The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Definitely a good “first job”

I worked at Cotton On in high school. I was hired on as a sales associate. I always felt like I wasn’t accepted because I was younger than all the other managers/employees so yhey kinda made me feel stupid.

Pros

Great discount as an employee

Cons

Management wasn’t the greatest. Kinda unfriendly

Very Unprofessional Company

I worked at Cotton on for about a year. When I started there was no manager. One was hired but she took credit for all the work the associates would do. I did feel bad for her though because the district manager was VERY mean to her about almost everything she did. The district manager talked to us like we were children who needed help doing anything. Very demoralizing. My manager left after 6 months and I was put in charge of most of what she did, but never received any training or pay increase as I was running the store. I was constantly working 12 hour days as another keyholder would always show up late or not at all. The district manager almost laughed when I asked him about becoming the manager. It’s no wonder they can’t keep most of their employees around for long. They would always say they ‘promoted within’ but I never saw that happen. They lied to my old coworker about giving her a promotion just to get her to go to another store, and never followed through on anything they said. Not surprising, really. They are a very unprofessional and disorganized company. I wouldn’t recommend working for them. They have no system and make employees feel unappreciated. One of our registers was broken for 3 months and IT was useless and said it was ‘too expensive’ to send out someone to repair our printer, when I knew it was more than just a faulty cord. I would never recommend working for this company.

Pros

Good employee discount

Cons

Unprofessional, rude, upper management was horrible.

Not a lot of room for growth

The Job is good and the workers care about each other but it's clear that the higher ups don't recognize how important the staff in the store is. Sales associates are given the shaft occasionally and pay raises are almost non-existant.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight