The Creative Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A typical staffing agency
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2018
While I was able to find a long term contract through them, I generally found them extremely negligent. Rarely was I provided with opportunities and almost never presented with room for advancement. They also took a large cut which meant I was payed relatively little and had difficulty requesting raises from my contracted client.
Excellent Company
Senior Vice President, Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 23, 2018
Excellent company with great leadership and leadership direction. Company has a clear vision of where it is going and a very good strategy to get there. The co-workers are great also.
This is a creative staffing service
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the staff who worked tirelessly to match my skill set with the available job offers that they would have through collaborating with their clients
Needs to do a little better with their recruiters
Content Writer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
I've been able to work with TCG once and it was positive, but thereafter things have been incredibly disappointing. The recruiters are very hit and miss and inattentive, and apparently only leave job postings open for a day or two before mysteriously "filling" them. I usually don't like doing online work reviews because if you have a bad experience it can come off as an employee being bitter but this company is not bad (especially for creatives) I just with they would be more consistent and upfront about their employment opportunities.
Pros
Great for writers and editors struggling to get in
Cons
Some of the recruiters are unprofessional
Great if you have the right recruiter
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Amazing opportunities through TCG. They really do their best to get your foot in the door with companies that you want to work for. At the very least they will do their best to get you working!
Pros
Great variety in work
Cons
Most jobs are temp only.
Great opportunity
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2018
Great company to help get your foot in the door. The staff is very helpful and tries to cater to the needs of the individual. They have great resources for to help with advanced training and even work with you to secure a permanent position with companies.
Grade A
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2018
The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and responsive. They work hard to find great placements. They are a good group of people to champion your best talents.
Pros
Exposure to lots of job openings
Cons
Work is not consistent
Supportive management that assisted placement
Technical writer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2018
I worked as a contractor. management worked hard to find a good match between me and the client. Made frequent visits with me to see how I was doing and would intercede of there were issues.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
very narrow focus the kind of professions they assign to clients.
Okay
SPS Graphic Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2018
It's an okay job but you're usually on edge of waiting for a project and that can be scary because there's not a lot of job security. The pay is low and PTO is minimal. There is also a lot of turnover in the account managers which can complicate things.
Cool (but costly) way to get connected with a company
Freelance Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsJanuary 4, 2018
They were great at getting me contract work, but I found out that I was getting paid less than the people around me who were also contract because of how much money they were taking from ME rather than billing the company like the other agencies do. It was about a third less, I was getting $18 /hour LESS than my peers.
Pros
great at placement
Cons
takes their cut out of your pocket instead of the company placed in
College Grads Job
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2018
Prospect, recruit and interview with candidates in-person, by phone, and using various digital methods to establish strong business relationships and followers. Ongo- ing account management and client contact with all managerial levels to determine candidates fit for the assignment and viability to support specific current and future client needs.
Fun and Inspiring
Marketing Assistant/Desktop Publisher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the Creative Group. My manager was great and always available to help with problems or suggestions while I was on assignment. Creative Group also pushed training and provided unlimited hours and computer access for new and current software to polish your skills and keep you in rotation for new assignments.
Pros
training, transparency, loads of support
Cons
Health insurance program was sketchy (may be better now)
Work a contract that was temporary to permanant potential.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2017
The work hours are good, 9-5. But the day would drag, because the management could not or would not schedule a good work flow. Management basically knee-jerk reacted to any jobs the came through. Also was very isolated in the office of all sales personal, no one to relate too, and it seemed that that whole office had a distrust of artists. Seems that they had a bad history with several designers... Spend many days cleaning the filth out of the negligent space.
Pros
Commute time was short. Work hours were steady 9-5.
Cons
Dirty, messy environment. Management was very confusing and uncommunicative.
Good matchmakers
Contract editor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2017
The specialists there have a solid grasp of what I offer, and find appropriate roles that march my skills. They know their business and take time to know mine.
Great Company
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 9, 2017
It was an Experience working at the creative group, I was able to use skills that I already had from my several years of experience and I learned more people skills that will boost my career.
Pros
Work
Cons
Great, when you have a contract
Web Developer / Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2017
I had contract that went well, with multiple extensions. Their communication is inconsistent. Hardest part about the job is feeling like they're not just another temp agency.
Pros
Good Salary, skilled management, great contracts
Cons
No benefits, poor communication, inconsistent offers
Awesome folks to work with!
Independent Contractor Events Designer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2017
Love working with Creative Group! they are part of great major events, and love working on all projects with them! I can't wait to continue challenging myself.
Lacking leadership
SVP-Finance, IT, Operations (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IllinoisOctober 4, 2017
Company strategy was set but leadership could not execute and was not decisive in making decisions. Did not know how to create shareholder value.

Did not enforce cultural values.
Pros
Location and co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment
N/a
Graphic Design/ Web Design (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
The jobs that The Creative group seemed overall alright. I learned a little bit more about each company that I did contract work for. Hardest part of the job was the commute. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I met.
Very Tricky
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 15, 2017
It's on and off type work where you will have a job for 3 months and then you're unemployed for a month. It's also very competitive getting selected for jobs. But by far the Creative Group was the best creative staffing agency out of them all.
Pros
They find you work
Cons
Very competitive, no benefits, not steady.