post) was changed during the day, depending on the department's needs at our two locations.

Management was supportive and there for whatever assistance was needed. It was a busy and fun atmosphere in a new and luxurious Casino/Hotel. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with drunk guests. One of the most enjoyable aspects was the ability to cross train with other areas and the great people I go to meet.
Pros
Busy, productive day.
Cons
Parking off-site and dealing with drunks.
Compasion and motivation hotel
Casino porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2018
Was a great place to work with good benefits , really good place to meet friends , people around the world . They have all kind of enterteneiment in the hotel and restaurants too.
N/a
G.R.A Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2018
it was a pleasant place to work i just started looking for better opportunity . I learned a lot from being there different disinfectant cleaning solutions and More open to greeting customers. Co workers were friendly and we helped one another.the job was culture divers.
Pros
Opertunity for advancedment and unlimited overtime
Cons
Short Lunches or no lunches at all.
awesome place to work
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2018
Very professional place where management wants you to succeed. I loved working here because it was laid back but extremely professional. and the food is amazing
Great place to work for
Hotel Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2018
I loved working at the Cosmo and I do miss being there but moved out of state with my family or I would still be there with all the great people. Miss all the people I use to work with in my department.
Pros
Good pay
Cosmopolitan
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
THE pay is low benefits are good there are no promotions or incentive to work harder. There is a lot of turnover in management which makes it hard to be
Very busy atmophere. Lot of drunken rude guest. Security was a joke. rent a pig
Kitchen slave (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
It was a good paying job. Outlet managers walking on egg shells. Terrified of the the director and Executive steward. Language barrier, half the people dont speak English, Though they were nice people
Pros
good pay free lunch. Main boosses were cool
Cons
The other manager under the main bosses were psycotic and paranoid of main bosses
Les falta personal
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  S Las Vegas Blvd 89109May 9, 2018
El ambiente bueno es un lugar de fácil acceso de las personal de strip de Las Vegas Blvd
Pros
Tienen buen seguro medico
Great Place to work
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2018
Started in February and best hotel to work at on the strip.. staff and management is awesome recommend this hotel to everyone.. already told some of my friends and they applied
Productive and fun company to work for
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work for the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas I enjoyed my position to the utmost. I can’t say enough about working there. It is very fast pace and constantly changing.
Pros
You received $8.00 per day for lunch only on property
Cons
No 10 or 15 minute breaks
Not a good to work at period
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2018
Not a good place to work and management is racist and have favoritism toward in employees and is just not a good environment too work and they treat like slaves and over work you this place is full of it lol cosmopolitan resort management of full of it and very cutthorat
Pros
Cons
No free lunches and no breaks