The Creative Group Employee Reviews

Great Company
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 4, 2018
I have worked several contract jobs through The Creative Group over the years. The Creative Group is the best Marketing and Creative Staffing Company in Orange County. I am very happy with their services.
Excellent Creative Agency
FREELANCE COPYWRITER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2018
The Creative Group actually cares about their creative freelancers and wants them to succeed. The team is very helpful, knowledgeable, and always goes the extra mile for you. Great company to work with!
Love the jobs, not the company
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 14, 2018
The companies I worked for were great and with awesome staff. All the contracts I was on were short lived due to competitive rates from The Creative Group. In order for me to work at a specific company they would have to pay me and pay them double. So I completely understand how they make their money and how I fell through the cracks with work. Plus I had at least four different managers in my short time with them.
Pros
Great Jobs
Cons
Benefits, Benefits, Benefits
Wonderful company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 10, 2018
Loved this company. Always steered me towards good jobs, well-paid and professional. If a job came up that was not a good fit, they understood, and would do their best to accommodate you.
na
ACCOUNT MANAGER/ CREATIVE RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 28, 2018
My position at The Creative Group was a learning experience but not in a mentored, fostering growth kind of way. Buckle up and enjoy the ride but it was ride or die my your numbers every Friday.
Temporary Placement Agency
Content Writer and Editor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2018
I would receive assignments from various clientele, for more than fair compensation. Upon completion of the assignments, I would receive compensation.
Pros
Flexible Schedules including working from home
Cons
Far Commutes for some assignments
Good
Freelance Print Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
When an assignment was offered it did match my skill sets which gave me the opportunity to work the full contract without a hitch from client (Darby Dental Supplies) Catalogues Design which I was very good at for the type of applications provided to do the job. (i.e. Quark, Indesign, photoshop, Illustrator)
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
contract limitations
Waste of time
Senior Creative Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
at the creative group, you are just a number. you sit at your desk all day long, pursuing mind numbingly boring tasks. the culture is TERRIBLE. you check your personality at the door.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE
Thank you TCG!
Production Artist (Contract/Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2018
TCG placed me with fantastic companies that have grown me as a person and Production Artist. I am grateful for all the opportunities they have given me.
Pros
Great recruiters!
Cons
None.
Negligent and a blacklisting proxy
N/A (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2018
I had a big fight with the rep because I found out they had just put me on ice. These third party employment agencies are just terrible for workers. Everything bad others have written is true. I believe these places are also used to blacklist people, it happened to me. I think these placs should be made illegal. They never got me ANY work.
Pros
Cons
Negligent, blacklsting
Company doesn't secure a Job
Wordpress Developer - Master Designer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2018
This company doesn't have any secure for any job, as employee I have question for them but they never have answers for me, it wasn't no body who i can talk.
Great company to work for!
SENIOR DIGITAL MEDIA RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2018
I feel this company was a great experience, backed by individuals truly driven to change the industry. They offer a unique platform of business that engages both candidates and clients alike. Their attitude is very passionate. I appreciated meeting them.
Professional and client focused
Group Account Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2018
Well connected with a network of relevant clients. Efficient with rapid engagement and placement to solve clients hiring needs. Fair-minded and highly professional.
A typical staffing agency
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2018
While I was able to find a long term contract through them, I generally found them extremely negligent. Rarely was I provided with opportunities and almost never presented with room for advancement. They also took a large cut which meant I was payed relatively little and had difficulty requesting raises from my contracted client.
Excellent Company
Senior Vice President, Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 23, 2018
Excellent company with great leadership and leadership direction. Company has a clear vision of where it is going and a very good strategy to get there. The co-workers are great also.
Great place to find temporary work
Freelance Hybrid Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
Working for the Creative Group opened the doors to a great variety of job throughout Atlanta and got to know people in the industry. I ended up getting hire full-time with a great company through them.
Pros
flexibility
This is a creative staffing service
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the staff who worked tirelessly to match my skill set with the available job offers that they would have through collaborating with their clients
Needs to do a little better with their recruiters
Content Writer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
I've been able to work with TCG once and it was positive, but thereafter things have been incredibly disappointing. The recruiters are very hit and miss and inattentive, and apparently only leave job postings open for a day or two before mysteriously "filling" them. I usually don't like doing online work reviews because if you have a bad experience it can come off as an employee being bitter but this company is not bad (especially for creatives) I just with they would be more consistent and upfront about their employment opportunities.
Pros
Great for writers and editors struggling to get in
Cons
Some of the recruiters are unprofessional
Great if you have the right recruiter
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Amazing opportunities through TCG. They really do their best to get your foot in the door with companies that you want to work for. At the very least they will do their best to get you working!
Pros
Great variety in work
Cons
Most jobs are temp only.
Great opportunity
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2018
Great company to help get your foot in the door. The staff is very helpful and tries to cater to the needs of the individual. They have great resources for to help with advanced training and even work with you to secure a permanent position with companies.